what reciever would you buy????

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, what has the XT32? ... and how much?
The monkey is back?

and it looks as though the dawg is back too.

Does this mean we've heard something from Adam?

Just what the hell is happening?

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Thanks for the advice guy's.:cool: I decided on the Marantz SR5004. It has audyssey with the dynamic volume and eq and pretty much everything else I really need. I got a great deal from Mark at A4L. It is only 90w per channel but I run all outboard amps anyway so that wasn't an issue for me. I get it on friday so I have a weekend to play with the new toy. I do have 30 days to change my mind so I will have to put it thru it's paces. Now if the hurricane doesn't blow my house away I will let you guys know what I think next week. Thanks again....;):)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the advice guy's.:cool: I decided on the Marantz SR5004. It has audyssey with the dynamic volume and eq and pretty much everything else I really need. I got a great deal from Mark at A4L. It is only 90w per channel but I run all outboard amps anyway so that wasn't an issue for me. I get it on friday so I have a weekend to play with the new toy. I do have 30 days to change my mind so I will have to put it thru it's paces. Now if the hurricane doesn't blow my house away I will let you guys know what I think next week. Thanks again....;):)
Hmrz. Did you see this poll that has been recently posted here a couple of times?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1199061

Also, that version of MultEQ is of a lower level. The sub/LFE filter rez is the same as the XT version (but not of XT32), but for the satellites, XT has up to 8x the rez of vanilla MultEQ. The XT32 will have 256x the rez of vanilla MultEQ.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's still a 59% chance that all will be well. I wouldn't worry about it. :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I now the Onkyo 3008 and 5008 will have the XT32 but there are issues with it but it's not clear at this moment if Onkyo or Audyssey is at fault for this.

www.digitalfernsehen.de/news/news_957059.html

Sorry it's in German you will need to translate it, couldn't post it already translated for some reason.

So my hope is that the Denon won't suffer from similar issues.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure out which reciever to buy now that I have the money so I wanted some input from you guy's. I am looking at these two. The Pioneer Elite sc-25..http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/ci.SC-25.Kuro?tab=A or the Marantz SR-6005...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http://us.marantz.com/Products/3236.asp&ei=vB55TM7OAYS8lQez-YDtCw&usg=AFQjCNFB5tXPQOaUEgTgFvHym61VwHWOuw I don't have 3d and really I am not to worried about it because I don't think it is going anywhere for some time. I have owned Pioneer for the last 4 years and was very happy but I often wondered what Audyssey could do for me in comparison to MCACC. So any optionions would be helpfull especially if anyone has experience with the 25. Thanks...:)
The Denon AVR-990 is being sold at less than normal price because the new model line is coming out. This is generally their most popular model and the new one is $500 less, but they took off a bunch of features that may, or may not matter to you. I have one and it's pretty loaded for the price. When I do a system, I like to be able to use the 12V triggers, which were deleted on the AVR-991. The 990 also has the 6.1 analog inputs, which I don't really care about but others do. Sonically, I'm happy with it and it's the first receiver I have bought since 1978. Since then, it's been separates or integrated amp/tuner combos.

The only bad thing I have heard about the Pioneers is that they're a lot more complicated to operate and set up than they need to be. Hopefully, they'll be in a better position for the long haul.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on the new AVR, I am sure you will get it dialed in just right and have an outstanding set-up, keep us posted and best wishes through this damn Hurricane watch, its a big one trying to head this way as well :eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68004

That has msrp of 2k though. Once their 3XXX series comes out, I'm guessing street price at half of that. Once Onkyo has them out, hopefully even less. We will see.
Onkyo already has one on the street. (Europe?)

SVS AS-EQ has the same resolution as the new MultEQ XT 32 on the low end, the enhanced resolution is on the speak end. (unless I am misunderstanding something)

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I now the Onkyo 3008 and 5008 will have the XT32 but there are issues with it but it's not clear at this moment if Onkyo or Audyssey is at fault for this.

www.digitalfernsehen.de/news/news_957059.html

Sorry it's in German you will need to translate it, couldn't post it already translated for some reason.

So my hope is that the Denon won't suffer from similar issues.
From Audessy: "It appears that a firmware bug is emerging as the culprit. We are investigating and will keep you posted on a solution in the form of a firmware update".

"Furthermore, it appears that this only affects the first batch of units and that it was corrected in the ones following. But, I don't have details on S/Ns yet. I will continue to keep everyone posted as I receive info".

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the update P-Dawg, So does this mean that the 4311 will not suffer from this when it's released in September?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I hope it means that...
I translated the page, and while there really isn't much detail, it ends with this:
Remained intact, however, the processors for processing data - perhaps this factor now appears to be the weakest link in the chain. We stay for you on this issue on the ball and waiting for an official opinion Onkyo.
Dawg, maybe my recent comment about processing power is in fact a big deal? :eek: I didn't really think about this so much until some time ago M code was talking about the variety/combination of processing DSP chips in our different receivers.

Otherwise, Audyssey gives the exact same codes to every manufacturer for any given tech they have. The two main variations (or screw ups) that I see with the implementation of this identical code by manufacturers are the following:

1. Some companies like Onkyo set speakers to full-range if Audyssey measures the F3 to be below 80hz. Of course, this has been explained so many times just at this forum alone.

2. Some companies have either more (three) available target curves (NAD). Other companies will have just the "flat" and "Audyssey/House" (with HF roll off), but a company like Denon has historically been more flexible with allowing to choose either no matter what the listening mode. Onkyo is less flexible with choices, historically at least, and I particularly remember stereo disallowing the flat curve (which disappointed some people; first pointed out to me by nibhaz, I think he had an 876).

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
what features are a "must have" and what features don't matter to you?

And i thought you decided yesterday the SR6005 was your new AVR??:D:D

Denon makes some very solid AVR's, and with this years models coming out now, you should be able to score some serious deals on last years models.
I did, then I didn't, then I did, then I, well you get the picture....:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dawg, maybe my recent comment about processing power is in fact a big deal? :eek: I didn't really think about this so much until some time ago M code was talking about the variety/combination of processing DSP chips in our different receivers.
I agree buddy, a CPU may be the only thing with true enough power for this yet I bet Denon figures it out.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Got the SR5004 today so a day early which is nice. I will get it up and running tommorow and let you guy's know what I think..... I Finally can watch movies again..... :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats T, looking forward to your impressions on the Marantz.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Got the SR5004 today so a day early which is nice. I will get it up and running tommorow and let you guy's know what I think..... I Finally can watch movies again..... :D
It's outdated. Sell it and get another one...:eek:;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis