Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I cut back on meat due to the lack of availability of humanely raised animal products in my area (or, at least my ability to find them). Hence, my mail ordering of this ham.
I think I've posted this before, but here's the website I use to find humanely raised animals in Indiana and Michigan. I also posted the direct list for Arizona farms. Nice excuse to go for a drive if nothing else. Mind the fires though.

Eat Wild

Eat Wild - Arizona

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It didn't occur to me that the ham would be frozen solid. Dumb a**. I got Niki all worked up, and then realized that there is no way that we're going to have any for lunch.

On the plus side, I actually got about 20 pounds of ham instead of 16! Plus, it arrived with four reusable (at least, they seem reusable) gel freezer packs - and a nice cube styrofoam container that I could use when I pick up cold stuff from the store. Sweet!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think I've posted this before, but here's the website I use to find humanely raised animals in Indiana and Michigan. I also posted the direct list for Arizona farms. Nice excuse to go for a drive if nothing else. Mind the fires though.

Eat Wild

Eat Wild - Arizona
Thanks, Barry. I appreciate the reminder! I had looked at that site before, and I had ordered some meat and eggs from a farm north of here. They were okay tasting, but they only deliver down here every month or so. Some of the places also only sell large portions of a cow, but I did just notice a place that sells individual cuts here in town on Saturday's. I'd just have to drive a bit to get to the farmers market where they are.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I too find myself often going hungry to the point of weakness due to my concern for the former well being of the animals I need to sustain my own life ... not. :D :p

So how much was the ham, if you don't mind me asking?

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Some of the places also only sell large portions of a cow, but I did just notice a place that sells individual cuts here in town on Saturday's.
Mmmmmm... large portions of a cow.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So how much was the ham, if you don't mind me asking?
You've got to start reading other threads. :D It was $200 delivered, which included overnight delivery because it's perishable and in the 90s here. So, about $10/lb, which is only $1/lb more than what I pay at the grocery store.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mmmmmm... large portions of a cow.
We have a place in town that you take your cattle to them and they will cut it up however you want :eek: And the also have meat available if you don't have your own livestock to bring in :) Just a few weeks ago I actually saw a MOBILE BUTCHER :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Adam, I think you need to hunt your own meat for now on. (go ahead Alex!:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis