Thank you for the add.

Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Thank you for the add to what appears to be a great forum & Canadian to boot. I am a 70 year old oldbroad that is quite tech savvy when it comes to audio video. 40 years ago, I set up a 500w Marantz 6 pc. component stereo system complete with turntable with my TV to give me what today we call home theater. Again thanks for the add. Cheers Angela ( oldbroad [fysty-1] ) Dodds

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you for the add to what appears to be a great forum & Canadian to boot. I am a 70 year old oldbroad that is quite tech savvy when it comes to audio video. 40 years ago, I set up a 500w Marantz 6 pc. component stereo system complete with turntable with my TV to give me what today we call home theater. Again thanks for the add. Cheers Angela ( oldbroad [fysty-1] ) Dodds
Finally, some ladies. I was becoming worried. Welcome!

What is a Marantz 6 pc?

Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Finally, some ladies. I was becoming worried. Welcome!

What is a Marantz 6 pc?
Ot is a 6 unit stereo system that was popular in the 70's . It was a system that was about similar quality to that of Pioneer & others of the time.
Thanks for the welcome.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Ot is a 6 unit stereo system that was popular in the 70's . It was a system that was about similar quality to that of Pioneer & others of the time.
Thanks for the welcome.
Aaaah, sorry for the obvious question; pc stands for pieces, right? I'm not from U.S. so sometimes I don't get all of the abbreviations.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome Angela. Don't by chance know the specifics, i.e. model numbers, for that Marantz system? We love details :)

Not a Canadian site altho there are a few members in Canada....Gene's outfit is based in Florida (i.e. Gene DellaSala, the founder/chief Audioholic).

Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Aaaah, sorry for the obvious question; pc stands for pieces, right? I'm not from U.S. so sometimes I don't get all of the abbreviations.
I am also not from US. I am from the West coast of Canada.

Angela Dodds

Angela Dodds

Audiophyte
Welcome Angela. Don't by chance know the specifics, i.e. model numbers, for that Marantz system? We love details :)

Not a Canadian site altho there are a few members in Canada....Gene's outfit is based in Florida (i.e. Gene DellaSala, the founder/chief Audioholic).
As for model specifics, I didn't know them at the time. They were written down at the time in case of break down or theft.
As for being a US site that means nout to me, I just thought I had seen on the Google search, that this was from Canada.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the welcome.
I have a pair of 30+ years old Marantz preamp amd power amp, would love to see pictures of those older 6 pieces.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Although that's applicable to all of BC, rather than just Whistler....
Well, don't forget about the astronomy hobby in BC!

That is a bit of a hot spot for amateur astronomers too. I've Got some books written by some BC natives, eh.

Man, retire to BC. Work on mtn bikes, ride bikes, and sell telescopes by day, and star gaze all night!

Of course west coast ipa filters its way up north of the border too!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I am also not from US. I am from the West coast of Canada.
Ah, that's my favourite part of US. :D:D

I guess since Vancouver Island and Gulf Island and Fraser, Okanagan and Similkameen valleys are not that far away, you enjoy some excellent Pinot Noir and some outstanding whites; Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay.

I'm curious about these. I'd love to taste them. There's not that much Canadian wines in my parts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis