Origin of Screen name

itschris

itschris

I know this has probably been done before, but we have a lot newer guys here. There's a lot of interesting names and a lot of times gives some insight where you're coming from.

Itchris - nothing terribly special.. my name is Chris, but the "itschris" thing started back in college when I was telling my friends about hooking up with this really hot chick from our Finance lecture hall class. They didn't believe me so a couple of days later after the weekend.. I was around my buds and decided to call her. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey Nicky! It's Chris, how are yo...
Nicky: Who?
Me: Chris!
Nicky: ummm....
Me: It's Chris... from Saturday night... Chris!
Nicky: I'm not sure I...
Me: Nicky! It's me... Chris. it's Chris... it's Chris

Needless to say I never lived that one down and friends referred to me as ItChris for about a year.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Lol

I am Bill or Billy at work or online and quite frankly I wouldn't have it any other way. However if I were to use a stage name it would be constant on all the forums I visit because I have nothing to hide and IMO easier to idenify.

Sorry not the most exciting response!:eek:

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Mazersteven is my name backwards. I use the same name on all the forums.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I couldn't use an underscore because another user took it.....TADA...greatest story ever.

I don't use this name anywhere else.

Most of my other forum and usernames begin with Brig and end with something else.

(my username looks like a drooling indifferent face to me btw:D)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
back in the old days of CBs when I was young and wild ..

I picked up the name Midnight Cowboy as my CB handle... you remember the days of woodstock and the motto "Make Love not War" lived in a wild apartment complex LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MidnightCowboy -->shortened MidCow but of partypower there is a .com and a.net on I was MidCow on .net and MidCow2 on .com ;)

J

jamie2112

Banned
Jamie's the name 2112 is a rush album. Jeeze you didn't know? novices.....:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, here as most know I am speakerman39. Then, on AVS I am audiofreak38. Still yet, on the Polk Forum I go by polkyphil. On the audioreview.com site I am speakeroligist_38. Over on the hometheaterforum.com site I am known as ryan.p. Ryan, btw, is my first name. However, I have always gone by Phil as my middle name is Phillip. I even use soundfreak38 on the Ascend forum. Guess, I just decided to use different names for different sites.........LOL!!!! :eek::eek: Heck, I don't know what I was thinking. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Unreal.freak came from my old computer gaming days. I liked playing Unreal Tournament alot....i played all night most nights when i was off of work.
The unreal comes from the game unreal tournament
Freak was my screen name while i was playing

This site uses email addy for my screen name otherwise i would use the screenname i use most other places TZAPP

Peace,
Tommy

J

jamie2112

Banned
Well, here as most know I am speakerman39. Then, on AVS I am audiofreak38. Still yet, on the Polk Forum I go by polkyphil. On the audioreview.com site I am speakeroligist_38. Over on the hometheaterforum.com site I am known as ryan.p. Ryan, btw, is my first name. However, I have always gone by Phil as my middle name is Phillip. I even use soundfreak38 on the Ascend forum. Guess, I just decided to use different names for different sites.........LOL!!!! :eek::eek: Heck, I don't know what I was thinking. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil
Jeeze phil you have as many aliases as Jason Bourne.....:eek::D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Hello my forum name is Greg Gable. But in real life my name is RuPaul. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Jeeze phil you have as many aliases as Jason Bourne.....:eek::D
LOL............maybe I was hoping to be in one of the movies.........LOL!!!! :eek::eek: No really, I have no clue what I was thinking. Guess it is pretty obvious eh? Oh well, we all live and learn. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hi, my name is MAZER-BATER STEVEN, it is secondary to the way I abuse myself when the wife is out. I go by Greg Gable on the forums.....

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall

Cheers,

Phil
Multi-personalities perhaps? On this forum you could say that all cables sound the same and that the only amp you'll ever need is a Behringer EP2500

Then maybe hop on over to the asylum and go on and on about your new Nordost valhalla's and your clever little clocks :p:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Multi-personalities perhaps? On this forum you could say that all cables sound the same and that the only amp you'll ever need is a Behringer EP2500

Then maybe hop on over to the asylum and go on and on about your new Nordost valhalla's and your clever little clocks :p:D
You may have a point. Both of my ex-wives claim I am moody......LOL!!!! ;);) I think it just boils down to "a failure to communicate"..........LOL!!!!! :cool::cool: At least, that is my story and I am sticking to it. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Hi, my name is MAZER-BATER STEVEN, it is secondary to the way I abuse myself when the wife is out. I go by Greg Gable on the forums.....

Rated G version

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Chris, this was an EXCELLENT idea for a thread. Thanks! It's great to read about where people's screen names came from.

My screen name...ummm...I'm sure that it's been a mystery to everyone. I was talking to a co-worker today who reads the AVS forum and told him that I participate here. He walked away, apparently checked out the site, came back about two minutes later and said, "I thought that it would be harder to figure out which one was you." Nope. :)

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Guiria - a town where the road ends on the south eastern most peninsula of Venezuela. Lived there for 6 months and loved it. I use Guiria or DrGuiria on other forums although I am no doctor.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis