Yamaha RX-V395 hiss

P

PutridGospel

Audiophyte
With no connections plugged in there is an audible hiss around 8-9 o'clock then cranked full it fully distorts the speakers high but moderate level hiss would definitely impact sound, now tested on multiple outlets around my home, same problem occurs same with my NS-10m and RCA-SP110-10.

As I have read from MARKW on here with the pinky picture, it is the power amplifier if the hiss remains constant all full volume, and if it is variable with the volume control it is the pre amp that is faulty.

Am I correct here?

Also anyone have any insights on maybe getting this thing back in shape, replacing the pre amplifier so I can use it with my NS-10ms, bought it off offer for 100, guy probably won't take the thing back and I hate to just throw it away, plus Yamaha - Yamaha sounds good to me, Thank you anyone who answers and it is mutely appreciated!!!!!

-Drel

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Test is invalid..
Any input circuit which is not terminated may generate some hiss/noise it needs to have a load connected...
Unit may have a hiss with no load, connect an input load and the hiss may vanish...

Just my $0.02... ;)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Wait do you mean I should cap the two unused outputs on my DTV Swim switch :D
Test is invalid..
Any input circuit which is not terminated may generate some hiss/noise it needs to have a load connected...
Unit may have a hiss with no load, connect an input load and the hiss may vanish...

Just my $0.02... ;)

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Wait do you mean I should cap the two unused outputs on my DTV Swim switch :D
Hmmm...
A DTV swim switch..:(
My response would be stay kleer of the deep end of the pool, not good to mix electronics & water.. :confused:

Just my $0.02... ;)

P

PutridGospel

Audiophyte
no clue what you two are talking about after my comment..
thank you for your reply but as a load (as you mean speakers)..
I hooked this up to my speaker and the Yamaha sounded thin and just didn't seem full like delivering power right also seemed scratchy or like there was white noise added to the signal so I turned it off the music that is, tested it with just a speaker and there is a considerable hiss that grows into volume (also on different outlets around the house), which cannot be a normal situation for an amplifier, I understand a noise floor when cranked to max you hear some but not this, also my inexperience first grabbing this I plugged a line level signal the headphone output on my Komplete KA-6 (audio interface) to the phonos and it came out the speakers very distorted didn't turn it up, but I think I damaged the preamp is what I have read, but what is funny to me is on the Yamaha if I just broke it that I have a JVC A-K300 and I plugged the same output of my KA6 into the phono on the JVC and it plays just fine, but I read that phonos are for turntables which are MAmps compared to like Tape in, sorry for the long reply
Thanks
-Drel

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis