Aw, gee, too bad for MQA

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
MQA is really a snake oil product, It produces nothing and survived by licensing to sites like Tidal, Now Tidal has dropped MQA and has reverted to a non-Tidal download .
MQA yearly income is close to 600 thousand per year, and this can't sustain employment to it's staff. Let alone make any sort of profit, In the long term

More information on WBF and AS And again here https://insolvencyintel.co.uk/mqa-limited/

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
MQA is really a snake oil product, It produces nothing and survived by licensing to sites like Tidal, Now Tidal has dropped MQA and has reverted to a non-Tidal download .
MQA yearly income is close to 600 thousand per year, and this can't sustain employment to it's staff. Let alone make any sort of profit, In the long term

More information on WBF and AS And again here https://insolvencyintel.co.uk/mqa-limited/
It would be nice if someone can/will compile a list of all available lossless (from 16b/44.1 kHz and up) master titles that include disc media and files. I would be willing to pay for the ability to view the list (need to be protected obviously) if it gets updated periodically. I have no idea why Tidal can survive either, I tried it for a month and they seemed buggy, yet support is virtually nil.

Last edited:
mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
lets not get of subject .Gent's We're talking about MQA NOTHING else

And on that subject DAC chip manufacturers have dropped production of MQA enabled chips..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
lets not get of subject .Gent's We're talking about MQA NOTHING else

And on that subject DAC chip manufacturers have dropped production of MQA enabled chips..
Really! That's another great news! I feel sorry for the workers affected but it's time to move from such semi snake products. (Not totally snaky, because the "master" part is real if done in total honesty as it affects recording/mastering quality.)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So... Tidal dropped MQA? Better let the folks at Tidal know!
Tidal.jpg

Screenshot of the app I just opened just now...

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Tidal dropped MQA? Better let the folks at Tidal know!
Better wait until the insolvency goes through, and bankruptcy is declared together with the list of creditors. To date nothings been started let alone finalised. This could take anywhere between two and five years to complete
As far as Tidal goes , they will simply, remove or fail to renew the MQA licence, and carry on as they did before MQA arrived on the scene. While Chip manufacturers will simply delete the MQA algrathem. from the DAC software / chips

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Better wait until the insolvency goes through, and bankruptcy is declared together with the list of creditors. To date nothings been started let alone finalised. This could take anywhere between two and five years to complete
As far as Tidal goes , they will simply, remove or fail to renew the MQA licence, and carry on as they did before MQA arrived on the scene. While Chip manufacturers will simply delete the MQA algrathem. from the DAC software / chips
I'm confused - you said, "Now Tidal has dropped MQA and has reverted to a non-Tidal download". That has not happened.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
I'm confused
You got that right, I said what they will do, NOT what they have done. Take a bit of time and read it again.

For all anyone knows they could have a buyer in the wings, Winding up a company via bankruptcy is a very complex thing which takes time.

In the future MQA will simply go the same ay as SACD and DVD-Audio. It was never going to be a viable enterprise, with only Tidal. While licencing
fee's are a small remuneration. there is a limit to what that entails, Some DAC manufacturers have taken up the MQA licence many have not.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You got that right, I said what they will do, NOT what they have done. Take a bit of time and read it again.

For all anyone knows they could have a buyer in the wings, Winding up a company via bankruptcy is a very complex thing which takes time.

In the future MQA will simply go the same ay as SACD and DVD-Audio. It was never going to be a viable enterprise, with only Tidal. While licencing
fee's are a small remuneration. there is a limit to what that entails, Some DAC manufacturers have taken up the MQA licence many have not.
Oh I read it again: "MQA is really a snake oil product, It produces nothing and survived by licensing to sites like Tidal, Now Tidal has dropped MQA and has reverted to a non-Tidal download ." Is english your native language? Your writing often makes me think otherwise (like that "sentence"). However, you do make the statement as if it has already happened....you need to read it again perhaps.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Now Tidal has dropped MQA and has reverted to a non-Tidal download ."
Not quite correct, But I can see your trying hard to understand. If and when bankruptcy applies, MQA will simply not exist. There-for it's plain to understand for most people, that you can't access or use something which no longer exists.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not quite correct, But I can see your trying hard to understand. If and when bankruptcy applies, MQA will simply not exist. There-for it's plain to understand for most people, that you can't access or use something which no longer exists.
Pathetic response, but normal for you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Curious, did you think you actually amended/edited your response or just lied about it as if that somehow means something aside from your poor grip on reality?

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Your the last person to comment on reality. boy. All you do is disrupt threads, with your endless waffle about nothing, Might just be time to grow up....And don't bother replying your in the blocked bin.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
He's pointing out a grammatical error in that sentence. That's okay, you have clarified what you tried to say already, everyone can calm down. The world would have been totally peaceful if people tried harder to understand each other especially among those who don't speak the same native language.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your the last person to comment on reality. boy. All you do is disrupt threads, with your endless waffle about nothing, Might just be time to grow up....And don't bother replying your in the blocked bin.
LOL you just don't get it. Go back to WBF and Audiogon, there are more like you there....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
He's pointing out a grammatical error in that sentence. That's okay, you have clarified what you tried to say already, everyone can calm down. The world would have been totally peaceful if people tried harder to understand each other especially among those who don't speak the same native language.
You'd think an Australian could speak english, or at least understand it, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis