Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, they are interesting critters - when you're watching a nature show on TV! When they're making a racket in the middle of the night - not so much...

I guy I know has a cat, and a while back, the cat started to loose weight. He seemed to be eating ravenously, because they were filling his food dish continuously. So, they took him to the vet, who could find nothing wrong with him, other than being underfed. They discovered the problem a while later, when the guy went to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. As he was standing at the sink, an obviously well-fed racoon came through the cat door, waddled over to the cat's dish and proceeded to gorge himself on cat food.

Well, this guy is a recent immigrant from the UK and wasn't familiar with racoons and didn't know if this bugger was going to attack him or not. So, he climbed up on the countertop like a wee girl and screamed at it until the invader decided that the racket was too disturbing to eat and left the house.
As a toddler, I lived in a real rural area of New Brunswick and my dad rescued one from a leg hold trap. He managed to free it and bring it home and built an outdoor cage for the beast so that he could heel up. Whenever an adult came over to the cage, the racoon would fly against the cage and hiss and bear its teeth. But my sister and eye were able to pull candy from its mouth without a protest,scratch, or anything ill. It somehow understood we were kids and let us be. Well the beast heeled up and my dad noticed him missing. He managed to pull the chainlink fence free from the 2x4s that were held down my fencing staples. They are cute but very VERY strong.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I

In the rep bar of life, I might have 2 chicklets.
Nah, I'm pretty judgmental and in comparison to most other
people I'd say your easily rocking like 6 or 7 ... I'm rocking 2 ... red ones. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Like a complete animal I am drinking coffee at night because there is nobody to stop me. There's a 24 ounce Porter House under the broiler and a 9" cherry pie on top of the fridge. Being left unattended may be a little lonely but there is an upside. :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Like a complete animal I am drinking coffee at night because there is nobody to stop me. There's a 24 ounce Porter House under the broiler and a 9" cherry pie on top of the fridge. Being left unattended may be a little lonely but there is an upside. :)
Knowing you, I doubt there's upside for anyone but the monkey.:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I hope you asked Rick how to properly cook that badboy 24 ouncer. I think he is not going to be happy with you not cooking it with an open flame...:p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I got to ski last night!! The Nor-easter dropped almost 2 feet above 2000 feet so a friend and I got first tracks. Serious work going up and skiing down in the dark with no head lamp was challenging but hey it is not often I get to ski in October.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The girl comes back tomorrow. Somebody needs to clean the place up. It looks like a monkey went ape-sh!t in Mantown. It's a veritable disaster in there and I ain't gonna be doin' any laundry. She's been gone for a week and now she's gonna be pissed at me for another week.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I got to ski last night!! The Nor-easter dropped almost 2 feet above 2000 feet so a friend and I got first tracks. Serious work going up and skiing down in the dark with no head lamp was challenging but hey it is not often I get to ski in October.:D
If you can keep the snow above 2000 feet for the whole winter, I'd be perfectly happy.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The girl comes back tomorrow. Somebody needs to clean the place up. It looks like a monkey went ape-sh!t in Mantown. It's a veritable disaster in there and I ain't gonna be doin' any laundry. She's been gone for a week and now she's gonna be pissed at me for another week.
Go clean your room, Monkey. In fact, clean the whole house, make it spotless and have a candle-lit dinner on the table when she gets home. If that can't get you laid, nothing will.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Go clean your room, Monkey. In fact, clean the whole house, make it spotless and have a candle-lit dinner on the table when she gets home. If that can't get you laid, nothing will.
Rick will have to go home also...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Rick will have to go home also...
Yeah, Cheryl doesn't need to know about that. :rolleyes:

It just occurred to me that Cheryl more or less trusts me. That might sound like a normal circumstance but ... well ... I haven't always had Davemcc to advise me. Mantown is only a mess because I was playing with solder, talcum powder and heat shrink tubing. The thing I dread the most is stuffing my soldering stuff back in that little make up suitcase that I dragged out of a dumpster. It's one thing to be a dumpster diver but when you come out with make up cases? ... oh the shame. :eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, Cheryl doesn't need to know about that. :rolleyes:

It just occurred to me that Cheryl more or less trusts me. That might sound like a normal circumstance but ... well ... I haven't always had Davemcc to advise me. Mantown is only a mess because I was playing with solder, talcum powder and heat shrink tubing. The thing I dread the most is stuffing my soldering stuff back in that little make up suitcase that I dragged out of a dumpster. It's one thing to be a dumpster diver but when you come out with make up cases? ... oh the shame. :eek:
You know, there are some secrets in life that are ok to keep to yourself....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis