Philharmonic speakers

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I have 4 Philharmonic speakers (2 Philmonitors and 2 new Mini Philharmonitor) and love them. I have seen them recommended often here. But when I read which speakers most have I don’t see them but other brands, WHY?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have 4 Philharmonic speakers (2 Philmonitors and 2 new Mini Philharmonitor) and love them. I have seen them recommended often here. But when I read which speakers most have I don’t see them but other brands, WHY?
There are plenty of them among members here; but many members bought their speakers before Philharmonic Audio was a thing.
Also, there has been an unfortunate "hole" in the Philharmonic Audio offering. Until the mini-monitors (and you can still argue they are a niche offering), you could buy the AA's for $215/pr or the Philharmonitors for $1100/pr. That eliminates what may be the most common budget range. I believe he may be exploring a design/modification to fill that void!

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
There are plenty of them among members here; but many members bought their speakers before Philharmonic Audio was a thing.
Also, there has been an unfortunate "hole" in the Philharmonic Audio offering. Until the mini-monitors (and you can still argue they are a niche offering), you could buy the AA's for $215/pr or the Philharmonitors for $1100/pr. That eliminates what may be the most common budget range. I believe he may be exploring a design/modification to fill that void!
That's a better answer than I could have thought of. It's very difficult for a tiny operation to penetrate the sweet spot of $400 - $800. Chinese cabinets are a must, and those tend to be available only in large lots unless you use something like the BR-1 cabinet I buy from Parts Express for the AA monitors.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis