FS NEW PSA 7201 SUB 4 DAYS LEFT

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
PSA 7201 SUBWOOFER FOR SALE ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TILL LISTING ENDS $3100 OBO

Hello to all,
This is a limited time listing for a new PSA 7201 sealed subwoofer that I'm offering to anyone who's interested in the ultimate in home audio ULF bass reproduction. This is the most powerful subwoofer that I've had the opportunity to audition in my home. I won't get into the details of why I decided to return the sub except to say it's too much for my space and my age. I'm giving someone the chance to own this sub below the pre-order price PSA was selling it for and what I paid for it $3500. Obviously this is local pickup only and like I said this listing will last for a limited time only. You can buy from PSA now for $3500 for a little longer (then $4000) or from me for $3100. I MUST SELL THE SUB, I"M GIVING IT AWAY AT THIS PRICE $3100. Please don't ask why I'm selling this sub for $3100 OBO. It's a month old with 55 months of bumper to bumper transferable warranty.

This sub has a total of 6 hours of use and is in perfect working order, it has been out of my system and not used for weeks and is covered with a sheet and plastic wrap, buy now for $3100 and save me the trouble of returning it. Only serious inquiries please. I live near the Pittsburgh Airport in Beaver County PA 15001, thanks again for looking..............

You get all the specifics here on the PSA site.https://www.powersoundaudio.com/coll...products/s7201

Here's one picture of it in my home, I have also included some REW measurements I took at various locations at and around the PLP. Thank you for looking, all questions will be answered, I also have all the packaging material the sub shipped with.

This is a very large sub, here's a picture next to a big speaker and has 4 18" drivers with a 4000 RMS ICE power amp and weighs 300 pounds. So local pickup only, limited time offer. I included some REW SPL measurements at MV -15 and -9 MV, the UMIK clipped at that level.

Attachments

Last edited:
ahblaza

ahblaza

Thank goodness I'm on the other coast :) Not even tempted. :rolleyes:
Yeah that seems to be a problem, not many folks around here in my neck of the woods that would be looking for a sub like this and the ones that are already have what they want, thanks for the reply, I'd help with gas money..........:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah that seems to be a problem, not many folks around here in my neck of the woods that would be looking for a sub like this and the ones that are already have what they want, thanks for the reply, I'd help with gas money..........:D
LOL that'd be a lot of gas money for my van plus the lodging/food....approaches what you're selling it for.....and I do have sufficient subwoofage now. Good luck!

ahblaza

ahblaza

LOL that'd be a lot of gas money for my van plus the lodging/food....approaches what you're selling it for.....and I do have sufficient subwoofage now. Good luck!
Thanks, I kind of figured you had enough of your own.........I just made a hasty decision here with the 7201, I had three 18" ported subs here that I traded for the 7201 and I'm in way over my head with this monster, too much for my room and my age. I wrote this review of why I can't keep the sub, crazy I know, thought it would make for a good read and add a smile for the day............

Hey Guys, I just wanted to let you that I will be returning the 7201, it's a sad day to have to say this but for my health and the well being of my wife and the integrity of my house the 7201 is just too much sub for my space, I wish I could cut it in half. This sub just treats my house like it's made of balsa wood, it's the most powerful subwoofer I've ever heard or felt. It also has the best response of any sub or combination of subs I've had in my home.

I was taking some compression sweeps and the mic ran out of headroom at 110dB at 6 Hz, no kidding, this is a weapon of mass destruction. I just never expected this type of power from a single subwoofer, it's overkill for my space, I can't believe I just said that. I was watching Wonder Woman with the sub 5dB hot and at MV -12, it was great until she went crazy and attacked the Nazis. My couch felt like it was going to explode, my feet were burning and my heart rate was through the room and my chest felt like I was being hit by a professional boxer and I couldn't breathe.

MY wife came down screaming thinking something happened down in my room, she thought I was using a jackhammer on the carpet over concrete. She told me what was going on up there and I didn't believe her so I played that 5-6 minute scene over again and went upstairs. Several of her candle jars had vibrating off the shelves and shattered, her 110 pound plasma TV was ready to vibrate off the stand and fall, I had to hold onto it. I know you guys must be thinking I'm exaggerating but when I say her 200 pound chair with wooden claw feet and ottoman literally rocking from side to side. I put cat liter on her chair cushion and the sand was actually dancing to the sound waves. It was literally scary walking up there for fear of the floor (concrete) cracking and collapsing. I watched the filament in the light bulbs wiggling and thought they would explode, I never finished the rest of that scene.

You guys strive for this type of body attacks and TR, I don't know how you can take it, for me it's dangerous to my health, especially my breathing which is labored already, the 7201 leaves me breathless literally. The pedal wasn't even near the metal either, there was a lot more headroom on tap. I feel really bad not having the PSA Flagship product in my home, for once in my life I had to agree with the misses that the 7201 is too much sub for our home which seems to be a conduit for ULF energy transference. I've had subs in here before that pressurized my living room but never a whole house pressurization subwoofer like the 7201. I had to pop my ears by holding my nose with my fingers and blowing the air out through my ears for fear of a nose bleed.

By the way the front of the sub is physically 17' from the PLP and I felt like I was sitting an inch away from it, I don't know what those cavities do but apparently something comes out of them. As big as the sub is it's not localizable in my smaller room and you saw the measurements taken from 14 spots at and around the PLP and then the average of the 14.

I really feel bad having to return the sub within the 60 day in home trial window because in five years and 20 subwoofers later I've never ever returned a single sub in the 30-60 day return window. I don't know why I saved the 40 pound pallet and all the foam inserts but I'm glad I did. Now I have to go rent a power stair climber dolly to get this 8th wonder of the world up the steps. I wish everyone could at least get to hear and feel this 7201 even if they don't but it, it's like nothing I've ever experienced from a single subwoofer. This is a uniquely designed one of a kind WOMD (weapon of mass destruction), the military could use this device. I'll try and get some compression sweeps up cause I know you guys have doubts that I had 110dB at 6 Hz. I had 100dB at 6 Hz running regular sweeps at MV 15 I think.

I won't be able to get this back down to Jim for a few more weeks so if anybody's interested and is in a reasonable driving distance to the Pittsburgh Airport you can get a brand new 7201 for the pre-order price, I'll even take off a few $$s to ease my conscience of having to return the sub for a credit. I haven't decided what's going to replace it yet, maybe something a bit more manageable. I'm serious about this so if anybody's interested please let me know, I'll get it up the stairs and it's 15' to the curb after that. I can't tell you how bad I feel, seriously, I don't want to end up in the hospital or divorced.........

Cheers Jeffrey

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Jeff, what does it weigh? Are you shipping it back? That would have to be expensive, no? Best wishes with the sale. I will keep this in mind if I see anyone looking for a killer sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
ahblaza

ahblaza

Jeff, what does it weigh? Are you shipping it back? That would have to be expensive, no? Best wishes with the sale. I will keep this in mind if I see anyone looking for a killer sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Hey Phil, how are you my friend, hope all is well. It weighs in at 5 pounds shy of 300 pounds..............it's a monster for real, almost twice my weight, thanks for the reply.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil, how are you my friend, hope all is well. It weighs in at 5 pounds shy of 300 pounds..............it's a monster for real, almost twice my weight, thanks for the reply.
Doing okay Jeff. Having health issues myself. Hope and pray that you get to feeling better. Will keep this in mind should I see someone looking for a killer sub. Nearly 300 lbs. holy smokes! :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

ahblaza

ahblaza

Doing okay Jeff. Having health issues myself. Hope and pray that you get to feeling better. Will keep this in mind should I see someone looking for a killer sub. Nearly 300 lbs. holy smokes! :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil
Hope you feel better as well my friend and thanks again for the well wishes, this is a one of a kind, seriously........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis