In other news (oh gawd!)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
WTF? Women have been tossed from Disneyland for being 'nippley' without being a workplace accident waiting to happen (getting a bit close to the chop saw blade).

Rachel Leland Levine, assistant secretary of health

View attachment 57875
What a hottie ! and to think 'it' was our health czar here in Pa before going to Washington......

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hopefully not to get too caught up in the silliness of it but something of an explanation from the legal side. Funny the bottom sentence says the dress code applies to students but nothing about teachers. I'm guessing the school hired her before the transition hence the problem for them (albeit they're not fighting it). Plus the law "gender expression" probably gives them legal problems. I'd be stunned if they hired with huge boobs. Another link implied the transition took place over a year ago.

However, the first news outlet to cover the affair was the Canadian feminist site Reduxxx.

In a recent letter to parents, Oakville Trafalgar confirmed the video’s authenticity, but implied that it’s illegal to even suggest that the garb may be inappropriate, equating the teacher’s controversial decision to wear oversized prosthetic breasts with the right to identify as transgender.

“Gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code,” it read. “We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate to our community that we are committed to establishing and maintaining a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming learning and working environment for all students and staff.”

Statements to media by the Halton District School Board said much the same. HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth told Postmedia that the board is “creating a safety plan” to ensure that the teachers’ “gender rights” will be upheld.

If the case is generating international attention, it’s in part because it’s occurring as a result of Canadian self-ID laws regarding gender expression – laws that are notably not the norm in the majority of U.S. states.

Ten years ago, the Province of Ontario would only recognize someone’s gender transition if they could provide a note from a physician proving that they had undergone sexual reassignment surgery.

But a 2012 decision by the Ontario Human Rights Commission ruled that this requirement was discriminatory, and ordered that the province “shall cease requiring transgendered persons to have ‘transsexual surgery’ in order to obtain a change in sex designation on their registration of birth.”

Ever since, this has meant that an Ontarian’s legal gender is now determined exclusively by personal choice.

“The law recognizes that everyone has the right to self-identify their gender and that ‘misgendering’ is a form of discrimination,” reads an official explainer on the website of the Ontario Human Rights Commission. The Commission acknowledges that this requires some abrogation of the right to freedom of expression but that “no right is absolute.”

These laws were expanded in 2016 to apply at the federal level. Following the passage of Bill C-16, “gender expression” became a protected category under the Canadian Human Rights Act.

The Halton District School Board’s standing rules on gender expression – drafted in the wake of the 2012 decision – hold that students and staff are required to immediately affirm the chosen gender identity of any students or staff.

This includes using an individual’s preferred pronouns, “including ‘they’, ‘zhe’, ‘ze’, ‘hir’ and/or any other pronoun sets” and allowing students to “to use the change room that is the most gender affirming.” The guidelines note that the accommodations are not optional, and that “gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.”

Unmentioned is the school’s protocol in instances where the rules on gender expression may conflict with rules governing other conduct.

While the school’s dress code states that Oakville Trafalgar students must be permitted to dress in a way that expresses their “self-identified gender,” they must also refrain from wearing clothing that “exposes or makes visible genitals and nipples.”

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hopefully not to get too caught up in the silliness of it but something of an explanation from the legal side. Funny the bottom sentence says the dress code applies to students but nothing about teachers. I'm guessing the school hired her before the transition hence the problem for them (albeit they're not fighting it). Plus the law "gender expression" probably gives them legal problems. I'd be stunned if they hired with huge boobs. Another link implied the transition took place over a year ago.

However, the first news outlet to cover the affair was the Canadian feminist site Reduxxx.

In a recent letter to parents, Oakville Trafalgar confirmed the video’s authenticity, but implied that it’s illegal to even suggest that the garb may be inappropriate, equating the teacher’s controversial decision to wear oversized prosthetic breasts with the right to identify as transgender.

“Gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code,” it read. “We would like to take this opportunity to reiterate to our community that we are committed to establishing and maintaining a safe, caring, inclusive, equitable and welcoming learning and working environment for all students and staff.”

Statements to media by the Halton District School Board said much the same. HDSB Chair Margo Shuttleworth told Postmedia that the board is “creating a safety plan” to ensure that the teachers’ “gender rights” will be upheld.

If the case is generating international attention, it’s in part because it’s occurring as a result of Canadian self-ID laws regarding gender expression – laws that are notably not the norm in the majority of U.S. states.

Ten years ago, the Province of Ontario would only recognize someone’s gender transition if they could provide a note from a physician proving that they had undergone sexual reassignment surgery.

But a 2012 decision by the Ontario Human Rights Commission ruled that this requirement was discriminatory, and ordered that the province “shall cease requiring transgendered persons to have ‘transsexual surgery’ in order to obtain a change in sex designation on their registration of birth.”

Ever since, this has meant that an Ontarian’s legal gender is now determined exclusively by personal choice.

“The law recognizes that everyone has the right to self-identify their gender and that ‘misgendering’ is a form of discrimination,” reads an official explainer on the website of the Ontario Human Rights Commission. The Commission acknowledges that this requires some abrogation of the right to freedom of expression but that “no right is absolute.”

These laws were expanded in 2016 to apply at the federal level. Following the passage of Bill C-16, “gender expression” became a protected category under the Canadian Human Rights Act.

The Halton District School Board’s standing rules on gender expression – drafted in the wake of the 2012 decision – hold that students and staff are required to immediately affirm the chosen gender identity of any students or staff.

This includes using an individual’s preferred pronouns, “including ‘they’, ‘zhe’, ‘ze’, ‘hir’ and/or any other pronoun sets” and allowing students to “to use the change room that is the most gender affirming.” The guidelines note that the accommodations are not optional, and that “gender identity and gender expression are protected grounds under the Ontario Human Rights Code.”

Unmentioned is the school’s protocol in instances where the rules on gender expression may conflict with rules governing other conduct.

While the school’s dress code states that Oakville Trafalgar students must be permitted to dress in a way that expresses their “self-identified gender,” they must also refrain from wearing clothing that “exposes or makes visible genitals and nipples.”
How many women and female students have been told, not asked, to cover their 'high beams'? They're often told that a tube top isn't appropriate and that skirts/shorts are too short.

I think those kids who are being forced to see this POS are going to be emotionally scarred.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How many women and female students have been told, not asked, to cover their 'high beams'? They're often told that a tube top isn't appropriate and that skirts/shorts are too short.
Way, way too often they've been told that! And when they're raped it's their fault as well. Edit: I meant that they where blamed for the rape, not that it was their fault.

I think those kids who are being forced to see this POS are going to be emotionally scarred.
Assuming the story and picture is not fake, which I'm not convinced of at all of that.

Very large breasts is a medical condition that many women suffers from, but in this case (again, assuming it's true) I find it offensive for the obvious intent of it.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Way, way too often they've been told that! And when they're raped it's their fault as well.

Assuming the story and picture is not fake, which I'm not convinced of at all of that.

Very large breasts is a medical condition that many women suffers from, but in this case (again, assuming it's true) I find it offensive for the obvious intent of it.
Part 1 second half, rarely their fault. It's amazing that more than 10% of American women have been sexually assaulted/raped and it wasn't really well-known for far too long.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Part 1 second half, rarely their fault. It's amazing that more than 10% of American women have been sexually assaulted/raped and it wasn't really well-known for far too long.
I meant the women where blamed for it, not that it where their fault. Looking at my post I can see that it was badly worded. I edited my post for clarification.

highfigh

highfigh

I meant the women where blamed for it, not that it where their fault. Looking at my post I can see that it was badly worded. I edited my post for clarification.
I know what you meant- the ones who blame them are usually the kind of turd who think that every woman on Earth wants them- narcissists. I was involved with someone who was raped and she was willing to talk about it- it's one of the reasons I find people to be a huge disappointment because they could be so much better humans. I have heard guys say "She wanted it" and someone I worked with was really proud of himself for 'convincing' a woman, even though she didn't want to . She attempted suicide not long after. I wouldn't piss on that guy if he was on fire.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Little I've seen Margaret Brennan is great. Atlanta Federal Reservist is getting straight questions. Then she pulls up a stat that says while the rest of the country thinks the economy is bad, GA thinks it's better hahaha. There's just no way I could see Brennan being a host on either Fox or CNN. Basically the demand is high but supply is low, so the fed rep says we should curtail demand if I heard that correctly LOL. With our policies. Just seems to me like you let the free market do its thing.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Oh boy. 7% home interest rate coming. One thing that was said is due to covid the home market prices exploded and now the "real" value is 25% less.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Conservative- if you can't articulate what you're conserving, what's the point in identifying yourself as such? (Other than a romance with the past.) I'd recommend just getting rid of the f--king word. What has it ever done for modern Republicans? It has done more harm to them. Liberal, progressive, Democrat-- nothing there in the pronunciation that sounds old. Neutral naybe, but not old. Get rid of it and use Republican, republic, republicanism.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
GOP- another word that needs to be done away with. What Einstein decided "old" was a brandable word? I get you were trying to express you've been around for 200 years, but it's absolutely patooie to the young. Grand "Longevity" Party is much better. But conservatives love this stuff. Just lie and say nah never heard the word conservatives. The young will learn what the words traditional, history, and heritage are in good time. But jeez, you don't broadcast the crud.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Name me one aging person that wants to behave like they're old. Yet the word conservative does that and then some.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Name me one aging person that wants to behave like they're old. Yet the word conservative does that and then some.
may not want to but man those first couple of steps in the morning remind me ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I noticed while looking at headlines there was an ad for Trump precious metals. It would be like the regular quarter but with Trump on it. The silver was around $35 while the gold only $570.:D

highfigh

highfigh

GOP- another word that needs to be done away with. What Einstein decided "old" was a brandable word? I get you were trying to express you've been around for 200 years, but it's absolutely patooie to the young. Grand "Longevity" Party is much better. But conservatives love this stuff. Just lie and say nah never heard the word conservatives. The young will learn what the words traditional, history, and heritage are in good time. But jeez, you don't broadcast the crud.
The GOP was named in the 1850s- pick someone from the original party. Many adjectives are relative.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A favorite Rand quote of mine. Makes the conservatives look like pooey....

It is certainly irrational to use the “new” as a standard of value, to believe that an idea or a policy is good merely because it is new. But it is much more preposterously irrational to use the “old” as a standard of value, to claim that an idea or a policy is good merely because it is ancient. The “liberals” are constantly asserting that they represent the future, that they are “new,” “progressive,” “forward-looking,” etc. — and they denounce the “conservatives” as old-fashioned representatives of a dead past. The “conservatives” concede it, and thus help the “liberals” to propagate one of today’s most grotesque inversions: collectivism, the ancient, frozen, status society, is offered to us in the name of progress — while capitalism, the only free, dynamic, creative society ever devised, is defended in the name of stagnation.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A favorite Rand quote of mine. Makes the conservatives look like pooey....

It is certainly irrational to use the “new” as a standard of value, to believe that an idea or a policy is good merely because it is new. But it is much more preposterously irrational to use the “old” as a standard of value, to claim that an idea or a policy is good merely because it is ancient. The “liberals” are constantly asserting that they represent the future, that they are “new,” “progressive,” “forward-looking,” etc. — and they denounce the “conservatives” as old-fashioned representatives of a dead past. The “conservatives” concede it, and thus help the “liberals” to propagate one of today’s most grotesque inversions: collectivism, the ancient, frozen, status society, is offered to us in the name of progress — while capitalism, the only free, dynamic, creative society ever devised, is defended in the name of stagnation.
It's not exactly how the real world is, but it's the language of Republicans I'm going with here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis