Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
For all those who don't like hockey: You should have watched the Oilers/Kings game tonight, Holy crap! Most exciting 10 minutes of my life that I can remember in a long time!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Decided to call in sick today.:( Hot/Cold flashes, hacking up lung butter & fur balls, headache, etc - you get the picture. Might watch a movie, but it'll probably exacerbate the headache. Only one way to find out....

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Since when is mikec not a mod anymore?
Don't ever be a Mod has a home theater forum. They pay is low and the pain is high. I've been there and done that. Even got to be part of a lawsuit threat from a popular electronics store. And there was also the death threat from a person who actually has a violent criminal record. Some people take this stuff very seriously. Green tint in a terminator blue ray can mean the death of you.

I'm thinking the ShadyJ incident was the last straw for Mike he just couldn't take the insanity anymore.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm thinking the ShadyJ incident was the last straw for Mike he just couldn't take the insanity anymore.
Well I'm going to need more info than that :D I know they've had disagreements, but that's a regular occurrence on these boards.

Of course, I'd agree with you; I wouldn't want to be mod. Babysitting adults isn't any fun.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well I'm going to need more info than that :D I know they've had disagreements, but that's a regular occurrence on these boards.

Of course, I'd agree with you; I wouldn't want to be mod. Babysitting adults isn't any fun.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/subwoofers/83939-used-hsu-vtf3-mk3-new-svs-pb1000-2.html

ShadyJ basically spouts of nonsense about tests he doesn't really understand. He insists that 2 ground plane measurements using the same setup aren't comparable because different testers did them. He uses a sermon to argue the point too which I know doesn't help Mike keep his cool.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
ShadyJ basically spouts of nonsense about tests he doesn't really understand. He insists that 2 ground plane measurements using the same setup aren't comparable because different testers did them. He uses a sermon to argue the point too which I know doesn't help Mike keep his cool.
Yeah, I noticed that, but it's not exactly the first time they've had that discussion. I've seen it pop up at least once or twice before (and been involved myself :D). Usually things just end up with shadyj having a bunch of red chiclets for a while and all is well with the universe.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's a song by Soft Cell isn't it? ;)
Wow - now there's a reference for us old folks. :D I haven't heard that song in a long time - me thinks that I'll have to go look it up. :)

Btw, turns out that Twisted Love is a song...and not a bad one if you like trance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just used Windows Update to install a new driver for my Intel HD Graphics - and the performance score dropped from 5.1 to 4.7. Awesome. I'm downloading an older driver now...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis