Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Marvel has a MASSIVE library of great stories so I don't get why they churn out drivel? The media group is very much disconnected from what put Marvel on the map.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Up until the final episode of Secret Invasion, I was enjoying the show. It wasn't great, but I thought it was decent. As soon as I saw that the last episode was only 38 minutes, I knew they'd rush the ending and it would be $#!+. Happy to say, they didn't disappoint me in that regard.The story line basically went nowhere, and now we have this Mega powerful Skrull that supplants all the heros on the planet. That last episode was terrible. It dropped my overall rating of the show from a solid 6.5 or 7, to a 5/10.

After the poop show that Secret Invasion degenerated into at the end, my expectations for the MCU going forward have plummeted considerably. I'll be buying the 4k UHD of GoTG III tomorrow, maybe that will restore my faith in the MCU.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched GoTG III last night. It was ok. I was definitely expecting more, and less. I thought it would be more emotional, and have a bigger impact, than it was. And it was way too long. It was a bit of a bloated mess, more than half the songs I didn't recognize, and the portrayal of Adam Warlock was terrible IMO. I also expected it to be the end of the Guardians, and it wasn't really. Too much comedy for my liking, and I've usually loved that part of these movies. Oh, and once again a mega powerful being (see Kang in Ant-Man 3) is somehow taken down way way too easily at the end of the movie. Made no sense. Overall, I'll give it a 6/10, but if I'm being honest it's closer to a 5.5

So far, Phase 5 has started out with a whimper more than a bang.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Watched GoTG III last night. It was ok. I was definitely expecting more, and less. I thought it would be more emotional, and have a bigger impact, than it was. And it was way too long. It was a bit of a bloated mess, more than half the songs I didn't recognize, and the portrayal of Adam Warlock was terrible IMO. I also expected it to be the end of the Guardians, and it wasn't really. Too much comedy for my liking, and I've usually loved that part of these movies. Oh, and once again a mega powerful being (see Kang in Ant-Man 3) is somehow taken down way way too easily at the end of the movie. Made no sense. Overall, I'll give it a 6/10, but if I'm being honest it's closer to a 5.5

So far, Phase 5 has started out with a whimper more than a bang.
Yep...It was OK.
The music, as you noted was god awful....what was all that crap ?
And the whole notion that the big baddie created an alternate Earth ? That might be accepted in a comic book, but when you show it in a movie...your big baddie just became a God.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I just noticed GOTG 3 is now available to me on cable. I'm going to have to check it out. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just noticed GOTG 3 is now available to me on cable. I'm going to have to check it out. :)
It was OK. Better than Antman, which isn't that hard to do, but still not great. I realize he was trying to wrap some things up, but it felt longer than it needed to be.

The mouse just cancelled or delayed indefinitely a few upcoming Marvel films. Deadpool 3 indefinite hold. Blade indefinite hold. Captain America 4 hold. All mainly due to the strike they claim, but I think we also know they've produced some real trash recently too and now would be a good time to put some effort in.

Yep...It was OK.
The music, as you noted was god awful....what was all that crap ?
And the whole notion that the big baddie created an alternate Earth ? That might be accepted in a comic book, but when you show it in a movie...your big baddie just became a God.
More or less the same thing as Kang lol. Seems they're short on ideas.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It was OK. Better than Antman, which isn't that hard to do, but still not great. I realize he was trying to wrap some things up, but it felt longer than it needed to be.

The mouse just cancelled or delayed indefinitely a few upcoming Marvel films. Deadpool 3 indefinite hold. Blade indefinite hold. Captain America 4 hold. All mainly due to the strike they claim, but I think we also know they've produced some real trash recently too and now would be a good time to put some effort in.

More or less the same thing as Kang lol. Seems they're short on ideas.
Thanks for the info. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Still trying to finish the Mavel series of DD, Powerman, Defenders etc. I did manage to finish the Defenders.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And all the animated shows are available on Disney. Months of viewing for peeps who have never watched these live.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I watched Loki S2E1 only because I thought they were going to rip off the incredible series 12 Monkeys like they ripped off The Umbrella Academy last season.

The episode was called "Ouroboros", which is critical to 12 Monkeys.
While it wasn't a ripoff of 12 Monkeys (yet), it was as stupid as last season...I will pass on the rest.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I appreciated it moving along quickly. “Secret Invasion” nearly killed me. It was slow and awful. Over in the “Stars Wars” section of Disney+, “Ahsoka” is also getting on my nerves. For f#%k’s sake, move it along!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, “The Marvels” was a bust. Horribly written and the tone was all over the place. I’m over the mess they made when they shoehorned Captain Marvel into the MCU. Shame, coulda’ had somethin ‘ there but they can’t actually tell a story anymore without indulging themselves and f#%kin’ it up. That s#%t started with “End Game.”

Anyway, went to the movies today to see “Madame Web.” No, not technically part of the MCU, or is it?;) Everybody is racing to sh#%t on this one. It’s hardly the worst movie ever made and I kinda’ liked it. I’d actually watch it again and that’s more than I can say for “The Marvels,” “Eternals” or “Wakanda Forever.” Oh, and “Secret Invasion.”:eek: Anyway, on to “Deadpool & Wolverine” and hoping they fix, well, EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, “The Marvels” was a bust. Horribly written and the tone was all over the place. I’m over the mess they made when they shoehorned Captain Marvel into the MCU. Shame, coulda’ had somethin ‘ there but they can’t actually tell a story anymore without indulging themselves and f#%kin’ it up. That s#%t started with “End Game.”

Anyway, went to the movies today to see “Madame Web.” No, not technically part of the MCU, or is it?;) Everybody is racing to sh#%t on this one. It’s hardly the worst movie ever made and I kinda’ liked it. I’d actually watch it again and that’s more than I can say for “The Marvels,” “Eternals” or “Wakanda Forever.” Oh, and “Secret Invasion.”:eek: Anyway, on to “Deadpool & Wolverine” and hoping they fix, well, EVERYTHING.
I couldn’t take The Marvels either.

I’ll give Madame Web a try.

And hells yeah I can’t wait for Deadpool and Wolverine. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I couldn’t take The Marvels either.

I’ll give Madame Web a try.

And hells yeah I can’t wait for Deadpool and Wolverine. :D
Madame Web, if not for the "eye candy", would be unwatchable. It's as bad as Morbius with attractive women. I would not waste the money.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Madame Web, if not for the "eye candy", would be unwatchable. It's as bad as Morbius with attractive women. I would not waste the money.
These production studios just keep on knocking off movies from other like films. Its not working they are getting worst.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well the Marvels are now available to me on cable. I'll watch it but I don't have high expectations.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
The Marvels sucked @ss. I gave it a 5/10, but that included the end credits scene. Take that out, and it's a 4/10. I even liked the first Captain Marvel movie and Ms Marvel on Disney +. But this movie was not good. Deadpool and Wolverine better knock it the f@<% out of the park.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis