rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
very nice ... i'm guessing you are now a stockholder at Gik :)

how much to do my room?
Thanks, are you looking for a quote?
How about first class air to Manila and a weekend at the family palace ...:cool:;)

Rmk im curious how come did you replace your Fathoms?
Hi Frank,

The Fathoms would sound strained when playing certain content at the levels I wanted in my HT. They just could not keep up with my main speakers dynamics at the higher SPL levels.

The Danley's were the first subs that gave me clean and very tactile bass at the levels I wanted.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Don't forget JTR, he almost went with Captivators instead of the Submersives.

When those Submersives come in that's going to be a front wall of speakers all over again :D It'll be awesome
Yes, please don't forget JTR ...
Actually the Captivators are back on and I will be getting duals of those instead of the Submersives(don't ask:p).

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
I wonder how the Triple 12 compares to the Seaton Catalyst given that their basic designs are so similar.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Yes, please don't forget JTR ...
Actually the Captivators are back on and I will be getting duals of those instead of the Submersives(don't ask:p).
I'm not going to ask. I could see it now, you would have gotten the Sumersives and then you would have had to redo the whole system with Seaton products:D

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I'm not going to ask. I could see it now, you would have gotten the Sumersives and then you would have had to redo the whole system with Seaton products:D
The price of that "upgrade" is sufficient incentive to enjoy what I have;). The issue with the Captivators is/was the availability of a PR driver. Jeff was able to obtain a workable unit and he is "burning the midnight oil" integrating this PR into the design. He is trying to get two units built and out to me prior to my GTG on October 10th.

The Captivators band pass design is based upon collaboration between Jeff and Mark (think smaller non-powered Terraform) and I am looking forward to checking them out.:):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
In preparation for some new products arriving next week I was doing some setup on the system last night. I re-ran Audyssey and then did some post Audyssey EQ of the LFE channel (dual Danley TH-SPUDS) with my SMS-1. The in-room response has never looked or sounded better. Actually the entire front row looks this good while the back row while acceptable, is not nearly as flat.

I have a pair of JTR Captivators coming next week and I’m hoping that I don’t screw this up. :p

I also have a QSC DSP30 waiting in the wings as the LFE EQ and plan on using Audyssey again for everything else. I was going to skip the SMS-1 but it sure is nice having such an easy to use device that provides instant feedback. I have the LCR's crossed @60Hz and the transition @ xover is really good.

Here is the SMS-1 graph all speakers:

Here is just the subs:

Here is just the subs:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Hey man sorry I haven't checked in in a while, I busted my wrist.

Setup is looking trick as always!

Mines comin' along, should be posting pictures in a few weeks. :)

Which I could go to that g2g

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Hey man sorry I haven't checked in in a while, I busted my wrist.

Setup is looking trick as always!

Mines comin' along, should be posting pictures in a few weeks. :)

Which I could go to that g2g
Good to hear from you ... so your typing one handed but can you work?

I'll keep and eye out for those pics.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Good to hear from you ... so your typing one handed but can you work?

I'll keep and eye out for those pics.
Same! Yeah, I can work because I'm ambidextrous. The trouble has been my left hand gets really tired because I'm using it so much more, so anything I don't /have/ to do with it, I don't. Doctor estimates a few more weeks in the brace. :(

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I hosted a little AV Get Together this weekend and made a few changes to the system just prior. I added two JTR Captivator subs (12"driver, 18" passive radiator with a slot port) and I'm powering these with a Crest Audio CC4000. I still have the Danley TH-SPUDS under the second row riser so the bass is now plentiful ;).

Here are a couple of pics of the current room config.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Those Captivators look super impressive.

How heavy? Did you take out any drywall or molding on the way up?!:D;)

Are you crossing over the Danleys to the JTRs for the bottom end or having all four handle the sub 60Hz content?

So what's on the movies-to-watch list?!

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
I hosted a little AV Get Together this weekend and made a few changes to the system just prior. I added two JTR Captivator subs (12"driver, 18" passive radiator with a slot port) and I'm powering these with a Crest Audio CC4000. I still have the Danley TH-SPUDS under the second row riser so the bass is now plentiful ;).

If you let me borrow your house for a week to watch movies in, my 22 year old fiancee will do naughty things for you. :eek:

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic

Your room looks very nice rmk. You find know with those subs you have a stronger low end?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rob, what subs were you running before you bought the captivators? Thanks again for hosting on Saturday.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Those Captivators look super impressive.

How heavy? Did you take out any drywall or molding on the way up?!:D;)

Are you crossing over the Danleys to the JTRs for the bottom end or having all four handle the sub 60Hz content?

So what's on the movies-to-watch list?!
They are impressive and are only 100lbs. Right now all 4 are taking <60Hz for HT.

One of the guys brought these films to the G2G and they are AMAZING.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/red-cliff-2-blu-ray-hong-kong-version/1014460938-0-0-0-en/info.html
http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-good-the-bad-the-weird-blu-ray-limited-edition-korea-version/1020587678-0-0-0-en/info.html

Your room looks very nice rmk. You find know with those subs you have a stronger low end?
Thanks Frank, a little more industrial looking than your setup but it works for me;). And yes the low frequencies are well covered.:)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Rob, what subs were you running before you bought the captivators? Thanks again for hosting on Saturday.
The ones you were sitting on when you were sitting in the second row (Danley TH-SPUDS:))

I'm glad you could make it and Jarod seemed like a really nice kid, I'm glad you brough him along. Feel free to come over anytime and we can do some listening a more sane levels.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Thanks Frank, a little more industrial looking than your setup but it works for me;). And yes the low frequencies are well covered.:)
With people upgrading there Subs gives me the itch to do the same. Im assuming the subs do a much better job in low freq than what the Fathoms did?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
With people upgrading there Subs gives me the itch to do the same. Im assuming the subs do a much better job in low freq than what the Fathoms did?
I think you have a very nice system there Frank and the Fathoms are great subs. Any "upgrade" would have aesthetic tradeoffs primarily in the size of the subs. If you are willing to deal with bigger boxes you may get better low frequency performance.

I think your audio is very well matched and would think twice (or more) about changing it. Just my $.02 :).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis