Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
In another thread, the LAPD motto of "To protect and serve" was mentioned. That got me to thinking about meaningless mottos that irritate somewhat. I tried to narrow it down to one...but it was really tough. It finally boiled down to one used by Nissan that bugged me the most. It was "Built for the human race." Okay....who else is gonna drive it? :p (Chevy's "Like a rock" was a close second.)

What meaningless motto makes you scowl?

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you talking about mottos or advertising slogans? I separate between the two. The LAPD motto or mission statement is developed internally as a representation of what they plan to do in the course of their business. Advertising slogans are just annoying in general. The one that annoys me most- "This is our country.." for Chevy trucks. Makes my skin crawl!!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
"Bose, better sound through research", makes my blood boil!:mad:

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Yeah, a misson statement doesn't bother me.

How about Obama and Clinton with their "change" campaigns. If one wasn't bad enough...:rolleyes: It's like "we can change" and "we will change" or something now... I saw both those ads the other night.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
How about Obama and Clinton with their "change" campaigns. If one wasn't bad enough...:rolleyes: It's like "we can change" and "we will change" or something now... I saw both those ads the other night.
"If I can change, and you can change, EVERYBODY can change" :D

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Hmmm... With this economy...

"ya got any spare change, man?"

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
One day at a time. I prefer "Let's not get all F'ed up." :D

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Sketchers

"We put the S in Action"

O Charlies

"Good food and good times begin with O"

Kraft

"America spells cheese k-r-a-f-t"

Nintendo DS

"Touching is good"

Seamark

"Can't beat our meat"

Dirty D*cks (if the name wasn't strange enough)

"We got our crabs from Dirty D*cks"

Try My Nuts (the name is strange enough, no slogan is needed)

Poppycock

"The nuttiest"

Moon Pie

"The only one on the planet"

Mountain Dew

"Do the Dew"

HBO

"It's not TV, it's HBO"

Hebrew National Franks

"We answer to a higher authority"

Footsloggers

"Get high on a mountain"

Home Town Realty

"An exceptional exception"

Travelocity

"You'll never roam alone" (so does that make it a dating service?)

Wendy's

"Do what tastes right"

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sure there are a few that get to me, but for some reason I can't think of any of them right now - speaking of advertising though, the commercials I cannot stand the MOST are those irritating as all hell Alltel commercials with the four geeks. I honest to god lose a couple IQ points every time one of those things play on TV.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
I always thought "An Army of One" was pretty stupid. The one that replaced it must not have been quite as bad 'cause I can't remember it.

Mort

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
I always thought "An Army of One" was pretty stupid. The one that replaced it must not have been quite as bad 'cause I can't remember it.

Mort

Their new recruitment motto is “Army Strong.” Still not impressed.

Worst one I’ve heard recently was at Anderson AFB in Guam “I can save my own life.” It might work for some things but in the military? Heck of a way to build teamwork general.

Dean

annunaki

annunaki

In another thread, the LAPD motto of "To protect and serve" was mentioned. That got me to thinking about meaningless mottos that irritate somewhat. I tried to narrow it down to one...but it was really tough. It finally boiled down to one used by Nissan that bugged me the most. It was "Built for the human race." Okay....who else is gonna drive it? :p (Chevy's "Like a rock" was a close second.)

What meaningless motto makes you scowl?
"Best Selling for xxx years running"

Who cares? it could still be a piece of junk.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
"It's a Sony"

When I see that I start thinking about Darth Vader and the evil empire.......:eek:

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Hillshire! Farm!
"GO MEAT!"

I'm just gonna eat the stuff, not race it.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis