Thanks----What is This?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Its a way of saying thank you without actually posting it. It also adds 1 point to your rep. Check your user cp I thanked you :).

Thanks is how many you have given out.

Thanked it how many you have received. Try giving one out you will see the change.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That's what the Chicklets are for? I like the Chicklets better. WTF :eek:

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Both work together though. You can still give chicklets, but when you do that is based on how many you have and how many posts you have so you might give 10, but with the thank you, you will give one no matter what. Its just a small nudge not a big jump.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
As if we don’t have enough with post counts already,:D so now its thank you all around. I think it’s a wonderful idea. Thank you.:)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
What the hey, I don't get the thanks button, always picking on the caveman.:mad:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Allow me to be the naysayer. This 'Thanks' idea is pointless and you can already see by this thread that it has no value with everybody thanking everybody else for no reason at all. Besides, when I post a thread about seating distances and I get 20 replies that were all valuable, do I hit 'Thanks' for every post?

The rep system is a decent idea that has already gone very wrong for that very reason. To get a high reputation you should have to take a test - not get a 'chicklet' because someone likes the silly animated gifs you post in every thread instead of actually providing factual information about the topic at hand.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
hahaha. we're pretty good at abusing stuff.

mazer, he's talking about you! :)

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Allow me to be the naysayer. This 'Thanks' idea is pointless and you can already see by this thread that it has no value with everybody thanking everybody else for no reason at all. Besides, when I post a thread about seating distances and I get 20 replies that were all valuable, do I hit 'Thanks' for every post?

The rep system is a decent idea that has already gone very wrong for that very reason. To get a high reputation you should have to take a test - not get a 'chicklet' because someone likes the silly animated gifs you post in every thread instead of actually providing factual information about the topic at hand.
Well thank you can go along way and is very rewarding so thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That's what the Chicklets are for? I like the Chicklets better. WTF :eek:
The chicklets are nice, but the new users and some of the seasoned ones don't know how to use them. The thanks thing is right there for all to see, and is connected to the chicklet system as avaserfi mentioned. The thanks thing will give one point to the recipient and I don't think it has limitations like the chicklet system (you have to give credit to a broad amount of posters before you can give it to that same person again, which is kind of bogus and kind of not. People must be governed, all people.).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You got me. I didn't even know about this feature and I'am the site owner. Sadly I don't even have any thanks :(

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief

So does this mean I have to take back the well intended chicklet I gave you? :confused::p I love you, man.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis