Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I really think I should lay off the booze right now. It probably wouldn't be smart since they do give you the address of the other party in an accident report. Just saying.....:rolleyes:

Hope you're OK.
How do you feel today? Sometimes muscle strains and other injuries show up later.
That sucks, that was a new truck.
So was the other driver on the cell phone or texting at the time? Oh, it's Florida.....when was his 90th birthday?:)

majorloser

majorloser

Loser, is it totaled or are they gonna want you to fix it?
GEICO is going to repair it. Estimate is at $10K and guaranteed to rise after the doors are removed for inspection.

Has anybody here ever claimed diminished value from an accident?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
GEICO is going to repair it. Estimate is at $10K and guaranteed to rise after the doors are removed for inspection.

I'm glad you and your passenger are okay. Sorry about your truck. Accidents suck so bad.

I only found out about the diminished value thing after two major accidents. Fortunately, the values didn't end up being affected when I got rid of the two vehicles later because they weren't totaled and therefore the accidents didn't go on the titles and I was trading them, they were well repaired, etc. so I didn't bother disclosing it. My dad had a similar accident to yours in his Nissan Titan and it turned out similarly for him - sadly, the truck was never the same again for him but when he traded it, he didn't have to disclose the accident. He did anyway, but they said it changes nothing on their end (this is a very honest dealer however, not sure I would have told them). I think it would have been extremely tough to get much out of the devil Farm Bureau insurance company. I think you may have better luck with Geico. Good luck, sir.

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Glad you and your passenger are OK, Major. That really messed up that Isuzu.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Dave, look on the bright side.
Even like that your truck is worth more than my truck. :eek:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, both me and my passenger are okay. :)

Funny thing is we were headed to a meating across town. His company car was in our fleet maintenance for service and they gave us a crappy Chevy Blazer for a loaner. I agreed to drive so we could at least go comfortably. If my boss would have drove the loaner, that would have been me in the passenger seat and I probably wouldn't be here typing this. :(

The other guy was driving a small Isuzu SUV. He t-boned me right in the front passenger wheel. The front wheel and four wheel drive axle took the brunt of the force. It sheared off the suspension. I think the guy then panicked and floored the accelerator again, because he hit my truck a second time in the passenger door. The force was so much it pushed my truck sideways through three lanes of traffic. The dealer says the frame is bent.

But I have to be thankful that Dodge still builds a tough truck :cool:
Good that you didn't get a small car as loaner, this is really a big hit..... glad that you're ok, that's what matters....

There was a fatal accident around here that seemed to be less rough than this one, difference is that those people drove in a Citroen Berlingo which is not very solid at all.... and side hits like this is really scary and dangerous stuff.... very easy to get extremely serious head injuries this way.......

Does this car have side impact airbags at door windows (to protect shoulders and head)? this is a thing that really saves lives in impacts like this?

majorloser

majorloser

Yes, my truck has side impact air bags. But they didn't go off. According to what I read it has to be a REALLY big impact before they go off or a roll over.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, my truck has side impact air bags. But they didn't go off. According to what I read it has to be a REALLY big impact before they go off or a roll over.
This sounds very strange because the purpose of side impact airbags is to protect especially against head injuries and you don't need such a big impact from the side to get significant hit towards the head....

Then even more you're lucky !!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Good that you didn't get a small car as loaner, this is really a big hit..... glad that you're ok, that's what matters....

There was a fatal accident around here that seemed to be less rough than this one, difference is that those people drove in a Citroen Berlingo which is not very solid at all.... and side hits like this is really scary and dangerous stuff.... very easy to get extremely serious head injuries this way.......

Does this car have side impact airbags at door windows (to protect shoulders and head)? this is a thing that really saves lives in impacts like this?
With the way he drives I bet the guy would have missed a loaner. I nearly got hit by a guy on a scooter a couple days ago. That gas pedal saved me.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai

First, glad to hear you are ok. Although the damage looks bad, it seems like the truck design did it's job of protecting it's occupants.

I haven't ever claimed diminished value. I probably should have. Wrecks even repaired to a great degree tend to knock $2k off the price of used bimmers, which I often buy. Which sucks, because you did nothing wrong.

Keep us posted. I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

I only hope someone t-bones my A6 so I can go get an A4 avant. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I know this may come as a shock to most of you but I am going to leave Mantown.

I don't know when I am coming back.

Leave the light on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis