Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Gratz. They still using the same test with DOS and stuff lol.
-Thanks-

It's not the same test. It only tests from Windows 2000 and forward and is broken into two tests, 220-701 and 220-702 (Essentials and Practical Application). It does test basic DOS commands, networking, basic troubleshooting and the like. I thought it was fairly simple. Some people have reported having to take one or both tests 3 or more times before passing it.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
...and you should be driving tomorrow morning.:eek::p
I'm not gonna be able to do it this time. I've only been back on my knees for a couple of weeks and can't swing the cost of a weekend away. Maybe if I had laid on my tummy for one of those weeks I would have more cash but then I wouldn't be able to sit for probably like a month. :rolleyes:

That's why they call it a JOB.:D
So the super on the site calls me over to look at something. I go to remove my knee pads before heading over. He says I might need them. He thought that was pretty funny. I say that I can always put them back on if he breaks out his elbow pads. He didn't think that was so funny.

The work thing is going well but they need to find some more work or I'm going to need to find some more work but this will go on for another week or two. I need the ching to travel and to buy audio gear ... while I travel.

Edit: Things to do

get knee brace
wash dishes
get pig tail for Walter's amp
get banana plugs for LR speakers
get long usb cord for printer

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not gonna be able to do it this time. I've only been back on my knees for a couple of weeks and can't swing the cost of a weekend away. Maybe if I had laid on my tummy for one of those weeks I would have more cash but then I wouldn't be able to sit for probably like a month. :rolleyes:
It's all good. I just had to bust your stones...(so I clubbed cheryls pocketbook!:D)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Not that it's in any way connected but GO-NAD! just might die if I
don't finish my first audio project ... you'r married to GO-NAD !!! :eek:

I know, I know ... you're both the husband. :D
I can assure you that I won't die over it - you aren't that lucky.;) You just need a little direction to address your audio ADHD.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's what he told you. But we all know who does the giving in this house.;)
Really? Who's the one with the NAD's? That's right - me. Now get back in that kitchen and quit pretending you know anything about audio!

;):D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So the super on the site calls me over to look at something. I go to remove my knee pads before heading over. He says I might need them. He thought that was pretty funny. I say that I can always put them back on if he breaks out his elbow pads. He didn't think that was so funny.
That's a good one! Gotta remember that...although I'll probably mess it up and get it backwards...:rolleyes::eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
With your mad soldering skills you could try your hand at making your own. :p

Seriously I really want to build my own sub amp, but my wife just might kill me if I start another project.

On a side note the Speaker Designer software is really coming along. I can't wait to use it to build something epic.
Actually, that sounds interesting. I can solder copper pipe like a pro - is it more difficult than that?:D

Seriously, I have a soldering iron and soldered some connectors to the wires for my DIY subs - that's the extent of my "electronics assembly" experience. I've been wanting an amp for my HT mains and building one for myself might be a fun project - if it isn't too complicated. I have a mechanical background, not electronics, so I really have no clue as to how difficult it miight be.

I might harp on Alex to finish his projects, but in reality, I'm no quicker than he is.:D He built those subs at a blistering pace, compared to the time it would take me.:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A quick barrage of boredom:
  • Trying unsuccessfully to get Niki to go for a walk.
  • Jag-off down the street considers 6:30am an appropriate time to fire up the power blower. I disagree. Hence, "jag-off." :)
  • Dish washer is running.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm curious to see what Apple releases this month. A Mac mini or Air might be a nice addition around here.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Updates for those of you who were in suspense:
  • Got Niki to go for a walk
  • I think the guy down the street was actually vacuuming out his car, just with a pretty loud vacuum
  • Dish washer recently finished

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the guy down the street was actually vacuuming out his car, just with a pretty loud vacuum
@ 6:30 AM ?!? :eek:

I went out for breakfast and am now going to take a nap.

GO-NAD! There is no such thing as DIY amps. It's like snipe hunting.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I had quicktime but it started barging in where I didn't use it before and I didn't like like that because I'm not familiar with it so I deleted it to show it who's boss. I think you should quit using it too. :D
Woed. Sometimes you just have to force software back into line. Sure, some people might argue that software doesn't actually think...but they clearly never saw that documentary, "Tron."

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm curious to see what Apple releases this month. A Mac mini or Air might be a nice addition around here.
Updated OS-X (aka Lion) and refreshed MacBook Air. on July 14 in stores

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are nice...I wonder if the fur is hot in the summer?
Alex? Doug? Your input would be appreciated.

;):D
Hot? My little feetsies get all sweaty but you'd never know because once Doug and I get through rubbing that baby oil all over each other the wetness of my little piggies helps to make that popping sound when they're being sucked on. :D :D :D

Somebody send an ambulance to Greg's before he chokes on his own puke. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis