Audioholics Reference Gear Sale

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

I'm getting ready to revamp the Audioholics Showcase Home Theater room to Atmos/DTS:X and Auro 3D.

All equipment I am selling is in MINT condition. Shipping is NOT included.

This is your chance to own actual gear from our reference systems that we reviewed and used on a regular basis!

Denon AVP-A1HDCI Preamp/Processor:
MSRP: $8,500 w 3D/Audyssey Upgrade
Asking Price: $3,000
it kills me to sell this masterpiece. The AVP-A1HDCI offers benchmark performance in every category and to date has the best analog preamp and DAC section I've ever measured! Nothing on the market today is built like this 60lbs+ tank which has a huge toroidal power supply, Class A outputs and fully differential ciruits from input to output. I have the recent 3D and Audyssey upgrade board implemented too.

RBH Sound Signature 66-SE/R On-Wall with Status Driver Upgrades
MSRP: $2,800/pair
Asking Price: $600/pair
These are wonderful speakers for those wanting broad sound coverage across a wide listening area. The woofers are bipole and the tweeters are dipole configured. They feature dual 6" aluminum drivers and dual 1" Scan Speak 9500 tweeters. These speakers can handle gobs of power and play extremely loudly with great clarity. I'm only selling because I'm switching to monopoles for the bed channels per Atmos spec.

Aperion Audio Verus Grand Bookshelf Speakers
MSRP: $600/pair
Asking Price: $300/pair
These are great little speakers for a desktop or bedroom system. They are a two-way design featuring a 5" wooven kevlar woofer with phase plug and 1" soft dome tweeter and a -3dB pt of 59Hz. Mated with a sub, you've got yourself a great sounding 2.1 system on the cheap. These are virtually brand new in a box with very little usage on them.

Emotiva MPS-1 200 watt/ch 7-Channel Modular Amplifier
MSRP: $2000
Asking Price: $500
This is the amplifier that launched the Emotiva brand. It's a class G, 200 watt mono-block construction with 7 individual cards loaded into the chassis. 1 card doesn't work but the other 6 cards are in perfect working order. You can just send 1 of the channels back to Emotiva for servicing. This amp is heavy at 115lbs so it's best as local pick up.

Yamaha RX-Z7 7.1CH Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD Networking AV Receiver
MSRP: $2700
Asking Price: $600
This is the last RX-Z series receiver made by Yamaha and the very last with the amber front display that Yamaha enthusiasts (myself included love). 140watts/ch x 7 with power amp assignability, YPAO and 4 zones of multi-room audio. I love this receiver and if you're not needing Atmos, you will too.

Marantz SR6004 7.1CH Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD AV Receiver

MSRP: $1249
Asking Price: $400
This is a basic 7.1CH Dolby TrueHD / DTS HD receiver that offers solid amplification (110wpc x 7), Audyssey MultEQ Auto-Setup, and HDMI 1.3 connectivity. This is a perfect receiver for someone wanting to set up a 5.1 or 7.1 system focusing on sound quality over features.

Velodyne DD-15+ Subwoofer
MSRP: $4000
Asking Price: $2000
This is the very last subwoofer excuted with engineering excellence before Velodyne shifted focus from subwoofers to headphones. It has great output, easily meeting our Large Bassaholic room size rating and sophisticated room EQ. I have two of these subwoofers and would sell both as a pair of just one. I only need one in my setup to get smooth bass since I have other subs in the room as well. This is one of the best sealed subwoofers we've reviewed in its size class. Truly a great product and especially a fantastic woofer! I have all of the accessories and user manual but no box and it's heavy (120lbs). Local pickup is preferred.

This is a working list of equipment and I will be adding more. Feel free to PM me with any questions or for a more recent listing of stuff I will be selling.

Update: 10/20/17: I lowered some of the prices in this ad.

I also have some additional items like:
  • Emotiva XPR-1 Monobloc amplifiers: Asking $2k for the pair
  • Marantz PM-11S3 Integrated Amplifier: Asking $2500
  • Audyssey Pro MultEQxt32 Calibration Kit and 8CH processor: Asking $500

Last edited:
K

KIRKLIN1

Audiophyte
Hello Gene:

What are the chances you'd ship to AK? Granted, I'd pay shipping cost. You have a couple pieces I'd be interested in -

Not to be insulting, AK = Alaska. SO MANY people believe AK = Arkansas :( :( :( (What is being taught in school these days?) LOL

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I'm ever selling my awesome Denon AVP-A1HDCI. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hello Gene:

What are the chances you'd ship to AK? Granted, I'd pay shipping cost. You have a couple pieces I'd be interested in -

Not to be insulting, AK = Alaska. SO MANY people believe AK = Arkansas :( :( :( (What is being taught in school these days?) LOL
Hmm, I've never shipped anything to Alaska but we can check what the cost is. Let me know the product and the zip code via PM so we can figure it out.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't think I'm ever selling my awesome Denon AVP-A1HDCI. :D
IT really kills me to do this. Nothing today is built like the AVP-A1HDCI. I look at even the $10-15k Atmos processors and they still aren't built to that level. However, AVP can't be updated to Atmos/DTS:X or 4k, Audyssey can't be limited to bass only, NO manual PEQ. It's time for me to update.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We can all understand that the Audioholics Reference system has to be equipped with the latest technology. It's a must.

For anyone else, my myself, who doesn't feel the need to be equipped with the latest, the Denon AVP-A1HDCI is truly a masterpiece pre-pro.

I wish didn't already have the Denon AVR-5308CI, which I paid $5,000 a few years ago.

Otherwise, I probably would have gotten a second Denon AVP-A1HDCI for HALF the price of the AVR-5308CI. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We can all understand that the Audioholics Reference system has to be equipped with the latest technology. It's a must.

For anyone else, my myself, who doesn't feel the need to be equipped with the latest, the Denon AVP-A1HDCI is truly a masterpiece pre-pro.

I wish didn't already have the Denon AVR-5308CI, which I paid $5,000 a few years ago.

Otherwise, I probably would have gotten a second Denon AVP-A1HDCI for HALF the price of the AVR-5308CI. :D
I literally started at my AVP tonight for a few minutes after watching WonderWoman with the family and felt sad that I'd have to be letter her go soon :/

I also miss my AVR-5805mkii - the best multi-ch receiver of all time!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I lowered some prices and added a few items.

K

KIRKLIN1

Audiophyte
Hello Gene:

I'm not writing this time in response to your sale . . . . even though I still strongly think about purchasing some it - thought shipping to AK is not always wallet-friendly :)

Anyhow, I have a question perhaps you or Hugo could answer. I test 2 different pieces of my equipment with a new speaker wire. I noticed immediately, something was off. I thought it was in my integrated receiver . . . since I primarily listen to separates.
I was listening to Rachelle Ferrell's Individuality CD. It's a MUST, if you don't have it. Her range is literally unbelievable . . . but since she's actually proving her range with her singing . . . . it'll make 'you' change your mind about what's possible with the human voice. Pay extra attention to track #11, I Can Explain (Trust me - GET IT!!!!! It is well worth it).

As I was listening to a different set of cables (Belden, New Generation 5102UP CL3 75c 4c14 (UL) E34972-BN -2661 18:26 ROHS) - Perhaps that info means something to you. I immediately noticed the sound was 'larger' (more stereophonic), but the image was scattered. Voices and Instruments were poorly placed.
I thought I connected the lines backwards, so I switched the speaker leads. Did help. (I connected the same leads to the other source - and it sound the same. I reconnected my other leads - and voila - placement returned to normal.

Please explain the effects speakers can have on sound. I used to believe there wasn't anything very audible. I was absolutely wrong. The cables I referred to made my system sound as if the the speakers were out of phase. ????? Bizarre. I have a 2 to 4 set up. I removed the speaker straps.

I apologize for not providing other brand of cable, but I am not able to see the brand easily (because of some customization I did to the cables). I created 9/4 cable. I couldn't find 10/4, so I purchased 12/4, doubled - and thereby created 9/4 (indirectly). Challenging, but I got it work out -

Thank you in advance for your explanation.

I don't purchase exotic cables, so I'm thinking there's something unusual/odd about the Belden Cable.

Thanks again.

Take care,

Kirklin
(from Alaska) -

Ryan Laposky

Ryan Laposky

Junior Audioholic
Do you have any subwoofers for sale? Looking for something to fill my 9.5 x 12 x 7.5 ceiling space. Looking to spend under $500. If not, not worries, just thought I'd check. Thanks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Do you have any subwoofers for sale? Looking for something to fill my 9.5 x 12 x 7.5 ceiling space. Looking to spend under $500. If not, not worries, just thought I'd check. Thanks.
Only if it was a local sale otherwise shipping probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis