Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Bob, you should probably just relax dude... You wont get little red chicklets I'd imagine if your posts were contributive and not just silly rants that nobody understands. If you're that hung up on reputation and what not, just move on. Its the freakin INTERNET and it doesnt matter. (Unless youre a white dog...its all he's got.)

We like to have a good time in this thread and its just for fun... NOBODY wants to read your negativity. I've never ignored anybody but I'm close. I don't care about your sentimental BS, not in this thread. We're all buddies here and I wont exclude you from that provided you participate in this thread just like everybody else. Its pretty carefree for the most part and I think most would like to keep it that way.

Now, if you'll excuse me, its peanut butter jelly time..

That was just a joke buddy. ;) And you felt for it again. :p

By the way Adam, ever watch the movie "Mouse Hunt"?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The first week of the tour de France. My Dad is an avid cyclist and has txted me everyday. Don't get me wrong I like to ride and still do Mt Bike here in flat Florida (yes there are plenty of courses that are nice) but he has went over for the last 4 years to watch

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Why would you read it...I thought we were into home theater here???:confused::)
It's comments like this that make it glaringly obvious that you at one time held a construction job. :rolleyes:

;) :D

See how the smilies work everybody? This way Doug knows that I'm kidding around and not seriously accusing him of being so f^%&ing stupid that it takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes. :eek:

That's a Yo mamma joke BTW. ;) Later everybody. :)

Matt34

Matt34

Imagine if this thread got deleted, some folks would have a serious hit to there post count.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Imagine if this thread got deleted, some folks would have a serious hit to there post count.
Yeah, guilty...

just curious... what does it do to rep...? There's been a lot of rep given here. Would it change the rep points for rep given in other threads? Does that even make sense...?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Considering the post count and the number of views, I hope not:eek:. I guess ill go back to watching the supreme court confirmation hearings:eek:(now thats boring):D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be a General again, or something like that. :eek: :D

just curious... what does it do to rep...? There's been a lot of rep given here. Would it change the rep points for rep given in other threads? Does that even make sense...?
I believe that it will remove all Thanks and points associated with those thanks from people's accounts, but it will not remove reputation given through the scales. That's my understanding. Also, if they only soft delete it (or whatever the term is), then it doesn't affect the thanks.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Yep, it totally screw up your total points, your reputation, your green chicklets, and it fries your brains too. :D

So Adam, you are not totally correct. Trust me, I know.

Just the last three bad rep that I got very quick in this thread by, we know who, which is (are) a true coward in my book, did make me loose more than 300 points, and also degraded my reputation.

And all of this because of 3 cowards.

So, now you can see once more the stupid damage that is done by just a few headbangers.

One week ago, I was at over 1,200 points. Now, I'm at 300 or so.

What that truly means, is that by the hard work you put into helping people, it then get destroyed multiple times in threads like these with people that don't have a single clue of what they truly doing by just clicking at random to the posts that don't suit them. What do you call that? Should I really care?
It does make me feel proud when someone say "Thank you Bob for all your help, it makes my setup much better sounding."
And here in this thread called "Really Boring Stuff", where I come to relax after working hard, and let go, some people just don't get it at all.
Again, for the 100th times, this system is deeply flaw and frustrating too.
I know how it will work better, and I'm sure some of you guys too, like yourself Adam, but from the feedback that I get, nobody seems to listen or care.
It is very sad indeed, very boring stuff, appropriately ironic.

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'd be a General again, or something like that. :eek: :D

I believe that it will remove all Thanks and points associated with those thanks from people's accounts, but it will not remove reputation given through the scales. That's my understanding. Also, if they only soft delete it (or whatever the term is), then it doesn't affect the thanks.
That makes sense... I was just curious if the whole thing became somehow retroactive and completely changed the way everybody's rep was calculated. IE, if you didnt have rep from here 3 months ago, it goes back and changes the points you gave in another thread... that would be a difficult task to automate I would think.. It hurt my head a little bit to think about...

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Just the last three bad rep that I got very quick in this thread by, we know who, which is (are) a true coward in my book, did make me loose more than 300 points, and also degraded my reputation.
Then as has been suggested to you PM him or them and work it out. This forum is pretty easy going and most have tolerence unless pushed. If you think that you do not derserve your reps, discuss it with him or them open minded and thru PMs (again as suggested) and maybe some change will come:) Most have stated that the system is funny and if it bothers you that much that an internet forum upsets you maybe priororites should be re-examed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Not a surprise to anyone that I'd be wrong about something :D, but what do you think that I'm wrong about?

You're over 400, my man. Smile. :)
About the rep. It does degrade it.

I gain some back, because... You know... Still 800 points in the hole...

Adam, are you trying to encourage me. ;)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Then as has been suggested to you PM him or them and work it out. This forum is pretty easy going and most have tolerence unless pushed. If you think that you do not derserve your reps, discuss it with him or them open minded and thru PMs (again as suggested) and maybe some change will come:) Most have stated that the system is funny and if it bothers you that much that an internet forum upsets you maybe priororites should be re-examed.
Because, some few people are not worth it. And that person is in the know already. No discussion here bandphan, sorry mate. This guy is a lost cause, a basketcase. I've seen people like that in the past, and what they truly needs is a Dad or a Mom to put them at their right spot. That ain't my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis