D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Non-violent threats mind you. We're not like the left LOL. I liked the politician who said it isn't necessarily Jordan's fault. Uh it's his people LOL.
There was another piece I saw where one politician was dumb founded because "2" people in the House mentioned Jordan's past. I think Jordan tries to cut a deal with the Dems or somehow tries and cuts the 22 who didn't go along with him.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think when one of the wrestlers flipped their testimony on Jordan to postive is when I thought hmmm............when they were saying stuff like he can be trusted LOL.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
'Gym Shorts' Jordan fails again – vows to go for best two out of three?!?

Jordan fails on third ballot as Republican opposition to his speakership grows
Jordan lost a third vote this week as opposition to his nomination grew from 20 GOP defections to 22 and now 25. It is unclear how Republicans will proceed as the House remains unable to conduct any business without an elected speaker.

The final tally was 210 votes for House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, 194 for Jordan and 25 for other Republicans.
Jim Jordan fails to win House speakership in third vote

In wrestling, the referee calls the outcome of the match, not the looser.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A Republican from Florida said the blame is on 208 Democrats and 8 Republicans. Like we're some of the Dems suppose to vote for Jordan? I don't get it.

Edit: he may have been referring to McCarthy. Not sure.
1697823086042.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Jordan is no longer the Republican nominee for Speaker.

>>>In a shocking turn, Jim Jordan on Friday lost an internal GOP vote that was intended to show confidence in him remaining as his party’s speaker designee.

The Ohio Republican is now no longer his party's pick to lead the House. The GOP’s secret ballot vote took place just after Jordan’s third failed floor vote as a speaker hopeful.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

>>>In a shocking turn, Jim Jordan on Friday lost an internal GOP vote that was intended to show confidence in him remaining as his party’s speaker designee.

The Ohio Republican is now no longer his party's pick to lead the House. The GOP’s secret ballot vote took place just after Jordan’s third failed floor vote as a speaker hopeful.<<<

Liked the part about a public vote no more than 25 voted against Jordan. A secret ballot and 122 voted against.:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This beer is for the 10-15% who didn't vote for Jordan in the early rounds.;)
1697843983504.png

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Liked the part about a public vote no more than 25 voted against Jordan. A secret ballot and 122 voted against.:)
That says a lot about how much intimidation was happening behind the scenes in the House GOP.

Based on what numerous House GOP members said Friday after that secret ballot vote, it does seem like 'Gym Shorts' Jordan was behind the the threats and intimidation, and that it was his standard way doing things. He may have used proxies who phoned in the death threats, but when he ran for Speaker of the House, the rising numbers of GOP opposition indicated that Jordan was widely regarded and hated as the enforcer of the GOP right-wing. Over 16 years in the House, he never sponsored any legislation that passed, but he became the right wing's go-to thug & bully. That's quite the record.

"Democrats say government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. Republicans say government doesn’t work. Once elected, they prove it." Gym Shorts Jordan is the poster boy for that.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Also this bit hahaha....

“Unbelievable.” said Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.), a longtime Jordan backer. “We lost a real conservative that could have been a speaker."

Me: But he's a slimeball.:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Also this bit hahaha....

“Unbelievable.” said Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.), a longtime Jordan backer. “We lost a real conservative that could have been a speaker."

Me: But he's a slimeball.:)
:D
Don't forget, lots out there like slimeballs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's the battle of the less slimy vs the more slimy in the GOP these days....such a clown car.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
After the events of last week, the halls of Congress were relatively quiet this weekend … except for restocking.
Pies + Clowns.jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I actually agree with some of the sentiments from Gaetz and MTG. Reducing spending etc. But it's like the rep who said we finally have a "real" conservative. Seems like the Trump era has made people more stupid. You can behave like a twat all you want, and there shouldn't be any repercussions. Then the reps are left wondering why they lose. Or just don't care.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I actually agree with some of the sentiments from Gaetz and MTG. Reducing spending etc. But it's like the rep who said we finally have a "real" conservative. Seems like the Trump era has made people more stupid. You can behave like a twat all you want, and there shouldn't be any repercussions. Then the reps are left wondering why they lose. Or just don't care.
In a recent op-ed Krugman argues for reducing the budget deficit but think it's not that likely that politicians will do it. Worth reading the article as there is much I did not quote. Perhaps even for you, @Mikado463?

>>>Amid terrible events abroad and the takeover of the Republican Party by agents of chaos, the U.S. economy has been delivering lots of good news. All indications are that real G.D.P. is still growing fast; we’re adding jobs at an extraordinary pace, even as inflation continues to fall.

There is, however, one piece of the economic picture that’s worrisome: Long-term interest rates have gone up a lot since early 2022, especially over the past six months. (I’ll talk about the break-even rate in a minute.) This spike in long-term rates is problematic in a couple of ways. It’s not a crisis, at least not yet. But in a better world we’d be taking action to bring interest rates down in a sustainable way. In particular, now would be a good time to rein in budget deficits. [bold added]
To make room for lower interest rates, then, we would need to take some heat out of the economy in another way — most obviously by reducing the budget deficit, which is very high for an economy close to full employment.
So while we needn’t panic over budget deficits, a lower deficit would really help with economic management right now.

But it isn’t going to happen.
Social Security, health care and other safety net programs accounted for most government spending. Add military spending and interest payments, and what’s left — NDD, for “nondefense discretionary” spending — is a small slice of the total. Furthermore, NDD has been squeezed by past austerity. So there’s no possibility for major spending cuts unless we slash programs that are extremely popular. [bold added]
The point is that the economics of deficit reduction are straightforward. It can be accomplished either by reducing social benefits or by raising taxes. Given that America has weak social spending compared with other countries, taxes are the most plausible route. But I don’t see any plausible political path to a tax increase that would make a large dent in the deficit.

So serious deficit reduction, a bad idea a decade ago, is a good idea now. [bold added] But I see no way to make it happen.<<<

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
An election denier was elected Speaker of the House. I guess there’s no so-called moderate Republicans left, or they just enjoy being rolled over.

>>>The Republican-led House elected Rep. Mike Johnson as the new House speaker on Wednesday – a major leadership change that comes three weeks after the historic ouster of Kevin McCarthy. Johnson, a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump and a key congressional figure in the failed efforts to overturn the 2020 election, will now take the reins of the bitterly divided House Republican majority and faces the looming threat of a government shutdown next month. …<<<

>>>… First elected in 2016, Johnson will be the least experienced House speaker in decades. He is best known as the author of an unsuccessful appeal by 126 House Republicans to get the Supreme Court to overturn election results in states that Trump had lost in the 2020 presidential election. …<<<

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
An election denier was elected Speaker of the House. I guess there’s no so-called moderate Republicans left, or they just enjoy being rolled over.

>>>The Republican-led House elected Rep. Mike Johnson as the new House speaker on Wednesday – a major leadership change that comes three weeks after the historic ouster of Kevin McCarthy. Johnson, a vocal supporter of former President Donald Trump and a key congressional figure in the failed efforts to overturn the 2020 election, will now take the reins of the bitterly divided House Republican majority and faces the looming threat of a government shutdown next month. …<<<

>>>… First elected in 2016, Johnson will be the least experienced House speaker in decades. He is best known as the author of an unsuccessful appeal by 126 House Republicans to get the Supreme Court to overturn election results in states that Trump had lost in the 2020 presidential election. …<<<

Figures they'd pick Johnson.:rolleyes:

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In a recent op-ed Krugman argues for reducing the budget deficit but think it's not that likely that politicians will do it. Worth reading the article as there is much I did not quote. Perhaps even for you, @Mikado463?

>>>Amid terrible events abroad and the takeover of the Republican Party by agents of chaos, the U.S. economy has been delivering lots of good news. All indications are that real G.D.P. is still growing fast; we’re adding jobs at an extraordinary pace, even as inflation continues to fall.

There is, however, one piece of the economic picture that’s worrisome: Long-term interest rates have gone up a lot since early 2022, especially over the past six months. (I’ll talk about the break-even rate in a minute.) This spike in long-term rates is problematic in a couple of ways. It’s not a crisis, at least not yet. But in a better world we’d be taking action to bring interest rates down in a sustainable way. In particular, now would be a good time to rein in budget deficits. [bold added]
To make room for lower interest rates, then, we would need to take some heat out of the economy in another way — most obviously by reducing the budget deficit, which is very high for an economy close to full employment.
So while we needn’t panic over budget deficits, a lower deficit would really help with economic management right now.

But it isn’t going to happen.
Social Security, health care and other safety net programs accounted for most government spending. Add military spending and interest payments, and what’s left — NDD, for “nondefense discretionary” spending — is a small slice of the total. Furthermore, NDD has been squeezed by past austerity. So there’s no possibility for major spending cuts unless we slash programs that are extremely popular. [bold added]
The point is that the economics of deficit reduction are straightforward. It can be accomplished either by reducing social benefits or by raising taxes. Given that America has weak social spending compared with other countries, taxes are the most plausible route. But I don’t see any plausible political path to a tax increase that would make a large dent in the deficit.

So serious deficit reduction, a bad idea a decade ago, is a good idea now. [bold added] But I see no way to make it happen.<<<

Ahhhh, the ole 'other safety net' programs ! SS has been a mis-managed Gov't boondoggle for years, just like the Post Office and the $10,000 toilet seats the military is proud of. Few elected politicians are or were competent business managers IMO.

Yes the point of deficit reduction starts with ALL aspects of fiscal responsibility. Would you run your household in such a manner ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis