Denver Bound on the 11th. Any AHer's out there?

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
I'm an hour south in Colorado Springs. What's bringing you to CO?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Visting another audiophile. Going to be chilling and hanging out. Testing if he can actually hear the difference in Ethernet cables. Going to hit a hi-fi shop and hopefully some live music (jazz?).

PM me...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Visting another audiophile. Going to be chilling and hanging out. Testing if he can actually hear the difference in Ethernet cables. Going to hit a hi-fi shop and hopefully some live music (jazz?).

PM me...
You just missed RMAF! And, GABF!

I missed them too this year, but when I can, I like to get out there for at least 1 of those events.

There is a spot downtown that I like. You have Falling Rock Bar with a pretty good tap selection, then right next door you have 1-UP, a classic arcade that sells booze!
http://www.the-1up.com/

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
.... Testing if he can actually hear the difference in Ethernet cables....
What? Someone took you up on a challenge? Poor sucker. ;)

Have a good trip and report back with results if that was the case. :D

ps. how is he using that ethernet cable for audio?
Oh, and take all your measuring gear.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Victor Wooten Trio on the 9th, I think, up in Nederland.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What? Someone took you up on a challenge? Poor sucker. ;)

Have a good trip and report back with results if that was the case. :D

ps. how is he using that ethernet cable for audio?
Oh, and take all your measuring gear.
He's using it as a data cable he had it put through certification (didn't pass CAT5). Should be a good time and he seems like a cool cat.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
He's using it as a data cable he had it put through certification (didn't pass CAT5). Should be a good time and he seems like a cool cat.
Data cable? What is he expecting to be different with that cable or another ethernet cable transmitting data?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Are you talking about the data speed or data loss? What other aspects are tested? This is interesting to me since it would be a "high end" data cable that can't pass a cert that a $5 cable can.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Are you talking about the data speed or data loss? What other aspects are tested? This is interesting to me since it would be a "high end" data cable that can't pass a cert that a $5 cable can.
It was interpair skew and NeXT that failed.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I'm back. Been on forum hiatus for a few years. Don't know when you'll be here, but DO NOT MISS going to El Chapultapec or Dazzle.
El Chapultapec has survived on Larimer for about 70 years as a jazz club. It's a nice shithole and all the greats have played there. Night doesn't matter, its a history visit.
Dazzle is off Broadway. Beyond good most nights. Sounds good, mid-sized venue, comfortable and killer vibe.
Ski2xBlack, you still live in no man's land? Since we talked last, I built a new house on the high-plains and went full tube retard and moved into a triode-strapped KT88 amp and had some custom Zu Omen's built.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Seeing if anyone is out there.
Well, it looks like the Independent Records in Denver has closed!

But, looks like the one in Colorado Springs is still open. One of my favorite record shops!

Last time I was out there, I went to the one in Pueblo and scored a few awesome deals on used vinyls and CD box sets.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey Greg, what's happnin?! If by "middle of nowhere" you mean Longmont, nope. I'm up in the mountains now, well removed from the brown cloud along the front range.

Good call on Dazzle, Jinjuku should check it out. They used to have an incredible brunch on weekends too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis