GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
assuming... Batman Begins is decently fresh on your mind.... gets
/10 from me.
This was just an amazing movie - possibly the best in the series. The trilogy as a whole may have cemented itself as The Greatest Movie Trilogy of All Time. For the first time in a long while, I wanted to stand up and applaud the film. i did not think it could possibly even match up to #2 but it did it. The plot twist hit me hard and the inception cast did an amazing job. That was one of the most intense films i have or may ever watch.

...just go watch it.

Last edited:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I really liked it. I still didn't walk out thinking it was as good as Batman Begins or the Dark Knight, but not many movies are. 8.5/10.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really liked it. I still didn't walk out thinking it was as good as Batman Begins or the Dark Knight, but not many movies are. 8.5/10.
I thought it was as good as "Begins", which is high praise, but not The Dark Knight. Anne Hathaway was decent enough as Catwoman, and Bane was effective in a professional wrestler sort of way, but neither, either separately or together, rose to the level of Heath Ledger as the Joker. As counterparts to Batman, they were good enough but not transcendent like The Joker, one of the top 5 (IMO) villains ever in movies. That edge of psychopathic mania and nihilistic glee was just not there.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i agree that TDKR wasn't as good as TDK but would gladly watch TDKR again and again as opposed to TDK which is draining to watch.

B

BM1

Audioholic Intern
It was a pretty good flick. I'll pick it up on Blu-ray just to complete the trilogy since I own the other two. I predict it'll have a pretty serious LFE channel. I saw it at a local IMAX and their subs were working overtime for this one.

I hope they do this one in DTS-HD Master Audio instead of Dolby True-HD.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe I need to watch Dark Knight again as I pretty much hated that movie when I saw it. But I saw it twice, once with friends and once with the wife, and I didn't like it either time. I'll probably rent this one when it comes out just to finish the series. But I could care less.

I just don't get what I'm missing about that movie.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think people fixated on the Joker performance, which I did enjoy too, but I felt TDK was a bit too long and slow at times. Overall, I still really liked it.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I think one of the main "problems" with TDK was that it was not a "fun" movie like "The Avengers"*. It's dark, VERY dark, and deals with subject matter that scares the bejeezus out of us because it's so close to reality, and Heath Ledger so perfectly personified that chaos that lies beneath the surface of this society.

* Don't get me wrong. Both are great movies, just totally different in intent and tone.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think one of the main "problems" with TDK was that it was not a "fun" movie like "The Avengers"*. It's dark, VERY dark, and deals with subject matter that scares the bejeezus out of us because it's so close to reality, and Heath Ledger so perfectly personified that chaos that lies beneath the surface of this society.
That was the whole idea. That's where the comics went, and Nolan wanted to get some of that in the movie.

Nemo128

Nemo128

I gotta say, best trilogy to me. TDKR wasn't as good as TDK, but not that far off overall. It really was the Joker that made it the most epic of stories, while TDKR had the pacing and the action.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
assuming... Batman Begins is decently fresh on your mind.... gets
/10 from me.
This was just an amazing movie - possibly the best in the series. The trilogy as a whole may have cemented itself as The Greatest Movie Trilogy of All Time. For the first time in a long while, I wanted to stand up and applaud the film. i did not think it could possibly even match up to #2 but it did it. The plot twist hit me hard and the inception cast did an amazing job. That was one of the most intense films i have or may ever watch.

...just go watch it.
Well, we saw it this morning and agree with you, except for standing up.;):D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have to say that I ended up liking Bane about as much as the joker. They were two completely different characters which makes me feel comfortable saying that.

One thing I loved about Bane was how calculating, efficient, and ruthless he was. I found myself secretly rooting for him :D

B

bowtieman81

Enthusiast
Finally saw this with the wife this weekend. While a good movie and worthy of the series I personally liked the second film the best. Not sure I could say exacly why though.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Finally saw this with the wife this weekend. While a good movie and worthy of the series I personally liked the second film the best. Not sure I could say exacly why though.
I think it really depends on the supporting cast and villian preference. For me, the Joker is just untouchable as top villian. But Catwoman performance made me fall in love with Anne Hathaway.

Overall I felt the pacing of TDKR was better than TDK but TDK had a better story. The supporting cast (cast other than Batman), it's almost a toss up. I liked Catwoman more than Two Face. I liked Miranda Tate more than Rachael Dawes. I liked Joker more than Bane, but not by a huge margin.

You also get to see the flaws of characters rather than their goodness. They all carried baggage in TDKR, which was refreshing. No one was above the messy fallout of TDK.

Hathaway made Catwoman drool-worthy outside of the comics, which I don't think was ever the case. :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Probably because it was nothing short of perfect :p

T

tistru

Enthusiast
I thought they did a great job with Bane. My fiancée thought his voice was frightening! Sometimes I mimic the voice and she gets freaked out. The only thing that takes away from the movie to me is that for it to be nearly 3 hours, there is precious little of Batman in it. I mean literally, if you add up the screen time of Batman (not Bruce Wayne), it will probably be less than 30 mins out of the nearly 170min runtime (just estimating). When Batman was on-screen, there just wasn't a lot there to differentiate him from the earlier movies (same look, no new gadgets besides the "Bat"). As a drama, the movie was excellent. But as a "superhero flick" it seemed to be lacking compared to others like the Spiderman trilogy, X-man trilogy etc.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would tend to agree with what many of my friends said about this one - very good, but not as good as TDK. I enjoyed it as much as the first one though, but I do feel it was more drama/story than action. That did not bother me at all. Sound was awesome and PQ was solid on the BD. We started it late, knowing it was almost 3hrs, and ended up watching the whole thing.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I've really been wanting to watch this again so I caved and bought the trilogy. I already had the first two films, but I didn't feel like paying $18 for one when I could get all three for $28 :D I was going to wait for a nice deluxe set or whatever but I can always buy it again whenever that happens.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis