Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Gah. Just did yoga with my gf.. I knew there was a reason I avoided it all these years :p

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
What a boreing day waiting for my packages :mad:
hate waiting.....
Hopefully it fixes my problem,
the heat is killing the audio gear

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Glad that the marital issues worked themselves out...at least for one of you guys here. :)

Alright, I'm going to be petty for a second. A buddy at work has been talking about something that he wanted to get, but it cost too much. He and his wife recently had a baby, and I was thinking about what to get them, so yesterday I gave him an envelope with cash to pay for what he wanted. I told him to open the envelope later, so he didn't know what it was. Well, this morning, he's telling everyone about the cool new thing that he bought last night (the thing he wouldn't buy until I gave him the money)...and now here's the petty part...he never said thank you. He never even mentioned it at all today. I'll admit - it took some of the joy out of giving him the gift. I don't need or want accolades, but maybe some acknowledgement that you got something. Just sayin'.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Glad that the marital issues worked themselves out...at least for one of you guys here. :)

Alright, I'm going to be petty for a second. A buddy at work has been talking about something that he wanted to get, but it cost too much. He and his wife recently had a baby, and I was thinking about what to get them, so yesterday I gave him an envelope with cash to pay for what he wanted. I told him to open the envelope later, so he didn't know what it was. Well, this morning, he's telling everyone about the cool new thing that he bought last night (the thing he wouldn't buy until I gave him the money)...and now here's the petty part...he never said thank you. He never even mentioned it at all today. I'll admit - it took some of the joy out of giving him the gift. I don't need or want accolades, but maybe some acknowledgement that you got something. Just sayin'.
Well...if you want to give me money, I'll at least say thank you :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Happy news Connor got his cast off today :) he dosnt no what to do with himself verey excited to crawl again makes my life hard forever chaseing him around picking up toys and tv remotes

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Perhaps in his excitement it totally slipped his mind? Or perhaps he mistook your open it later comment as a "no thanks needed" gesture? Anything to avoid the what a d!ck conclusion :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
It's hard to keep up with him when he does his superman crawl to get away from us
Just wait till he runs :D Fortunately, I keep myself in some semblance of shape to keep up with him (well...except for the last month or two :D)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Just wait till he runs :D Fortunately, I keep myself in some semblance of shape to keep up with him (well...except for the last month or two :D)
Dreading the running he can walk but falls down when he trys to Run, id like him never to run :D I'm pretty fit I go to the gym every 2 days, but that little man has some crawling speed he was out side with us, and then he was gone he followed the dog and got stuck in the dog door

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That actually sounds really good! :D:confused: The salt thing is a tough one. If that recipe didn't cut it, and some semblance of convenience was necessary, the only things that come to mind take a very different direction. How are you guys with spices? As in, cayenne/pepper flakes combo, or perhaps chopped jalapeno? Either would add a little color too I imagine, besides dramatically changing how it tastes.

The way I typically cook garlic in a bigger dish is minced near the end of the "mirepoix" (which I pretty much never remove in my limited rep, unlike with many other recipes) constantly stirring, or instead sometimes as whole or almost whole cloves right at the beginning, in oil on a cast iron skillet. Either way, I go by smell to know when I think it's ready for the next step. I'm just saying that because I wonder what your process is, not that I would know a damn thing about how to improve it.

Anyway, the other out of left field idea was turkey chili! :D I really like this title, and it seems to be extremely well reviewed.
Ground Turkey Chili For People Who Hate Ground Turkey Recipe - Food.com - 79308

Yeah you'll have to think in advance to soak beans, but at least that's only opening a bag and dumping the contents. I would give you a tip on a super fast soak, but it can result in great saltiness, so I withhold. Healthy, economical, good fiber. :) Just take it really easy if at all with the sour cream and cheese.
I'm fine with spices, but I have to go lightly with them, because the wife and daughter don't like anything too spicy.:rolleyes: That said, I might be able to add a bit of chili powder.

I had to Google "mirepoix". I normally sauté veggies in that manner, but I had no idea that it had a name. This recipe called for sautéing (sp?) the onions and apples only. Maybe next time I'll add the garlic at this stage as well. Have to be careful with the garlic, as it's so easy to overcook it.

I love chili! Trouble is, the girls won't eat peas/beans.:rolleyes: They drive me nuts sometimes. That's a massive group of meals that I can't make, because it'd be just me eating them, not to mention the missed health benefits.:mad:

Thanks for the tips though.:)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps in his excitement it totally slipped his mind? Or perhaps he mistook your open it later comment as a "no thanks needed" gesture? Anything to avoid the what a d!ck conclusion :D
I was thinking the same thing. Adam, perhaps you could subtly ask how he's enjoying the "thing" he wanted. Perhaps the penny will drop and he will express some gratitude. Or not....

majorloser

majorloser

Maybe the guy was just excited and didn't want everybody to know you're the one who gave him the money to buy that inflatable doll.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, guys. He's a good guy, and I don't think that he was being a jerk. I just wanted to get that off my chest, and I figured saying it here (where he'll never see it) is much better than accidentally saying something to him. After all, I don't want a gift to turn into something uncomfortable. Well, unless it's friction burn.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Thanks, guys. He's a good guy, and I don't think that he was being a jerk. I just wanted to get that off my chest, and I figured saying it here (where he'll never see it) is much better than accidentally saying something to him. After all, I don't want a gift to turn into something uncomfortable. Well, unless it's friction burn.
OH Adam you bad boy, why didn't you buy him lube aswell?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis