Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I am sick.
Do like I did and spill a glass of water on your scanner and left computer speaker. You'll forget about how bad you feel but you might have to put up with the 'maybe he washed his blank' comments for a while.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is our entry. No big deal, right? Wrong. :)

The entry door is hung on a hollow metal frame. I used 1/2" drywall to flush out the wall with the frame and installed a matching wood casing with self tapping finish screws onto the metal frame to maintain uniformity. You can't see it but the left hand side of the casing had to be ripped at a weird angle to fit in between the hinges and the wall. I did that with a hand saw on my tail gate on the coldest day of the year. My friends laughed when I told them but I was proud of the finished product.

The hinges on the louver door got replaced because of prior poor paint jobs. Of course both doors got adjusted so that they closed nicely. The entry door got a thin strip of foam on the door stop portion of the jamb in an attempt to keep my noise out of the hallway. I'm not a fan of that hollow metal clang noise those frames make either.

There's more to this but I wanna see if there is a demand for this level of 'Oh sweet Jesus, take me now' boredom.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you should delete that before Adam spots it. You know?

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
This is our entry. No big deal, right? Wrong. :)

The entry door is hung on a hollow metal frame. I used 1/2" drywall to flush out the wall with the frame and installed a matching wood casing with self tapping finish screws onto the metal frame to maintain uniformity. You can't see it but the left hand side of the casing had to be ripped at a weird angle to fit in between the hinges and the wall. I did that with a hand saw on my tail gate on the coldest day of the year. My friends laughed when I told them but I was proud of the finished product.

The hinges on the louver door got replaced because of prior poor paint jobs. Of course both doors got adjusted so that they closed nicely. The entry door got a thin strip of foam on the door stop portion of the jamb in an attempt to keep my noise out of the hallway. I'm not a fan of that hollow metal clang noise those frames make either.

There's more to this but I wanna see if there is a demand for this level of 'Oh sweet Jesus, take me now' boredom.
This is like the first taste of meth for someone on a long, ugly road to death. I...NEED...MORE!!!!! ;)

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I don't have anything useful or insightful to add to the current conversation, because I am sick. My doctor said I have chronic death syndrome. I loathe the viruses of all kinds. Is there something I can take that could, sort of, just zonk me out so that, like, I-I don't know that I'm sick, until I get better? :mad::D
You could do like I do when I get sick (which is very rarely) -- I drink until the alcohol level of my blood is so high that no germs can possibly survive in it. When I get rid of the hangover I feel great!! :D :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I suspect that you two have been PMing.

"Hee, hee. Adam's online now. Let's jack with him."

"Cool! Ummm, but how? Post pictures of a tranny?"

"Maybe later. For now, let's just say that we deleted something. Tee-heeee."

Sure, I know that you don't do that - but let me hold on to the dream that my existence actually has some meaning. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis