highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Isn't it time to just take him out?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't it time to just take him out?

I do every time I step onto a sporting clays course, envisioning every clay target with his face on it ! :p

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I ran across this article written by Boris Nemtsov in 2014, shortly before he was assassinated in 2015.

The statement that Putin needs to stay in power until his death is consistent with other reports I've heard.

>>>Ukraine became an example of an anti-criminal revolution, which overthrew a thieving president. Oh so you dared to get out onto the street and throw off a president? Ukraine needs to be punished for it to make sure that no Russian would gets these thoughts.

Moreover, Ukraine chose the European way, which implies the rule of law, democracy and change of power. Ukraine’s success on this way is a direct threat to Putin’s power because he chose the opposite course – a lifetime in power, filled with arbitrariness and corruption.

Now, to make sure he does not end up behind bars for violating the constitution of the Russian Federation because sending troops to a foreign state without the approval of the Federation Council of Russia, as well as the violation of Russia’s international obligations on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, Putin does not leave himself any maneuvers except to stay in power until his death.

So his behavior looks like madness, but in fact it’s a cold strategy for lifelong despotism.<<< (emphasis added).

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Here is a drone film on it's way to destroy a Russian A-50 Mainstay airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft in Belarus. The clip stops when the drone lands on the aircraft and explodes.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here is a drone film on it's way to destroy a Russian A-50 Mainstay airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft in Belarus. The clip stops when the drone lands on the aircraft and explodes.

The Drive has several articles about these drone attacks. I have not been able to find any reliable reports that the drones did or did not do any damage.

If nothing else, the videos are interesting.

>>>Whether the claimed drone strikes really did inflict any damage on the A-50 remains unclear for now. But the significance of the operation is beyond doubt. It would seem likely that, as partisan networks develop, similar attacks will be attempted against other Russian military and infrastructure targets. It will be interesting to see what, if any, measures Russia begins to take to protect itself from this decidedly asymmetric type of threat.<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The Drive has several articles about these drone attacks. I have not been able to find any reliable reports that the drones did or did not do any damage.

If nothing else, the videos are interesting.

>>>Whether the claimed drone strikes really did inflict any damage on the A-50 remains unclear for now. But the significance of the operation is beyond doubt. It would seem likely that, as partisan networks develop, similar attacks will be attempted against other Russian military and infrastructure targets. It will be interesting to see what, if any, measures Russia begins to take to protect itself from this decidedly asymmetric type of threat.<<<

I hazard a guess that an explosion that close to the radar and other sensitive electronics must have made it at least temporarily out of service. The plane might fly but not do anything it’s supposed to do.

One site claimed there where satellites photo corroborating this but have no links.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The source is "Russian news agency Tass". :rolleyes: And a quick googling shows that is from an unhinged poster from which you happily swallow anything.

This is just Russian propaganda and lies, but like Trump, you rather believe Putin than your own intelligence agencies.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I had expected Bakhmut to fall because the Russians had been (reportedly) gaining some ground by throwing their troops into the meat grinder. Here's one example of a recent report suggesting that it would make sense for Ukraine to pull out of Bakhmut.

However, according to the UK Ministry of Defense, Ukraine has apparently been able to halt the Russians.

This is consistent with NYT reporting:

>>>KYIV, Ukraine — Ukraine’s top generals want to bolster the defenses of the embattled eastern city of Bakhmut, the government said Monday, signaling that rather than retreat from the city, they will pursue a strategy of bleeding the Russian army in a battle of attrition before a planned Ukrainian counterattack. . . . In seesaw fighting on the city’s artillery-blasted streets and nearby villages and farm fields, the losses on both sides have been staggering, in the longest sustained Russian assault since the invasion last year. Gradual Russian advances have led some Ukrainian officials in recent weeks to hint at the possibility of a retreat to avoid encirclement, but Ukrainian assault brigades went on the attack over the weekend and appeared to push back Russian forces. . . . No independent count of the dead and wounded has been possible, and each side is seen as inflating the other’s losses while concealing its own. Over the weekend, the secretary of Ukraine’s national security council, Oleksiy Danilev, asserted that Russia’s loses in attacking entrenched positions were seven times Ukraine’s. . . . But Ukraine, with a population one-third of Russia’s, is less able to absorb the losses, and is trading the lives of experienced soldiers for those of Russian ex-convicts whose Wagner commanders often treat as expendable.<<<

I do not envy anyone on the ground in that area.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
and how many more billions are we going to pour in there ??

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The NYT is reporting that a Pro-Ukrainian group is suspected of sabotaging the NordStream pipelines. The article stresses that their sources stated that there is much that is not known.

>>>New intelligence reviewed by U.S. officials suggests that a pro-Ukrainian group carried out the attack on the Nord Stream pipelines last year . . . U.S. officials said that they had no evidence President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine or his top lieutenants were involved in the operation, or that the perpetrators were acting at the direction of any Ukrainian government officials. . . . U.S. officials said there was much they did not know about the perpetrators and their affiliations.

Some initial U.S. and European speculation centered on possible Russian culpability, especially given its prowess in undersea operations, though it is unclear what motivation the Kremlin would have in sabotaging the pipelines given that they have been an important source of revenue and a means for Moscow to exert influence over Europe. . . . U.S. officials say they have not found any evidence of involvement by the Russian government in the attack.

Officials who have reviewed the intelligence said they believed the saboteurs were most likely Ukrainian or Russian nationals, or some combination of the two. U.S. officials said no American or British nationals were involved. . . . The explosives were most likely planted with the help of experienced divers who did not appear to be working for military or intelligence services, U.S. officials who have reviewed the new intelligence said. But it is possible that the perpetrators received specialized government training in the past. . .

Officials said there were still enormous gaps in what U.S. spy agencies and their European partners knew about what transpired. . . .<<< (emphasis added)

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Boy if that doesn't sound like a fiscally irresponsible Liberal talking ! ;)
I volunteered my dad as the sponsor of my 4th Grade softball team. He did it, but he made it very clear that I should have asked, first.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

and how many more billions are we going to pour in there ??
Zero. Let us just accept that Russia will rebuild their old empire and then some, all the way to Spain, Portugal and London.
Then, might as well tell Taiwan you are on your own.
Better start learning Chinese and Russian.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis