Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I say a nice horror flick from Netflix and a couple of cold beers should round out this bout of upgraditis quite nicely. You ever see The Grudge? That'll make you **** your pants. :)
I do NOT need a horror flick. :D The commercials for The Grudge made me mess myself, in the way that Dave does when he sleeps like a baby.

I do want to get my outdoor antenna up on to my patio roof, though, so that I can watch Supernatural next season. That show has got some spooky episodes.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I do NOT need a horror flick. :D The commercials for The Grudge made me mess myself, in the way that Dave does when he sleeps like a baby.

I do want to get my outdoor antenna up on to my patio roof, though, so that I can watch Supernatural next season. That show has got some spooky episodes.
You really should quit talking/typing and get your new stuff set up, seriously!

I am glad you went with the Pioneer because it is what you wanted all along despite my pushing towards the Denon, and your strong considering of Denon. I will be afraid to switch brands just as you were when my time comes again.

I did a Pioneer Premier deck in my wife's car and I freaking hate it so I would be petrified to try the Pioneer Elite AVRs, even though I know that one has nothing to do with the other...

So did you buy the Oppo just so you could play the Brothers in Arms SACD? Will the Oppos play SACD and DVD-A over HDMI?

strube

strube

Mostly - but not entirely. Don't forget the Core DVD-A that you recommended! :)

Yes, sir. And the Elite will process it. All part of the plan.
Brilliant! I will probably buy that one when I graduate, but I will have to upgrade to the BD-83 to play it, or Core for that matter, in their full glory.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Adam! Congrats on the new equipments. I just noticed today as I have been out of the loop for a few days...I have been looking at the Elites too....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey Adam! Congrats on the new equipments. I just noticed today as I have been out of the loop for a few days...I have been looking at the Elites too....
Thanks! I'll certainly give my impressions between this and the 1015. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I do NOT need a horror flick.
Nobody needs a horror flick but this one is so incredibly creepy that it shouldn't be missed. That creepy little kid in the death make up creeping around in places he shouldn't be in ...

Gahead, give him a kiss. :eek: :D

Edit: Wow, I can't even look at that little focker. I bet he has teeth like a piranha. :D

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, I can't even look at that little focker. I bet he has teeth like a piranha. :D
Nice thing about having never seen the movie is that the image doesn't scare me at all. It just looks like a kid sitting under a table.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice thing about having never seen the movie is that the image doesn't scare me at all. It just looks like a kid sitting under a table.
Really? I must be a bigger pussy than I thought. (no offense :D) I mean, I don't watch House because they use to show something gross at least once an episode. I don't watch the news around here because they use to show cases of animal abuse every day ... I mean I can make myself watch it but why?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished making new 12v trigger cords for the Elite. Hopefully I got the polarity correct, if it even matters. I'll find out soon enough.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Really? I must be a bigger pussy than I thought. (no offense :D) I mean, I don't watch House because they use to show something gross at least once an episode. I don't watch the news around here because they use to show cases of animal abuse every day ... I mean I can make myself watch it but why?
I cannot watch any animal cruelty at all.It just totally PO's me to no end.......

strube

strube

I just finished making new 12v trigger cords for the Elite. Hopefully I got the polarity correct, if it even matters. I'll find out soon enough.
It doesn't matter if you got them the same at both ends, but if they are crossed you might be in trouble, and will probably cook something you didn't want to cook...

J

jamie2112

Banned
On the other hand those Grudge movies make me want to kill the little kid.Moew like a cat at me will ya...........BLAMMO left and right to the chin buddy.Please let me get locked in the kids closet.I will make sure no more Grudge movies happen.......:D:D:D:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It doesn't matter if you got them the same at both ends, but if they are crossed you might be in trouble, and will probably cook something you didn't want to cook...
I cut a regular cable that had mono minijacks on both ends. The Emo amps that I have use bare wire for the triggers, but the Elite uses minijacks. So, I don't know yet if I used the right bare wires from the cut cord to connect to the Emo connector.

strube

strube

I cut a regular cable that had mono minijacks on both ends. The Emo amps that I have use bare wire for the triggers, but the Elite uses minijacks. So, I don't know yet if I used the right bare wires from the cut cord to connect to the Emo connector.
Maybe it won't hurt anything if they are backwards. To be honest I have never used them, so I guess I just assumed one was 12V+ and one was ground, and that the electronics care which is which, but they might not.

Didn't you already have trigger wires set up from your old AVR?

EDIT: Actually, I am guessing it does matter. Do you have a multimeter handy? That would be the easiest way to check...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't you already have trigger wires set up from your old AVR?
Yep, but not to minijacks. They were run off of a transformer that was plugged into one of the switched power outlets on the back of my Pioneer.

EDIT: Actually, I am guessing it does matter. Do you have a multimeter handy? That would be the easiest way to check...
Thanks. I thought of that while I was walking the pooch, but I doubt that I'll be motivated enough to actually unpack the meter and check. I figure that I'll try one and see what happens. Yeah, I'm living on the edge.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
When you cut the mono wire the wire in the center will be the positive and the wire around the outside is the negative. At least that is what I am using and it has worked for a while.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis