Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be heading to the store today to get some more rice for my new cooker. I'm thinking a wild rice blend.

Me thinks that I'll also try cooking steel cut oatmeal in it. My brother has done that and loved it, and I've got plenty of that stuff that I bought a while ago - sure, it was best by November 2009...but I'll see if it's still any good.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Steel cut oatmeal going in the cooker now.

These oats are in a metal can with the top metal lid closed tight. So, I was a little surprised and daunted when I opened it up to discover a coating of spider web on top of the oatmeal and a dead insect trapped inside - a flying insect far larger than could have crawled through a sealed opening, mind you, but one that apparently lived long enough to grow to that size before being trapped.

Daunted, yes, but my momma didn't raise no quitter.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

These oats are in a metal can with the top metal lid closed tight. So, I was a little surprised and daunted when I opened it up to discover a coating of spider web on top of the oatmeal and a dead insect trapped inside - a flying insect far larger than could have crawled through a sealed opening, mind you, but one that apparently lived long enough to grow to that size before being trapped.

If our ancestors threw out every bit of food with bugs in it, the human race would've all starved long ago.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General

You're a braver man than I, Adam :) on the bright side, maybe you'll get super powers?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just finished a BLT for lunch - heavy on the "B". :) Should work that off tomorrow though. We're expecting 30cm of snow tonight.:rolleyes:

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Just finished a BLT for lunch - heavy on the "B". :) Should work that off tomorrow though. We're expecting 30cm of snow tonight.:rolleyes:
Eff. It's actually been pretty nice in Edmonton the past couple days. high of -4 today :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's still staggering to me just how much volume of food you get from 1/3 cup of dry oatmeal (and, well, bugs). I know, I know...it's the water. Still...

Turned out good. A lot easier than having to watch and stir it in a pot over a period of about 30 minutes, too. I can see myself eating oatmeal again. I like it, but I'd never take that much time to make it on a work day - and only rarely on a non-work day.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
WHAT KIND OF INTERNET MAGIC IS THIS?!?! Upside down fonts are cool :)
I almost spat my coffee all over my computer monitor when I read this. I don't know why but it just tickled me :D

In hindsight that was probably a poor choice of description :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Don't burn it nothing worse then burnt rice
That's the beauty of the rice cooker. :)

However, the forbidden rice has stained the aluminum lid. :( Dang, and I just got it. However, I think that I'll be able to get it clean...just not from the normal quick washing.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
That's the beauty of the rice cooker. :)

However, the forbidden rice has stained the aluminum lid. :( Dang, and I just got it. However, I think that I'll be able to get it clean...just not from the normal quick washing.
:0 you broke it allready it's not even a week old

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis