Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Ignore that Craig. He's just teasing.

If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the scooter option. Honest. I mean it.

OK, no I don't mean it. :eek: But, I'm sure it would work for you. Scooters are chick magnets.:D
Yeah, if the scooter and the chicks are both north poles.:eek:

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
A scooter won't get me 28km to school in a reasonable amount of time.... And the cool factor matters no matter what...
I don't get why everyone (except avnetguy:)) is so against it. Like it doesn't have to be the worlds most practical and reliable vehicle... Im 16.. I can take the bus in the winter... Like it or not I know a ninja 250 is gonna be fun and that's important too. In a year and a half (if I'm lucky) when I'm done school I can get something more practical but for now I want something that can get me where I want to go (if the weather is good) and will also be fun. No s*** a car is more reliable than bike but for less than $25000 they aren't any fun. Im 16... Fun matters. I feel like I'm arguing with my parents here... Except my mom likes the idea as long as I get good grades. My dads a biker so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we had something in common for once.
I'm not against it or you. I did the same thing at your age. But I would suck as a virtual friend if I didn't point out the pitfalls.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I'm not against it or you. I did the same thing at your age. But I would suck as a virtual friend if I didn't point out the pitfalls.
The pitfalls are pretty obvious though. I've done my research you know... Also if I'm not mistaken an m1 licence will also let me drive a car under the same restrictions as a g1 so I could drive in the winter.... But my moms caravan is the farthest thing from cool.. R.I.P 300c
The only car I ever loved and made sure that car knew it :(
Please excuse me while I cry in the middle of class

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
A scooter won't get me 28km to school in a reasonable amount of time.... And the cool factor matters no matter what...
I don't get why everyone (except avnetguy:)) is so against it. Like it doesn't have to be the worlds most practical and reliable vehicle... Im 16.. I can take the bus in the winter... Like it or not I know a ninja 250 is gonna be fun and that's important too. In a year and a half (if I'm lucky) when I'm done school I can get something more practical but for now I want something that can get me where I want to go (if the weather is good) and will also be fun. No s*** a car is more reliable than bike but for less than $25000 they aren't any fun. Im 16... Fun matters. I feel like I'm arguing with my parents here... Except my mom likes the idea as long as I get good grades. My dads a biker so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we had something in common for once.
I was just pulling your chain, dude! That said, you never stated that the bus was an option for bad weather. In that case, go ahead and get the bike.:) But, man oh man - that insurance rate is a killer!:(

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I was just pulling your chain, dude! That said, you never stated that the bus was an option for bad weather. In that case, go ahead and get the bike.:) But, man oh man - that insurance rate is a killer!:(
No matter what insurance is gonna be bad. My dad pays $500 a year on his bike though and I have a plan that might save me some money on insurance.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The pitfalls are pretty obvious though. I've done my research you know... Also if I'm not mistaken an m1 licence will also let me drive a car under the same restrictions as a g1 so I could drive in the winter.... But my moms caravan is the farthest thing from cool.. R.I.P 300c
The only car I ever loved and made sure that car knew it :(
Please excuse me while I cry in the middle of class
Glad to see that you've researched. It still felt like my job to point them out though.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I'm thinking many here don't realize how level headed your bike request is, especially for someone your age. Normally I hear, "Oh, I so want to get a sportbike with a 100+ HP as my first ride" from your age group, even sometimes from people much older. The fact that you've chosen a 250 shows you've thought this out and not just jumping into the deep end. It's also great that you know someone with the same bike that you can ride with. :)

Steve

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Figures the boring thread would be taken over by Canadians and a guy from Jersey.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
It's still winter up here for most of us, what else do we have to do? :)

Steve
I guess that makes sense... Now I'm worried about wasting the spring. I'm gonna go do something outside. If I can find a place to plug my laptop in.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm mostly interested in a DIY CAR.. and not a kit. I think he could weld some kind of frame together in shop class and throw a motor in it. Or maybe get a bunch of stuff for free from the junk yard for a "class project".

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm mostly interested in a DIY CAR.. and not a kit. I think he could weld some kind of frame together in shop class and throw a motor in it. Or maybe get a bunch of stuff for free from the junk yard for a "class project".
I tossed this idea out, but the monkey said it was a bad idea. I know a guy who built his bike form the junkyard for like 50 bucks. It was several years ago and he was a genius for motors, but I was thinking the challenge could teach the dude some valuable skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis