Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
ARRRRGGG!!!! :mad:

And, WOOHOO!!!! :D

For months (oh, so many months), I have been under the firm impression that I could not pull in the DTV signals for the main networks. Antennaweb.org indicated that I could not get them. Everyone I talked to said that I couldn't get them. A couple of days ago, I saw that dtv.gov/maps also provides info about available signals and the tower directions. So, I pointed my antenna towards the "unseeable" towers.

I now get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, and My Tucson TV (used to be WB). I'm ecstatic that I get the stations, but I'm pissed that for months I've been watching the grainy analog feeds. Pissed at myself for not just trying it earlier. I'll mess around tomorrow and see if I can also get CW (which I lost when I repointed the antenna) along with the others, because I like watching Reaper and Supernatural.

I'm watching Lost right now, non-fuzzy for the first time in years. One big disappointment is that I had wanted to watch Leno's final episodes, but the NBC analog feed dropped power and I couldn't even watch it - but I get the digital feed perfect (but didn't know it).

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That's pretty cool and understandibly infuriating all at the same time. I need to get my OTA on soon. That requires cash and time, both of which seem to be re-directed towards other things right now.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I also finally got around to checking if episodes of Chuck are online (I stopped watching when NBC went down for me). Turns out, there's like 12 episodes to watch.

I'm gonna be a busy, busy boy...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm watching Lost right now, non-fuzzy for the first time in years.
I Netflixed like the first however many seasons but had to wait for the last one. Now that the new season is on TV I won't watch it even on the HD channel with the DVR to FF through commercials. The DVD's are in real 16:9 and in 5.1 DD. It is such a cool show to watch if you can see it the way it's written and filmed without commercials.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I Netflixed like the first however many seasons but had to wait for the last one. Now that the new season is on TV I won't watch it even on the HD channel with the DVR to FF through commercials. The DVD's are in real 16:9 and in 5.1 DD. It is such a cool show to watch if you can see it the way it's written and filmed without commercials.
I always hate it when the final drum hits at the end of an episode. It seems to make cliff-hangers even worse. My wife and I are going to catch up on last week's episode. We've been faithful watchers from day one, which says a lot since we hardly watch any TV.

Matt34

Matt34

Got a doctors appointment for my broke knee today.

...."here's some Motrin.":rolleyes:

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
My boss is going to mexico for a week starting tomorrow.... kinda drains motivation :(

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Got a doctors appointment for my broke knee today.

...."here's some Motrin.":rolleyes:
Fresh injury or old war/football/soccer wound? At least he didn't give you Midol.

Seriously though, Midol purportedly kicks arse for headaches.

Matt34

Matt34

Man that sucks. :(
My knees are merely bad so I feel better about them now. :rolleyes:
I torn something in my left knee eight years ago while deployed to Kosovo but the MRI I got three months later came back inconclusive. I couldn't run for a year and half afterwards and have had chronic knee pain every since with the occasional locking of the knee joint. I've dealt with it and don't let it affect my job performance, but now they want to send me to Drill Sergeant School so I can get more messed up, screw that.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Man, you must be young. I think that most of us would have used a :D after that sentence. :)
I am :D... I was thinking more along the lines of I am NOT going anywhere like that anytime soon, and WI is not warm yet.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
@ Matt-

Damn, that sounds like quite an encumbrance, to say the least. What do you usually take for it? Aleve/Naproxen?

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I torn something in my left knee eight years ago while deployed to Kosovo but the MRI I got three months later came back inconclusive. I couldn't run for a year and half afterwards and have had chronic knee pain every since with the occasional locking of the knee joint. I've dealt with it and don't let it affect my job performance, but now they want to send me to Drill Sergeant School so I can get more messed up, screw that.
That stinks, I had osgood slaughter in my left knee in highschool, and it was miserable, so I can empathize a little bit. Good luck!

Matt34

Matt34

@ Matt-

Damn, that sounds like quite an encumbrance, to say the least. What do you usually take for it? Aleve/Naproxen?
I use 800mg Motrin, it's part of my daily routine. I'm pretty comfortable as long as I don't exceed my known limits, if I stay under 20miles/wk Motrin is fine.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
See? Now if they had simply nuked the high lighted area completely we could have solved the parking problem for all of Eastern Europe and your knee would be fine. ;)

What? :confused::D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
^^ not very nice Alex.

On another note, I'm starving. I can't believe it's only 10:02. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers