Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Oh, and its the NHL draft this afternoon. Having some people over for a draft party. I'd tell you that all 7 rounds will be televised, probably around 7 or 8 hours worth, but I doubt you'd believe me. Surely no country could be THAT hockey obsessed :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, and its the NHL draft this afternoon. Having some people over for a draft party. I'd tell you that all 7 rounds will be televised, probably around 7 or 8 hours worth, but I doubt you'd believe me. Surely no country could be THAT hockey obsessed :p
So, who's going to go first?

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
So, who's going to go first?
If Colorado keeps it Mackinnon. If they trade all bets are off. I think it'd be stupid for anyone to take Jones #1 though. Gotta go for one of the forwards. Too much history of highly rated dmen being busts. Jones should probably go around 4th and I'm fine with Mackinnon or Drouin going first, Barkov should go 3, IMO. Who knows what will actually happen though. That's why we watch/drink!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Granted, I don't want to read an article about a man ripping off part of his junk, but come on...anything is better than talking about hockey. :eek: :p

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I think Go-NAD was talking about your guests. :D

I couldn't stand to watch an hour of the NBA draft back whne I was still watching sports.
The NHL draft is always a good time. Awkward teenagers, lots of trades, the Flames doing something stupid, what's not to like?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
On Friday, somehow, I accepted an update on my computer from Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 ..... very very big mistake
After update display went black, no way to resolve display issues due to new drivers that are simply incompatible with H/W on my computer, wifi also shut off and well.......
Also tried Ubunti 13.04 some month ago, this being extremely unstable, somehow some of the wireless networks are not found, sometimes it's ok.... seemingly lots of other's have the same issues with 13.04 and decided to go back to 12.04, and again lots of issues with display suddenly going off and sometimes unable to shutdown computer.....

So now for the second time in a few months I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 on my PC (Dell XPS 1645) and it seems like all works, also decided to install cinnamon desktop as the Unity 12.04 desktop is just crap....

So be careful with these Ubuntu updates guys.....

After many years of running linux I'm probably going away, this is just getting too messy.....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
On Friday, somehow, I accepted an update on my computer from Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 ..... very very big mistake
After update display went black, no way to resolve display issues due to new drivers that are simply incompatible with H/W on my computer, wifi also shut off and well.......
Also tried Ubunti 13.04 some month ago, this being extremely unstable, somehow some of the wireless networks are not found, sometimes it's ok.... seemingly lots of other's have the same issues with 13.04 and decided to go back to 12.04, and again lots of issues with display suddenly going off and sometimes unable to shutdown computer.....

So now for the second time in a few months I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 on my PC (Dell XPS 1645) and it seems like all works, also decided to install cinnamon desktop as the Unity 12.04 desktop is just crap....

So be careful with these Ubuntu updates guys.....

After many years of running linux I'm probably going away, this is just getting too messy.....
A friend of my Dad put Ubuntu on one of his old computers awhile back and gave him very specific instructions to never ever install any updates. You've just confirmed what horriblness awaited an upgrade and made my glad we got him a new computer :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis