lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Who's we? Have you got a mouse in your pocket? :D

Adam has 9 channels of amplification but only uses 5 (not counting the sub or the rec'r).
But he's thinking about getting more. :D
I gotta go to work.
Yeah I play with him and let him live in exchange for him ratting out his friends.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Adam, I here ya with being accustom to the way the MCACC sounds with your speakers. If it becomes the point of contention you can always make notes on a couple of the levels and filters and apply them to Audessey. I like MCACC but the bass mangement is a bit shy (not that can't be overcome ) and since I've been using REW it is kinda moot for me. If you use advanced mcacc to tweak you might even find improvements. I'm also thinking with your display that video processing shouldn't be a major concern. You know the drill on avrs as good as any of us, so go with that gut (no comments please Alex:p).

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
MCAAC has barely any BM at all, I think only some phase stuff. It does nothing otherwise for the LFE, AFAIK, and nothing below 63 hz.

As always, YMMV. On one hand, people think RC's best benefit comes in the bass, and that higher freq's should sometimes be left alone, whether due to Schroeder transition freq, or otherwise. Then some folks hate how AS subjectively kills the bass, and I think of mike. The crux of the matter is that it's not tweakable.

FilmMixer seems to rotate one desirable flagship for another, and I'm pretty sure he also quite preferred MCAAC. I asked him some more q's about it, but he never replied.

Anyhoo, there is a big difference in the resolution between mult eq and the XT version. Then some companies offer more target curves than others, well I guess that would be NAD. Otherwise, you get two, the Audyssey stock curve and the flat curve. I'm led to believe by the very informative nibhaz that the Denon's have easier implementation/selection of these curves between different listening modes, so to speak.

The XT version applies hundreds of filters. The higher end Denons are also pro AS capable, and I'm pretty sure at least the 5308 is.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
The 4310 at Electronics Expo is $1449 with the RECEIVERSALE coupon now.

strube

strube

The coming 4810 is as well. I'm beginning to think Christmas will be a little expensive this year!:D:p
Yeah I am waiting impatiently for them to officially announce that thing at CEDIA because I am thinking that if my dad ends up buying my 3808 from me instead of the 4310 that I will be finding the funds after my job starts to get the 4810. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you all for your input on receivers. I haven't been on for a few days, so I just saw them.

I have some news. ;)

strube

strube

Thank you all for your input on receivers. I haven't been on for a few days, so I just saw them.

I have some news. ;)
Bah! You can't just say "I have some news" like your pregnant and waiting to tell your mom before you tell anyone else, while still wanting to lead everyone on and make them live in mystery. That's just cruel! ;)

Welcome back. I can say that I understand having to take a break - I am sure it is a good idea if you're exhausted enough to almost pass out. It is okay if Lord Sauron passes you in post count by Monday. It's not the post count that counts...or something. :D

I've got news too: my dad is officially buying my 3808 from me once the theater in his new house is complete around the late October region, so now I am saving up to buy the 4810 when it comes out in the late October region. Actually, I will be saving up to pay for my one credit in the fall, then I will graduate, go start getting paid to do interesting enginerding things, and then buy the 4810. I will also get to put his JVC DLA-RS2 that he got from some crazy AVS B-stock sale in my theater when it arrives on Wednesday until his is complete, which is to say - score.

EDIT: Actually by "saving up" I mean spending as little of the money I already have as possible...

EDIT 2: I didn't really edit, it just looks like I did at first glance.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Bah! You can't just say "I have some news" like your pregnant and waiting to tell your mom before you tell anyone else, while still wanting to lead everyone on and make them live in mystery. That's just cruel! ;)
I was waiting until I had some good pictures of my extended belly, but you already guessed it...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Let me try to get some snapshots of my $1115 Brothers in Arms SACD.

I probably could have gotten it for less, but it was delivered in one day.

strube

strube

I'm trusting you, my man. I just spent a bit over $1115 to experience that.
What did you spend $1115 on? I must know. I know the Brothers In Arms SACD is around $30, so it wasn't that. You have Amazon Prime so it would have been around $33 for you. I am on to your little scheme...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So... what receiver did you buy with the Brothers In Arms SACD? I hope they threw it in for free.
I don't think that it's a receiver. I hope it isn't. I'm supposed to be receiving a "package" from Russia tomorrow as part of a combo deal on the SACD. The listed weight is around 110 pounds, so I have high hopes. ;) :D

strube

strube

I don't think that it's a receiver. I hope it isn't. I'm supposed to be receiving a "package" from Russia tomorrow as part of a combo deal on the SACD. The listed weight is around 110 pounds, so I have high hopes. ;) :D
You mail-ordered a fat Russian baby? Don't you know those things are super-expensive to feed?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You mail-ordered a fat Russian baby? Don't you know those things are super-expensive to feed?
Man, I hope that isn't the case. The description stated that the "item" was aged between 18 and 30. I had assumed that meant years.

strube

strube

Man, I hope that isn't the case. The description stated that the "item" was aged between 18 and 30. I had assumed that meant years.
No, no. You see, they say it is a mail-order bride, but when you get it - bam! an 18-30 month-old fat Russian baby. Then you will open the crate and say something to the effect of...

"What the hell am I supposed to do with a fat Russian baby? This isn't what I ordered!"

Of course, you will call the customer care hotline, where you will be on hold for two hours. When you finally get routed to the Bangladesh Call Center, you won't be able to understand the CSR because of his thick accent, and request to be transferred to someone you can understand. You will then wait on hold for two more hours and finally you will be connected to Nadia, the tier 2 CSR. Unfortunately, she will tell you that you should have read the fine print, where it clearly states that your mail-order Russian bride can be substituted by a fat Russian baby at the discretion of the company, and that there are no refunds or returns on any items. This will probably be followed by you stating to the friendly CSR Nadia, who, by the way, has a lovely Russian accent, something to the effect of:

"What the hell am I supposed to do with a fat Russian baby?"

At which point she will reply: "I am sorry sir. there is nothing I can do about that. Is there anything else I can help you with? We have a special going on this week only for mail-order Siberian Tigers, however, as you may know, we reserve the right to replace it with an albino midget cat of some other variety."

At this point you will likely hang up and go to Amazon to search for the best food that you can buy in bulk that will suit a fat Russian baby. Unfortunately, you will probably find that you are going to be unable to keep the fat Russian baby happy with anything at Amazon, and realize that you don't have the heart to sell him to someone else. You will accept that you are just going to have to quit your job, go on welfare, and take the fat Russian baby to McDonald's five times a day and buy him 11 Big Macs with fries for each meal, else he will be quite upset.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis