Just switched to BJC cables for my HT

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well thought I'd throw some quick pics up of My new BLue Jeans Cables. There really some quality cables and im very impressed with there looks and prompt shipping. I went with some 10 gauge 5t00up with there new locking banana plugs that look sweet and changed all my HDMI cables to beldens series f2 and 1. I hope they perform as well as they look and im sure they will. Heres some quick picks, sorry about the quality of the pics but I was having some problems with my new camera :p Thanks to all who referred me to BJC And a big thanks to BJC for offering such quality HT cables at such a reasonable price .

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Get those wires sleeved! or else they will suffer from cold and will make the sound boomy in the low end :eek:

Good looking for now though.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Get those wires sleeved! or else they will suffer from cold and will make the sound boomy in the low end :eek:

Good looking for now though.
Thanks , So im wondering if I go to a nice lavender or powder blue sleeve if it will soften my mids :p lol actualy I plan on sleeving my speaker cables but still trying to decide color and texture . So I got anxious and decided to hook everything up before:D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Good choice on the 10awg they look great.....GO BJC.....
Ya that 10 awg looks fat and I swear it sounds even better now but im sure its in my mind lol but once those wires burn in i'll definately have upgraded the quailty of sound . YES BJC ROCKS :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thats puuuurrrrrddyy. And I am sure there will be a difference even if its just in your mind:D:D:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
did you have them terminate the speaker wire or did you terminate yourself?

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Wow 10 gauge ,how long are your runs 100 ft ?

Ya that 10 awg looks fat and I swear it sounds even better now but im sure its in my mind lol but once those wires burn in i'll definately have upgraded the quailty of sound . YES BJC ROCKS :D
Your cables defintely look nice. But copper wire is copper wire and in almost every case 18 gauge is sufficient, but who is counting. It you want 10 gauge so be it.

You think it sounds better then good, but it would be nice for someone to make some specific measurements on different quality and different gauges of speaker cabling.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's not gonna sound better, but the next one i buy will be 10 gauge as well (10 feet length) ... cause i can! :) or maybe i can't yet (no disposable money yet)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice looking cables. I especially like the terminations! Very nice looking. My Radio Shack banana plugs work just fine, but they sure don't look as nice.

...it would be nice for someone to make some specific measurements on different quality and different gauges of speaker cabling.
I posted this link a while back, but check out this site.

TheFactor

TheFactor

did you have them terminate the speaker wire or did you terminate yourself?
No I had them terminate it for me, I think 10 gauge would of been difficult especialy for me. Plus I know it was done wright. They use 3-ton pneumatic presses and Swiss-built computer-controlled stripping equipment for there terminating so I desided to let them do it.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Your cables defintely look nice. But copper wire is copper wire and in almost every case 18 gauge is sufficient, but who is counting. It you want 10 gauge so be it.

You think it sounds better then good, but it would be nice for someone to make some specific measurements on different quality and different gauges of speaker cabling.
I think theres some info as far as benefits for distance in this link. But I didnt really do it for improved sound quailty because I was really happy with the sound before, I did it mainly for convience with the locking bananas and desided just to go with 10 gauge wire while I was at.To be honest I was more worried about loosing sound quailty because I was using straight 12 gauge bi-wire before non terminated but I was also concerned about stray wires on the back of my reciever or a wire coming loose because it was tuff twisting that 12 gauge bi-wire together and fitting it in the holes on my receiver. Heres that link http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/speaker-cable-gauge

TheFactor

TheFactor

Nice looking cables. I especially like the terminations! Very nice looking. My Radio Shack banana plugs work just fine, but they sure don't look as nice.

I posted this link a while back, but check out this site.
Thanks for the link thats very informative and thanks I really like the looks of these locking plugs and there very very secure.

TheFactor

TheFactor

it's not gonna sound better, but the next one i buy will be 10 gauge as well (10 feet length) ... cause i can! :) or maybe i can't yet (no disposable money yet)
Hey thats why I did it to....cause I can :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Your cables defintely look nice. Thanks and no there not 100 feet lol. Only 95 :p Actually 15 feet but only need around 10ft for fronts and 6 for the center but I just went with 15ft per cable so I can grow into them :)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice...

I had a problem with the HDMI connections being somewhat loose, but great signal...

May I ask how much the Speaker Cables ran... terminated...?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice...

I had a problem with the HDMI connections being somewhat loose, but great signal...

yeah, the terminated versus the unterminated + banana plus is twice the price i think.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Very nice...

It seems it sounds and has a better picture than my other HDMI cables but again it could be in my mind and for some reason the connections seem a little tighter than my old HDMI cables. Actually I paid a total of 119.25 for 3 15ft 10awg 5t00up with locking banana to banana and with them doing the terminating . I thought it was a more than fair price .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis