speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I am really mesmerized by the song "Silent Lucidity". It is by Queensryche. Not really sure why I really dig this song. :confused::confused: But, for one reason or another I do. :):eek::) It does have a sad tone to it. I guess running through the full gamut of emotions I have had with respect to my Mom's illness, it has left me listening to this song over and over again. However, the ending in "I Am Smiling Next To You" leaves me with such a grin on my face. As such, are there any other forum members here that really dig this song? If so, please speak up as to why you like it. ;):cool:;) It would be most appreciated. Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3QSkux3vcQ

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dito...and BTW did you check out Temple of the Dog...:D
Thanks Billy for posting. No, I have not checked out Temple of the Dog but will do. I will get back to you on that one my friend. Hope all is well. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks Billy for posting. No, I have not checked out Temple of the Dog but will do. I will get back to you on that one my friend. Hope all is well. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil
Yes Phil, everything is fine and you're right those lyrics leave you kind of melancholy but its still a beautiful song...:)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I like Silent Lucidity and a few other Queensryche songs. I have the disc titled 'Empire' and unless you are a huge fan it's kind of a greatest hits disc (even though it is a stand-alone album).

Pheaton

Pheaton

Audioholic
Hi,
I have to agree with MDS, I think "Empire" is their best album. In fact while I like silent lucidity, it is not my favorite song on Empire. I would suggest checking out the rest of the album, I think you will like it.

Pheaton

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes Phil, everything is fine and you're right those lyrics leave you kind of melancholy but its still a beautiful song...:)
Very much agreed. The lyrics are a bit out there so to speak. But, that all adds to the fascination I have with this song. Yeah, I am weird like that. :D:eek::D

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like Silent Lucidity and a few other Queensryche songs. I have the disc titled 'Empire' and unless you are a huge fan it's kind of a greatest hits disc (even though it is a stand-alone album).
Glad to hear you like it as well. I will have to check that ablum out. Thanks for the info. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi,
I have to agree with MDS, I think "Empire" is their best album. In fact while I like silent lucidity, it is not my favorite song on Empire. I would suggest checking out the rest of the album, I think you will like it.

Pheaton
Thanks Pheaton for mentioning it. I will do just that. Heck, I may even just buy it. ;):p;)

Cheers,

Phil

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I have to agree that Silent Lucidity is probably my favorite song of Queensryche's. Empire is a great album (unfortunately I no longer have it after most of my cds were stolen in college, I should probably buy it again).
I like Promised Land and Operation Mindcrime overall as good albums, no particular songs stand out as much as Silent Lucidity. The last song on Promised Land- Someone Else, is a close second though for me.

Their newer albums have some good songs on them, but the albums are not as solid overall as some of their older stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8jAgyyLKI&feature=related

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
ok i have something to say about queensryche!!! I have seen them once in charleston during the empire tour:cool: I can say this is one of my favorite shows. Anyway, silent lucidity is a good song and the album is great. I just have to turn you on to another song from another album that really hit me hard just because my father is no longer with me. The song is off the promised land album called "birdge" :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
never a big fan but I do have the "Operation Mind Crime" CD. Liked this when it came out.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
i am a big(notice i didn't say "BIG") fan of QUEENSRYCHE. they have lots of good tunes.
i have seen em many times in concert, their recordings are better. they don't have the money for the gear needed to make their concerts sounds better.

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
Personally I think that Operation Mindcrime was their best overall album. Empire was definitely more polished but after Mindcrime with it's seamless transitions from one song to the next all the while telling a story(much like Pink Floyd's The Wall or The Who's Tommy) Empire seemed almost a little disjointed.

I'm a little biased because I was a fan from their EP days of The Warning and Rage for Order.

Don't get me wrong, I like Empire but I think they gave up a little bit of the edge they had on Mindcrime in order to radio air time for Empire.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
ok i have something to say about queensryche!!! I have seen them once in charleston during the empire tour:cool: I can say this is one of my favorite shows. Anyway, silent lucidity is a good song and the album is great. I just have to turn you on to another song from another album that really hit me hard just because my father is no longer with me. The song is off the promised land album called "birdge" :cool:

Thanks for posting. This song is great as it has a good tight kick drum. Of course, this is always a plus in my book. Sorry to hear about your Dad, but I can relate 100%. Appreciate the suggestion. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
never a big fan but I do have the "Operation Mind Crime" CD. Liked this when it came out.

Thanks Doug for the info. The song kind of has a Pink Floyd feel to it. Appreciate you taking the time to post this. Hope all is well my friend. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
i am a big(notice i didn't say "BIG") fan of QUEENSRYCHE. they have lots of good tunes.
i have seen em many times in concert, their recordings are better. they don't have the money for the gear needed to make their concerts sounds better.
Very interesting. I hope to get to see them one day. Right now though, my funds are tight. Thanks for the info. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Personally I think that Operation Mindcrime was their best overall album. Empire was definitely more polished but after Mindcrime with it's seamless transitions from one song to the next all the while telling a story(much like Pink Floyd's The Wall or The Who's Tommy) Empire seemed almost a little disjointed.

I'm a little biased because I was a fan from their EP days of The Warning and Rage for Order.

Don't get me wrong, I like Empire but I think they gave up a little bit of the edge they had on Mindcrime in order to radio air time for Empire.
Thanks for the info. Guys like you seem to know a great deal more than I about Queensryche. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts about the sound being very much like Pink Floyd. Perhaps, I was not too far off base on that one. :eek::D:eek: Appreciate you posting and sharing your thoughts. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I still listen to the EP, The Warning and Rage for Order on vinyl. I saw them on their Mindcrime tour and got to meet them. They were really nice. I haven't heard anything since Promised Land, but I still consider myself a fan.

Jim

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis