DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
Perusing this through Paypal is almost a worthless endeavor in my past experience with them.
Using Paypal can be very frustrating and tedious. When I fund any purchase through Pay Pal, I always use my Amex card. This way, when I file a Pay Pal dispute, I file one with Amex too. It's amazing how fast they move when Amex puts some pressure on them...

Sorry to hear you are going through this. If you haven't already, file a Paypal complaint. Word of advice to anyone using Paypal; use your credit card to fund the purchase, not your bank account. Doing this will give you 2 companies that you can file a dispute with. Paypal doesn't want to lose their ability to accept Visa, MC or Amex...

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Most people at B&Ms don't even talk to me when I walk in. I guess I look like a dangerous customer.
I feel the same way, but I think it's because I look young. I was out looking at TV's the other day, went in three different stores and easily spent half an hour to 40 minutes in each one and only once had someone ask if they could help me. A bit amusing since I'm looking to buy one in the next month.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I feel the same way, but I think it's because I look young. I was out looking at TV's the other day, went in three different stores and easily spent half an hour to 40 minutes in each one and only once had someone ask if they could help me. A bit amusing since I'm looking to buy one in the next month.
Well I think it's because I look like a nerd. And most of them don't want to deal with a nerd. I just checked out a HiFi shop the other day and no one even said hi to me. I walked out and vowed never to return. I wanted to demo some speakers, but hey if they don't even greet me forget it.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Well I think it's because I look like a nerd. And most of them don't want to deal with a nerd. I just checked out a HiFi shop the other day and no one even said hi to me. I walked out and vowed never to return. I wanted to demo some speakers, but hey if they don't even greet me forget it.
Your post just reminded me of Happy Days...Hey Pottsy... is that even how they spelled his name.

M

madpoet

Audiophyte
Sad this has to be my first post here. You are (sadly) not alone. Mark owes me $4125 and has for over 6 months now. Because Mark has you buy things through the Graham Company AV123 claims they are not in any way responsible even when they are AStock items and Mark is selling them through the AV123 forum. There are quite a few of us owed many, many thousands of dollars in gear and refunds. I know I am looking at legal remedies, but it's a daunting task. The truly awful part is 6 months ago I would have bet everything that Mark/AV123 would make it all right.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sad this has to be my first post here. You are (sadly) not alone. Mark owes me $4125 and has for over 6 months now. Because Mark has you buy things through the Graham Company AV123 claims they are not in any way responsible even when they are AStock items and Mark is selling them through the AV123 forum. There are quite a few of us owed many, many thousands of dollars in gear and refunds. I know I am looking at legal remedies, but it's a daunting task. The truly awful part is 6 months ago I would have bet everything that Mark/AV123 would make it all right.
I suggest you two build a group of people defrauded by him If you get enough people he will have two choices refund the money or go to jail.

G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Well I have been contacted and this is hopefully getting resolved so I guess we will wait and see.

At the end of the day the sad thing is that aside from Suzanne I have never had a bad experience with anyone at AV123 just from a people standpoint.

They have always been nice, courteous, and friendly and all.

But at the end of the day being nice doesn't help situations like this get any better.:(

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I will PM you with his email address please contact him and let him know of your concern. If you have any trouble let me know. Also contact paypal and your credit card company.

I've heard he's been sick. I imagine it must be very serious for him to ignore these sales. He's been in business for 40 years so I doubt he normally acts like this.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know...dude's still posting on his forums. He keeps acting like business is usual...kind of like he is trying to sustain some sort of income.

My experience was very positive with AV123, but this was almost a year ago. I hate to see such a well-regarded company hit the crapper like this. I know Mark would try and make things right, but keeping someones $4k is frickin ridiculous, if not felonious.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know...dude's still posting on his forums. He keeps acting like business is usual...kind of like he is trying to sustain some sort of income.

My experience was very positive with AV123, but this was almost a year ago. I hate to see such a well-regarded company hit the crapper like this. I know Mark would try and make things right, but keeping someones $4k is frickin ridiculous, if not felonious.
I wonder if he is on some sort of painkillers. It might explain the erratic behavior.

This does need to be stopped though.

It is Felonious I'm sure of that. And he could easily be jailed for it. Especially if he's go multiple counts of fraud.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
AFAIK, he wasn't sick when he started to take people's money. what his health status now should not matter. he had 6 months to make it right BEFORE he got 'sick'.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
I have lost faith in av123 also. I used to have respect for MLS, but unfortunately, along with people like the OP and Madpoet, I know people who are owed significantly more money and have been strung along for months perhaps years. I wish I didn't know what I do but I have seen what's under the emperor's clothes and it's not pretty.

I used to recommend them all the time, but no more.. I just can't.

There was a post on tweakcity by Uncle Paul who suggested getting all those involved together, but he has since been banned from that forum.

M

madpoet

Audiophyte
I will PM you with his email address please contact him and let him know of your concern. If you have any trouble let me know. Also contact paypal and your credit card company.

I've heard he's been sick. I imagine it must be very serious for him to ignore these sales. He's been in business for 40 years so I doubt he normally acts like this.

Thanks, but if I gave you the littany of excuses he's sent me (including the 3 times he SWORE the refund was on it's way to me) it would take a while to read through. He's stolen my money, plain and simple. He has completely stopped responding as of January.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is there any estimates on how much money he owes in total to people? It looks like he was using the customers money as more of a bank loan to fund his business. He doesn't have to pay interest on your money. Sneaky.

Last edited:
M

madpoet

Audiophyte
Depends on whether you count the 60 something people who pre-ordered LS9s. I know just in talking to others waiting on refunds it is many, many thousands of dollars just for us.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
People, pull together and submit a Class Action suit. File charges. What he has done is a Felony and is a Federal offense.

Let's direct everyone to the same person lsiberian is suggesting. Everyone contact that person. Gather names, phone numbers and information....then file charges and a suit against him!!!

This is criminal!!

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
wow and to think i almost bought those Ref 3's from mark....

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Most people at B&Ms don't even talk to me when I walk in. I guess I look like a dangerous customer.
Is it the fully automatic spl meter your slinging or the t shirt that says stick your passive crossover up your arse :p

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, but if I gave you the littany of excuses he's sent me (including the 3 times he SWORE the refund was on it's way to me) it would take a while to read through. He's stolen my money, plain and simple. He has completely stopped responding as of January.
Ok enough nonsense let's form a google group to gather up all the victims. Everyone needs to report him to the FBI and Paypal collectively. If you have been victimized by him do this immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis