Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
So...do you still think that it's the original version?

Not like it matters, though, as I already ordered it. :D
Yeah, I'm positive... but for your peace of mind, I looked it up... :cool:

From Amazon:

Product Description
The "THANK YOU" CD features 13 of STP’s greatest songs, spanning more than a decade of hits. The compilation also includes a pair of special bonus tracks: the brand-new, previously unreleased "All In The Suit That You Wear" - which is headed to rock radio - along with an acoustic version of "Plush," recorded live on MTV’s Headbanger’s Ball back in 1992.

Oh, and the bootleg performance of "Sweet Emotion" with Aerosmith on the DVD is epic....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...along with an acoustic version of "Plush," recorded live on MTV’s Headbanger’s Ball back in 1992.
Ahhh, but the radio edit was the HBB version - just cut short.

I sure appreciate you looking that up, though! I might even be inspired enough to go find my CD of that and see if it's the radio edit (I think it is, though). Argggg. Getting mad again.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Ahhh, but the radio edit was the HBB version - just cut short.

I sure appreciate you looking that up, though! I might even be inspired enough to go find my CD of that and see if it's the radio edit (I think it is, though). Argggg. Getting mad again.
Ahhhh... I see what you're saying... I'll throw my CD in real quick... What am I listening for?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahhhh... I see what you're saying... I'll throw my CD in real quick... What am I listening for?
Thanks! I'd have to get mine out to check the total duration, but without doing that - you'd check to see if the crowd starts clapping after the song is "over" (it does seem to be over at that point) and then they start singing again. If they don't start singing again, it's the radio edit.

That's probably not a good enough explanation to check, though. I see that the song is 3:50 per Amazon's description. I'll have to dig mine out.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose that's better than a Martyr that is motivated by the idea of 72 virgins. :rolleyes:
I'm going to make the assumption that at least most of those guys don't know the difference when they sign up for the suicide mission.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks! I'd have to get mine out to check the total duration, but without doing that - you'd check to see if the crowd starts clapping after the song is "over" (it does seem to be over at that point) and then they start singing again. If they don't start singing again, it's the radio edit.

That's probably not a good enough explanation to check, though. I see that the song is 3:50 per Amazon's description. I'll have to dig mine out.
Yeah... its the radio edit... Crowd claps, then nothin, CD over. oh well. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah... its the radio edit... Crowd claps, then nothin, CD over. oh well. Sorry to get your hopes up.
Man, it's like an emotional rollercoaster with you. Next thing I know, it won't even really be Aerosmith in the video. :D

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
I'm going to make the assumption that at least most of those guys don't know the difference when they sign up for the suicide mission.
I suppose you are right. I'm pretty bored. My girlfriend is watching Twilight... As if I haven't had to listen about how "great" the books are for the past 4 months!!!

Recorded in DTS HD though, so at least it sounds good!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam - is the HBB video on the DVD? This site mentions that it's available on certain versions of that disc.

Maybe I should do more research. Amazon does have the British version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis