Top 5 A/V Receivers in the World!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ridikas

Banned
Criteria: Must be 7 channels, or more. Must be either THX Select 2, or Ultra 2 certified. Must have room correction via MultEQ XT, or XT32. Must have pre outs. Must be 3D compatible. Must have a discrete output stage. And must have some sort of "Pure Audio," or "Direct" feature.

1.) Denon AVR-5308CI(A)
2.) Onkyo TX-NR5010
3.) Onkyo TX-NR3010
4.) Onkyo TX-NR1010
5.) Onkyo TX-NR818

What say you? :)

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Are you trying to get people on this site to not like you?

R

ridikas

Banned
Well what else would you suggest? These are the only THX certified receivers on the market currently:

Onkyo TX-NR818
Onkyo TX-NR5010
Onkyo TX-NR3010
Onkyo TX-NR1010
Onkyo TX-NR717
Onkyo TX-NR616
Denon AVR-5308CI(A)
Pioneer SC-1522
Pioneer SC-65
Pioneer SC-67
Pioneer SC-68
Integra DTR-30.4
Integra DTR-40.4
Integra DTR-50.4
Integra DTR-70.4

The single Denon is outrageously priced. The Integra receivers are more expensive Onkyo clones. That only leaves Pioneer... Do you think the similarly priced Pioneer receivers are better?

R

ridikas

Banned
And furthermore... I've just noticed that ALL Pioneer receivers use class D amplifiers. This only means poor audio quality. Class D is OK for subwoofers. And none of the receivers have even the basic Audyssey room EQ.

So let's recap: Interga is identical to Onkyo, but for more money. So it's out. Pioneer uses class D amplification and has no Audyssey room EQ. Out as well. The single THX certified Denon is outrageously priced, so that's a no go.

Onkyo it is!

P.S. Onkyo receivers also have discrete output stages :)

Am I missing anything here?

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
He did - yesterday

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/899276-post11.html

Honestly, No one cares here about Top 5 or Top 10 anything

Just go to Gizmodo or Lifehacker and publish these all day long

There many products for different markets and solutions. Each person needs to find his own TOP product based on his A)Budget B)Requirements C) Needs D) Wants and E thru Z) many other terms

In fact I already ignored you, but If I could not to see your threads at all (however entertaining and pointless they might be) this would be really nice

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Top Car in the World

So this car has to have
-4 wheels
-All wheel drive from these 4
-Must be blue
-Must have sunroof
-Must be a Toyota
-Must be a Prius
-It must be a blue Prius with 4 wheels and a sunroof, and if a car does not meet these requirements, it is not able to be on this list, b/c after all, I made the list and I am best.

R

ridikas

Banned
Nonsense. All I have to do is list THX as a requirement and the list of the best THX receivers will still be the same.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Why THX

And why is THX the big requirement to you? Do you understand what THX is?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So many things to say, but I feel this is really just going absolutely nowhere.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
MANY receivers out there meet and/or exceed THX requirements, but aren't certified because it's expensive and just drives up the cost of the receivers. I used to own a Yamaha RX-V1600 which was THX certified, I know own a Yamaha RX-V1800, which isn't THX certified, and besides the lack of THX audio modes, the receiver sounds and performs the same to me. THX is more marketing hype than anything... I'm not saying a THX certification isn't good, it ensures you are getting a receiver that has enough power to drive speakers to a certain volume level for a given room size, but not having it isn't a big deal either.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The "best receiver" depends entirely on the user's needs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
THX doesn't add a lot of cost to the receiver, since they don't pay for it. They DO tend to have to spend more time designing to meet the specs though.

It has been pointed out hundreds of times before, but apparently the noob needs to hear it again: Do not use THX as part of your search criteria because you are uselessly limiting yourself for no good reason.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Criteria: Must be 7 channels, or more. Must be either THX Select 2, or Ultra 2 certified. Must have room correction via MultEQ XT, or XT32. Must have pre outs. Must be 3D compatible. Must have a discrete output stage. And must have some sort of "Pure Audio," or "Direct" feature.

1.) Denon AVR-5308CI(A)
2.) Onkyo TX-NR5010
3.) Onkyo TX-NR3010
4.) Onkyo TX-NR1010
5.) Onkyo TX-NR818

BTW what gear to you own? I don't see a Sig.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Back in my day trolling used to mean something. Boy how times have changed.

Our goals isn't the best receiver, but the best sound for the room based on the constraints.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Nonsense. All I have to do is list THX as a requirement and the list of the best THX receivers will still be the same.
All THX cert means is that you pay more for it than without it. Plenty of great products are better than the THX stds and dont have the cert.

R

ridikas

Banned
All else being equal, a receiver with THX algorithms sounds better for home theater than the one without.

Now of course a $4K non THX Denon will sound better than a $600 THX Onkyo, but what's the point?

THX unfairly gets a bad rap. Especially from fanboys who cant afford their certified equipment and have to justify their purchase to themselves somehow. THX is a very legitimate organisation, which enforces a certain quality standard. Yes, they make money. But it's a business like any other, nothing wrong with that :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The True 5 Best Recievers in the World

1.) Denon AVR-5308CI(A)
2.) Onkyo TX-NR5010
3.) Onkyo TX-NR3010
4.) Onkyo TX-NR1010
5.) Onkyo TX-NR818

What useluess posts from this kid. Anyway, I used the google and found the real list of the top 5 recievers in the world:
1) Mike Wallace
2) Victor Cruz
3) Andre Johnson
4) Larry Fitzgerald
5) Calvin Johnson

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com