What other forums do you participate in?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Easy question...

What other online forums take up some of your time when your online? Not necessarily other audio forums but just in general. If you feel really ambitious, you might note what percentage of time spent in each one..

Audioholics 35%
G6Performance 15%
Anandtech 15%
BombSquadGolf 35%

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Audioholics 99.9% :D

(Cat Bowling and other oddities - 0.1%)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Audiogon = sale's only,no real forum participation 5%
Better grow hydro = about 30%
Audiokarma = about 15%
Audioholics = 50%.

Of the forums i belong to this one is my favorite,i have fun here,the indoor gardening forum i belong to isnt much fun but it is full of great info,audiogon is good for selling only,their forums are a joke,unless i need info on what speaker wire goes best with a dry red wine ;)

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
To many to list.
The pic only shows about a quarter of the ones I frequent.
Most of the others I have listed at the top, in a seperate file (email & web).

As far as participation, computer forums probably eats up most at about 40%, HT (projectors, displays) and audio about 20%, photography about 10%, etc....

see pic for a few forums..

Attachments

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Audioholics, all the other sites are dry, self-righteous and down-right boring.

Where else do you find Green fairies, a Major, Mazer, Tomorrow, a Sheep, Seth, a Caveman, Halon and Gasman, Mr. M, Robbie, John, HH, Andy, Chris, the Hair Bear Bunch, Formula 1, a guy called Annunaki, Mike from accross the pond, Evil Kat and dogs, Nuts of all kinds, Honda page, broken cars, crazy Mods of all stripes and an assorted bunch of whacky, perceptive, slightly tilted bunch of homosapiens. That my friend is what makes this place special, not the gear. Without the above the gear will just be.......well, gear.

Matt34

Matt34

I've really cut down on the number of forums I participate in the last couple months.

1. Audioholics 95%
2. AVSfourms 1%
3. AV123 4%

I look at Gixxer.com about once a week to see if any rides are coming up but that's about it.

Last edited:
masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
In the order of active participation:
1. Audioholics
2. Kaskus
3. AV123
4. 8thCivic
5. Watchuseek
6. Symbian

I can say i spend most of my day in AH since this is the only place i can find the "strangest, wickedest, most meaningless" discussion of all. Along with informative and heated discussion with a twist of course. I like the people here who not only can be serious but also can have a sense of humor.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Audioholics
Axiom audio
audioasulum
head-fi
audiocircle
audiokarma
grand am owners club forums (dont own one, never owned one and dont want to own but i read the off topic threads)

and sometimes look at remote central forums along with tundra solutions, av123, hobart welders forums.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Audioholics: 97%
Home Theater Forum: 2%
AVS: 1%

I used to be a much more active user on Home Theater Forum, but after joining AH it was boring and I didn't post much there anymore unless I really needed or wanted a question answered. I did go their about a week ago for a couple of days spewing out stuff that came from here, lets say it wasn't well received.:D

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
This is the one and only A/V site I am on, "when it's the best, there's no need to look at the rest"!
The others I'm on are SVTPerformance, National Lightning Owners Club.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
not sure on %'s...

MilwaukeeHDTV
Audioholics
SportsBoards.net
espn boards
xbox forums

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Easy question...

What other online forums take up some of your time when your online? Not necessarily other audio forums but just in general. If you feel really ambitious, you might note what percentage of time spent in each one..

Audioholics 35%
G6Performance 15%
Anandtech 15%
BombSquadGolf 35%
Ancestry:D
Findagrave

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I mainly frequent Audioholics and PCMech. Those are the two that open when I start my Maxthon browser. I sometimes read AVS but I don't post much there. Am a member at Home Theater Shack and AudioKarma but I don't post much.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Audioholics 40%
Digital Home 40%
Genesis-Music 20%

cheers,
supervij

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Audioholics
Soundandvisionmag
AVS
AV123
Hometheatershack
Hometheaterforum
HeadFi
PianoWorld

And I am a member of about another 12-15 audio forums.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Raging Bull (finance) 30%
Sunsportstv(lightning) 20%
Stereophile 5%
Thescoreboards 5%
Outlaw <5%
Ascend Acoustics <5%
Sound & Vision < 5%

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Audioholics represents about 99% of my online time these days. I'm registered on about a dozen other forums (automotive or audio) but I don't have time to spend there except for a quick visit now and then. Apparently, I need to spend more time here and boost my post count to get onto Stratman's radar.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Audioholics represents about 99% of my online time these days. I'm registered on about a dozen other forums (automotive or audio) but I don't have time to spend there except for a quick visit now and then. Apparently, I need to spend more time here and boost my post count to get onto Stratman's radar.:D
Meee???!!! I'm just a lowly caveman, post count kings: Mtry, Sheep, Seth, J Garcia, whew.....how do they do it? The Major and Mazer are too busy chasing green fairies and I'm learning to count past 100.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis