Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
SCOTUS overturned the ban on the 14th, 6 to 3-

Wow. Is that ever stupid. I wonder if you dig into the past of these supreme court morons that struck down the ban will dig up some kind of association with NRA.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Not one of America's finer moments. :confused:
For avid gun owners this is hilarious that people are so upset about it and it’s painfully obvious to us that the most upset have very little experience with firearms and zero experience with a bump stock. They are extremely inaccurate (the military almost never use full auto on small arms, it’s only useful for suppressive fire as a tactic to maneuver as a squad) and difficult to use. You need to be very relaxed for it to work properly. A machine gun cycles the bolt, a bump stock cycles the entire firearm around the trigger but it only does so if you are very relaxed and let the recoil cycle the firearm. It is completely useless as a weapon and only minimally useful as a gimmick. Furthermore you can bump fire an AR-15 or AK easily without a bump stock but nobody does it regularly as ammo is very expensive. Your odds of hitting anything more than the side of a hill or the side of a barn are less than stellar. Not to give anyone any ideas but if anti firearms folks wanted to really piss us off they would make bump stocks mandatory as they literally render a semi auto ride useless.

The outrage over bump stocks is an embarrassment to anti firearms folks. It exposes your ignorance and we find it completely comical. Carry on.

edit: bump stocks are the equivalent of cable risers. If you have a semi auto firearm with a 30 round magazine, do you want 30 individual chances of aiming and a high likelihood of hitting your target or do you want a 2 second burst using all your ammo without hitting anything?

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
For avid gun owners this is hilarious that people are so upset about it and it’s painfully obvious to us that the most upset have very little experience with firearms and zero experience with a bump stock. They are extremely inaccurate (the military almost never use full auto on small arms, it’s only useful for suppressive fire as a tactic to maneuver as a squad) and difficult to use. You need to be very relaxed for it to work properly. A machine gun cycles the bolt, a bump stock cycles the entire firearm around the trigger but it only does so if you are very relaxed and let the recoil cycle the firearm. It is completely useless as a weapon and only minimally useful as a gimmick. Furthermore you can bump fire an AR-15 or AK easily without a bump stock but nobody does it regularly as ammo is very expensive. Your odds of hitting anything more than the side of a hill or the side of a barn are less than stellar. Not to give anyone any ideas but if anti firearms folks wanted to really piss us off they would make bump stocks mandatory as they literally render a semi auto ride useless.

The outrage over bump stocks is an embarrassment to anti firearms folks. It exposes your ignorance and we find it completely comical. Carry on.

edit: bump stocks are the equivalent of cable risers. If you have a semi auto firearm with a 30 round magazine, do you want 30 individual chances of aiming and a high likelihood of hitting your target or do you want a 2 second burst using all your ammo without hitting anything?
So if they're completely useless, why permit them in the first place?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So if they're completely useless, why permit them in the first place?
So you think the government should ban things that are useless? Anyway the ban was overturned because the ATF doesn’t have authority to to create laws, no government agency other than Congress can do that. That’s the only reason this SCOTUS ruling was important

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So you think the government should ban things that are useless? Anyway the ban was overturned because the ATF doesn’t have authority to to create laws, no government agency other than Congress can do that. That’s the only reason this SCOTUS ruling was important
It's about $$$$$. Bump stocks are in no way meant for "civilians." It's military, special ops etc. If they even use them.... it comes down to gun culture goofy.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

At some point and distance, 'close enough' is all that's needed and when someone is spraying lead indiscriminately because their brain is broken, do accuracy and the fact that the military doesn't use full auto in most cases really matter?

As I wrote previously, somewhere, bump stocks can be limited to those who need them and were the intended users- people who don't have full use of their hand/arm, but fully able-bodied don't need them.

To be clear, the media over-sensationalism of everything they and theirs want banned is the reason for all of the bitching & moaning about ARs, large cap magazines, bump stocks, etc. Switches for Glocks seem to be used mainly by gang bangers and turds to shoot up houses, make videos and terrorize and they're almost impossible to regulate because of the small size but it's still the idiots who use guns stupidly/carelessly when they can't settle beefs in any other way who are the problem. Well, the court system, too and the link below shows how they're responsible but aren't held accountable-

Chew on this for a minute- "Hughes said MCSO arrested the same person May 20 on a charge of felon in possession of a firearm. Chief Deputy Hughes said that person was out on $750 cash bail at the time of the Washington Park shooting."- this douchebag is 17, so he was 17 when he was arrested last month when he was already a felon in possession of a firearm but it was the judge or court commissioner who set the bail.

This idiot kid doesn't need to be free, again.

Then, there's his 'father'- I saw him on the news, saying "Most times, when I get a call, it's to find out which station he's at" and he seemed OK with it.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
It's about $$$$$. Bump stocks are in no way meant for "civilians." It's military, special ops etc. If they even use them.... it comes down to gun culture goofy.
Bump stocks for military use… hahahahahahaha

Tell me you know absolutely nothing about firearms without telling me you know absolutely nothing about firearms

highfigh

highfigh

The big question involves public safety but again, nothing or nearly nothing is being done to prevent guns reaching the hands of those who shouldn't have access to them and when someone is able to conceal their mental illness, bad things happen.

I have to think that some shooters see media coverage of events committed by others and want attention.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
As I wrote previously, somewhere, bump stocks can be limited to those who need them and were the intended users- people who don't have full use of their hand/arm, but fully able-bodied don't need them.
You are confusing bump stocks with pistol braces. Again the ATF doesn’t have any authority to create laws in this regard, that’s the job of Congress and SCOTUS is correcting these Federal agencies.

highfigh

highfigh

You are confusing bump stocks with pistol braces. Again the ATF doesn’t have any authority to create laws in this regard, that’s the job of Congress and SCOTUS is correcting these Federal agencies.
You're right......still, the Wiki article contains "More modern bump stocks were invented by Slide Fire Solutions founder Jeremiah Cottle as a replacement stock for people who have limited hand mobility."

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This idiot kid doesn't need to be free, again.
And that's the overall HUGE problem in the US court system, be it county and state they let these idiots out with a small bond and later on a slap on the wrist. Lock them up for a few months or years with a huge fine.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The big question involves public safety but again, nothing or nearly nothing is being done to prevent guns reaching the hands of those who shouldn't have access to them and when someone is able to conceal their mental illness, bad things happen.

I have to think that some shooters see media coverage of events committed by others and want attention.
I wholeheartedly agree, we have a mental health crisis in America and banning stuff will do zero to curb the problem. I have first hand experience with mental illness through my medical transportation company. Most patients tell me their counselors spend about 3 minutes talking to them then have them fill out a 10 question worksheet followed by circling the smiley face that best represents how they’re feeling that day. Based on that they change their medication almost weekly, this isn’t how psych meds work. Don’t get me started on the strippers going to methadone clinics trading blowjobs for OxyContin and Ritalin

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

You do know that there are several members of this forum that, unlike you, are military veterans and have posted in this very thread? The latest post by such a member thought that bump stocks should not be legal.

The only embarrassment here is you.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
You do know that there are several members of this forum that, unlike you, are military veterans and have posted in this very thread? The latest post by such a member thought that bump stocks should not be legal.

The only embarrassment here is you.
That’s not even a rational thought, you’re simply expressing your political ideology that the other side of the argument is is wrong without addressing the actual topic.

Military service doesn’t automatically qualify someone to be an expert on firearms but hopefully they would have learned enough from their service to know bump stocks have never and will never be used by any military on earth. They are just for fun and serve no practical purpose. Just because something is fun and serves no practical purpose doesn’t mean that it should be outlawed because you don’t like it.

edit add: I was actually going to go to Annapolis, the Naval Academy, but I got caught in high school with a backpack full of weed. They didn’t have much of a sense of humor back then. Later I attempted to enlist but it was during a military draw down and they were not interested in me. Just for the record

highfigh

highfigh

I wholeheartedly agree, we have a mental health crisis in America and banning stuff will do zero to curb the problem. I have first hand experience with mental illness through my medical transportation company. Most patients tell me their counselors spend about 3 minutes talking to them then have them fill out a 10 question worksheet followed by circling the smiley face that best represents how they’re feeling that day. Based on that they change their medication almost weekly, this isn’t how psych meds work. Don’t get me started on the strippers going to methadone clinics trading blowjobs for OxyContin and Ritalin
Asking someone if they're an addict or mentally ill seems like Stripes, when Bill Murray and Harold Ramis were asked if they were convicted felons- "Convicted? No". It's too easy to lie on the application and because of HIPAA, it's too hard to verify the information. I don't want Big Brother, but we need to prevent the mentally ill gaining access to guns.

Next up, let's talk about the cluelessness of members of local, state and Federal government when it comes to understanding how criminals get their guns. But they know everything! Just ask them.

Why would strippers need to do that? Most of the ones I have met were in law school. :)

highfigh

highfigh

And that's the overall HUGE problem in the US court system, be it county and state they let these idiots out with a small bond and later on a slap on the wrist. Lock them up for a few months or years with a huge fine.
Some want to free criminals from the harsh conditions in prison! They sit on a particular side of the political aisle and apparently, don't believe that criminals should face harsh penalties for violent crimes.

How would they be able to pay huge fines?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That’s not even a rational thought, you’re simply expressing your political ideology that the other side of the argument is is wrong without addressing the actual topic.

Military service doesn’t automatically qualify someone to be an expert on firearms but hopefully they would have learned enough from their service to know bump stocks have never and will never be used by any military on earth. They are just for fun and serve no practical purpose. Just because something is fun and serves no practical purpose doesn’t mean that it should be outlawed because you don’t like it.

edit add: I was actually going to go to Annapolis, the Naval Academy, but I got caught in high school with a backpack full of weed. They didn’t have much of a sense of humor back then. Later I attempted to enlist but it was during a military draw down and they were not interested in me. Just for the record
Q.E.D.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis