sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That's pretty good. $129ea (shipped) has been the going rate for a few weeks. I'd planned pn buying a pair but I've decided to buy a refurb AVR instead and put my E41s back in service.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If they go back on sale for $100 each, then I plan to buy a new set myself. Black Friday is right around the corner and will be here before we know it. Looking forward to it too. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
the 308's are $199. If they go lower than that, I may have to try a pair of those to go with the 305s. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 308's certainly have more low end. As such, I can certainly understand the allure to them. However, the 305's gave me all the low end that I ever needed. Now that I have gotten used to a warmer sound signature albeit my Wharfedale Diamond 220's, not sure that I can ever go back. Really like the laid-back sound w/no listening fatigue whatsoever. Nothing bright or forward, but very well balanced w/a good amount of detail. The 305's are very impressive as well. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The 308's certainly have more low end. As such, I can certainly understand the allure to them. However, the 305's gave me all the low end that I ever needed. Now that I have gotten used to a warmer sound signature albeit my Wharfedale Diamond 220's, not sure that I can ever go back. Really like the laid-back sound w/no listening fatigue whatsoever. Nothing bright or forward, but very well balanced w/a good amount of detail. The 305's are very impressive as well. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I agree with the 305's having enough low end for this space and the music I listen to. I'm kidding myself about buying anymore speakers. I have pretty much the entire speaker spectrum covered other than what else I can experiment with via DIY. I'm back on the Tempests again, and by all rights, they should be the end of the road without buying a bigger house with more rooms as a speaker museum of sorts. :)

I would describe the Fusion Tempests as laid back, or a much more refined version of the LSR type experience, with the waveguide effect being the most obvious commonality.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I agree with the 305's having enough low end for this space and the music I listen to. I'm kidding myself about buying anymore speakers. I have pretty much the entire speaker spectrum covered other than what else I can experiment with via DIY. I'm back on the Tempests again, and by all rights, they should be the end of the road without buying a bigger house with more rooms as a speaker museum of sorts. :)

I would describe the Fusion Tempests as laid back, or a much more refined version of the LSR type experience, with the waveguide effect being the most obvious commonality.
Right, but you have skills.......LOL!!!! Good luck w/the tempest! Be sure to keep us all posted. Oh, and we all love pics! :):p:)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis