Madonna in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Madonna's music falls under the genre of Rock.

It's not classic rock. It's not arena rock. It's not hard rock. It's not folk rock. It's not punk rock.

It's pop rock. You can be a rock purist or something and define "rock" as "classic rock only," but that's simply not what the word rock means. Sorry, John.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Tis not "good argument" to appeal to that last bastion of credible information...the ultimate authority: Dictionary.com. :D

Just because a "style of popular music that derives in part from blues and folk music and is marked by a heavily accented beat and a simple, repetitive phrase structure" exists, does not in and of itself make it rock. Sorry. By that definition, I could beat on a tin can after my tone deaf ears listen to Robert Cray and Bob Dylan...thus influencing my tin can beating...and as long as I thump in a "heavily accented beat and a simple, repetitive phrase structure" by your definition, my tin can beating is now "Rock." Woe to those that appeal to a false higher authority.

Actually, that sounds like it might be as good as or better than some of the stuff I have heard that has been classified as "rock music". In any case, it is not intended as a definition of "good rock music". Just "rock music".

Sorry. Not even close. Those that need to refer to a .com site to know, understand or define rock, know not what rock and roll is. :p And even the sublimest and most accurate of dictionaries can not help those that refuse to understand.

Madonna. Yes. A Rock god. :(
It is funny that you make no attempt at explaining what you mean by "rock music", and yet you claim to have some authority in classifying music as "rock music" and not rock music (at least, you seem to expect us to pay attention to your pronouncements on the subject). What do you mean by "rock music"?

And if you say something like, I don't know how to define it, but I know it when I hear it, we will know that there is no reason to pay any attention to your opinion on the subject, as anyone can make such a claim.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis