Behringer B2030P/2031P $67-77

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I noticed the same thing today and when I bought them several months ago. B&H was pretty good about re-stocking in a reasonable amount of time; I hope it remains true.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Holy Cow! Moutee, if you happen to check up on the pricing, and see that they are back in stock, will you please PM?

Thanks!

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Holy Cow! Moutee, if you happen to check up on the pricing, and see that they are back in stock, will you please PM?

Thanks!
FYI you can also put your email address on that page and they'll let you know when they come in...but it also looks like they send on a first email in sort of basis.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
maybe this would be a good time for someone with extensive knowledge of speakers to A/B demo them :D

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
FYI you can also put your email address on that page and they'll let you know when they come in...but it also looks like they send on a first email in sort of basis.
Going this route gave me enough time to make my purchase.

maybe this would be a good time for someone with extensive knowledge of speakers to A/B demo them :D
Between the two Behringers?

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
There is supposed to be some basic/simple mods to these speakers that can make a significant improvement in their already well received capabilities. I can't remember what they were off the top of my head and I never got around to personally doing the mods...but I thought I would throw it out there for anybody who might buy these and are interested.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I checked with B&H today and they expect more of the B2030Ps in stock next week.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Price went back up today to $134.50/ $154.95 :(
That's still a good price for those of you who don't have to pay the worlds lowest price ever for every piece of audio gear in existence. Just sayin' ... :p :D

I would stick to the 2030P's based on my experience with them and what I have heard about how the 31's would compare. ;)

When I was buying these things over a year ago, they were out of stock.
I had to pre order.

Last edited:
sesshin

sesshin

Enthusiast
I would stick to the 2030P's based on my experience with them and what I have heard about how the 31's would compare. ;)
what have you heard? I'm trying to decide between the two pairs myself right now

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
what have you heard? I'm trying to decide between the two pairs myself right now
I heard the 2030P's were better. :D

... something about a smoother response across the midrange ... I think. :confused:

Mika75

Mika75

Audioholic
. something about a smoother response across the midrange ... I think.
Yea I'd say the difference has to do with the drivers freq. response, the smaller 2030P is more linear through the midrange.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Back in stock but same price...for kicks and giggles I asked a CSR if they had any idea of the price dropping again and received a canned answer re: only have current price info, etc.

Will be keeping my eyes open for these to drop, and especially looking out for a small amp to power them for pc use!

M

MrPirate2882

Junior Audioholic
Aw wow... they're back up to $130 & $150. :(

R

riker1384

Junior Audioholic
Here they're available for $75/pair: http://www.markertek.com/Audio-Equipment/Speakers/2-Way-Speakers/Behringer-USA/B2030P.xhtml

Shipping depends on where you live; it's $16 for me.

These and the Infinity Primus seem to be the standard cheap recommendations here. Of the two series, which is better? Anyone compared them? Anyone compared either to any PSB speakers?

I've been watching Craigslist for these. Right now I can't justify buying a bunch of different stuff to try, unless I can buy it used so I don't take a hit if I resell it. Unfortunately the 2031 versions seem to be much more popular. (Or maybe people sell them more because they're not as good!)

PS: They also have 2031P for $90+sh: http://www.markertek.com/Audio-Equipment/Speakers/Studio-Reference-Monitors/Behringer-USA/B2031P.xhtml?B2031P
and the 2030 actives for only $150+sh: http://www.markertek.com/Audio-Equipment/Speakers/Studio-Reference-Monitors/Behringer-USA/B2030A.xhtml?B2030A

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I managed to pickup two more pair from B&H (giving me 3 pair total) before the price went back up. I'm pretty sure from talking to them that it had been a price mistake but they honored it and I have my speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis