Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
For the person that uses lamp wire and likes to post in caps, the reason your system doesn't sound like it should is because you turned your cables into an antenna, hope this helps:
Surely Won't sound any better with those Snake Oil cables either. :D My setup sounds Awesome! And I sleep better knowing I didn't get Hooked! :p:cool:. Those synergy speaker cables are junk science bro.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
For the person that uses lamp wire and likes to post in caps, the reason your system doesn't sound like it should is because you turned your cables into an antenna, hope this helps:
So is comedy your daytime job?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Uhhh, so you admit you love I think you are dumb, OK, I'm good with that.
Yes, it tells me all I need to know about you that:
A) you think I'm dumb
and
B) You either lack the knowledge of or completely ignored the rolling eyes emoji implying sarcasm.

edit:

I'll put it in straight terms in the hopes you'll understand it:

I find it quite humorous when people who believe in cable magic think I'M the dumb one. Do you get it now?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is wrong with lamp wire/lamp cord/zip cord if of sufficient gauge for the length/impedance needed? That's just stupid sh*t as my grandfather, a Western Electric EE back in the day, would tell me....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@witchdoctor I often actually think of having valuable input compared to typical western medical "knowledge", so far in this thread not so much....

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Posting in caps is generally considered loud without merit....that's your basis for this? How about the cable nonsense is just that, nonsense?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Yes, it tells me all I need to know about you that:
A) you think I'm dumb
and
B) You either lack the knowledge of or completely ignored the rolling eyes emoji implying sarcasm.

edit:

I'll put it in straight terms in the hopes you'll understand it:

I find it quite humorous when people who believe in cable magic think I'M the dumb one. Do you get it now?
You know initially I found your posts a bit stale, you know name calling, cable troll, yada, yada, yada. Now that I know you like (love) that I think you are dumb I get it, you simply want attention. I am good with that too. At least you don't curse. OK, help me out here. What is YOUR definition of "cable magic". I never used that term in a post, in a sentence, or have seen these "magical" cables. So we don't have a misunderstanding what is a magical cable?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You know initially I found your posts a bit stale, you know name calling, cable troll, yada, yada, yada. Now that I know you like (love) that I think you are dumb I get it, you simply want attention. I am good with that too. At least you don't curse. OK, help me out here. What is YOUR definition of "cable magic". I never used that term in a post, in a sentence, or have seen these "magical" cables. So we don't have a misunderstanding what is a magical cable?
What is your issue with cursing? You get offended when someone calls BS on your pseudo scientific beliefs? Is it because they call them BS or is it because they're calling out your beliefs?

BTW, people who curse are actually fucking smarter than those who don't:

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

This is what I mean by cable magic:

My experience with power components, including cables, is summarized nicely by Danny from GR- Research in this video, the differences are astounding:
You say the differences are "astounding" when you use a different cable. Somehow you can hear a difference that doesn't exist and can't be proven, that's pretty magical. Of course you would never use that phrase because you believe there is a difference.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
I don't find you dumb at all. A little hardheaded, but that's ok. So am I. I'm actually extremely thick when it comes
to one thing. Everything else show me the beef.

Cable Magic? I'll take two quarts, put it on my bill. :);)

I've seen systems you have to wade through. THEY though it was wonderful, I had to agree for the 500.00 they spent Total.
The problem is it looked like the old Russian space station Mir, after it caught on fire. I loved HIS approach to SQ.
He tuned that room with over 50 different Helmholtz resonators. Master M. at AG

Everything was on the cheap but sounded exactly the way he wanted. That is hard to do.

I'm pretty sure he ripped the wire/cable out of an old appliance/motor or something.

Personally I don't care how people get happy as long as they enjoy THEIR system the way they like it.

I'll add it doesn't have the look like a noodle factory behind the scenes or you don't have to use expensive cable to get GREAT result either.
You just have to be patient and route the cable with HT or any system. Cable art is actually kind of fun. My dog thinks so, what a great
helper. JRT. The "White Rabbit" not so much. Good ears though.

The rabbit is a cable tester. Two ears UP is a keeper for cable. One ear down it still needs work, both ears down, it's a tosser.
Smart rabbit. Better ears than most. Nothing bias about that.
Maybe someone is slippin' the rabbit a bribe. Freak Kale, might just tip the scales for a "Two ears UP". LOL

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
What is your issue with cursing? You get offended when someone calls BS on your pseudo scientific beliefs? Is it because they call them BS or is it because they're calling out your beliefs?

BTW, people who curse are actually fucking smarter than those who don't:

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-is-a-sign-of-more-intelligence-not-less-say-scientists

This is what I mean by cable magic:

You say the differences are "astounding" when you use a different cable. Somehow you can hear a difference that doesn't exist and can't be proven, that's pretty magical. Of course you would never use that phrase because you believe there is a difference.
Well, Ok then, I hear a difference, Danny hears a difference, and the Vinyl Attack channel heard a difference when he did a blind test (6:30)and was, yes, "astounded". It isn't magic, I never said it was magic, and none of the guys in the videos said it was magic. You gotta let that s--- go man, people have experiences that are different, get over it.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Well, Ok then, I hear a difference, Danny hears a difference, and the Vinyl Attack channel heard a difference when he did a blind test (6:30)and was, yes, "astounded". It isn't magic, I never said it was magic, and none of the guys in the videos said it was magic.

Of course neither you nor them would consider it magic because you and they believe it made a difference, but these sonic differences that you and they claim to hear don't exist and can't be proven. Are your ears better than the spectrum analyzers that show no difference in signals when using these cables versus a regular cable? Can ANYONE pick out these cables in a double blind test with any sort of accuracy or statistical significance?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Of course neither you nor them would consider it magic because you and they believe it made a difference, but these sonic differences that you and they claim to hear don't exist and can't be proven. Are your ears better than the spectrum analyzers that show no difference in signals when using these cables versus a regular cable? Can ANYONE pick out these cables in a double blind test with any sort of accuracy or statistical significance?
I bet you couldn't pick your own speakers out of a scientific double blind test. I bet you couldn't pick your receiver out of a double blind test. Do you have "scientific" proof any of your gear is statistically better than cheaper gear? Now I think you can see why your posts are dumb, but I ain't gonna block you yet.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I bet you couldn't pick your own speakers out of a scientific double blind test. I bet you couldn't pick your receiver out of a double blind test. Do you have "scientific" proof any of your gear is statistically better than cheaper gear? Now I think you can see why I think your posts are dumb, but I ain't gonna block you yet.
Ahh yes, one of the audiophool's favorite tactics: deflect instead of address the questions.

I can see you think my posts are dumb because they challenge your beliefs and "experiences" and people generally don't like having those things challenged.

I don't need to provide any proof that my gear is better, as I'm not making ridiculous claims about it.

If I could pick out my receiver in a double blind test it would be because it's distorting the signal in some way. I think we can agree that's a bad thing. I bought my receiver because it had the features I wanted, not because I thought it sounded better than a comparably featured receiver from another brand.

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
claim to hear don't exist and can't be proven.
This is the only problem period. Calling anyone a liar on an open forum is a sure sign of bad manners not an abundance of knowledge. That is all you have proven.
No one needs to prove it, they heard it. If you didn't you're money ahead. That is pretty simple. YOU or anybody else doesn't have to be able to hear anything.
BUT, because you're not trained or maybe your hearing is bad or your equipment is a little lacking, you think everyone else is the same or has the same equipment.
You cannot measure fidelity or timbre, you can however measure all the frequencies, timing, and pressure levels.
That is not equal to high quality music.
It may give higher quality sound though.

There is a difference and some think it's all the same. Sound effects from movies and games are not music. Huge difference. A lot of the tools are
close to the same. A different type of Sub, speakers everywhere, TV screens, are they different?

YOU CAN'T know what other are hearing unless you are trained to do just that. Musicians are a great example.
The more they practice the tighter it gets. "Carlos", who sounds like Carlos? Who sounds like Keith, who sounds like Iggy?
Who sounds like Miley Cyrus, Salina Gomez, LOL

I can disagree and never call a soul a phool or a liar, imagine that.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
If you can't "hear it" in a blind test, then you only THINK you hear it.

It's not calling somebody a liar to question what they THINK they hear.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Calling anyone a liar on an open forum is a sure sign of bad manners ... I can disagree and never call a soul a phool or a liar, imagine that.
I wish you would just shut up with all your talk of bad manners. Maybe you've never outright called anyone an audiophool or a liar, but you have heavily implied what you think and that's just as bad if not worse. At least I'm being upfront about what I think instead of veiling it in the pretense of being "well mannered".

Calling people out on BS beliefs is not bad manners.

they heard it. If you didn't you're money ahead. That is pretty simple. YOU or anybody else doesn't have to be able to hear anything.
BUT, because you're not trained or maybe your hearing is bad or your equipment is a little lacking, you think everyone else is the same or has the same equipment.
This is where you're wrong, dead wrong. With outrageous claims (an astonishing SQ improvement!) comes the need for actual, verifiable proof, especially when you try to tell people that they can't hear it because of x, y, and z reasons. Why? Because you will get people coming into the hobby who will see these claims and think "wow, I should get that power cord" and they will then think something is wrong with them or their equipment if they don't hear this "astonishing difference" when in actuality there is no difference to begin with and they could have gotten better results through other means.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Dude, do you realize that your post is an unscientific source as you just described and you want readers to believe that you are an expert? "Once upon a time I was in audio sales" Good luck with that.
Unless you have been in the audio business, you would never have heard as much BS as those of us who have worked in it. It's not new, either- from the time I started selling audio equipment in 1978, I heard crap about this being better than that, this does something better and other dealers making up stories about why the equipment they sold was better than what other dealers sold, even though none of what they said was remotely true. They would answer questions like "What is RMS?" with "It means 'Root, Mean, Square" without any explanation mainly because, in that case, the guy didn't understand it. That particular question was asked by me and the one who gave that answer was one of the owners of the stereo store where I bought my first system. After getting to know him through the years, I learned that he really knew little about what he was selling.

Then, there were the many sales reps who were equally clueless- this hasn't ended and many of those reps are still in the business because they hit the sales numbers wanted by the owners of the businesses, or they formed their own rep firms. When manufacturers make up stories that cause people to spend a lot of money, sales reps pay attention and get involved. I know of one dealer that won an award from Munster Cables for being the highest sales volume dealer for their crap in a single store and then, they bought into the AudioQuest BS, hook line and sinker- they dropped Munster completely.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's BS- the main reason wireless sensors exist is so no cable needs to be installed and that costs far more than peeling off the protective strip from the double-stick tape on the back. This lowers the system cost, people see "I can get a whole alarm system for $50? Sign me up!" and doing it the right way ends. Read the tag line under my posts- "WiFi is for convenience, wired is for performance". When people add a lot of wireless crap to their homes, the performance HAS to suffer- it's similar to being in a room full of people with everyone talking to you at the same time, all competing for your attention.

Interference on wires and cables can be filtered out pretty easily and that happens in the power supply of everything. These devices are also designed with some large areas of their circuit boards that are copper plated- this is called the 'ground plane' and it helps to shield some components and act as an antenna for the noise, sending it to the electrical neutral, which is then grounded at the breaker panel or possibly internally. That means the interference goes away and doesn't affect the circuits. Also, metal cases are used to reduce the signal level of the interference. Once it enters through the power wires, it passes through the power supply and is filtered out in/after rectification.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Well, Ok then, I hear a difference, Danny hears a difference, and the Vinyl Attack channel heard a difference when he did a blind test (6:30)and was, yes, "astounded". It isn't magic, I never said it was magic, and none of the guys in the videos said it was magic. You gotta let that s--- go man, people have experiences that are different, get over it.

No one on AH, is saying You or OHMis, don't have experience in this hobby or your setups are crap. Those synergy cables are bs junk science bro, bottom line.:)

Lovinthehd, NINaudio, both have tons of audio experience in this hobby. They are very credible members on AH as are many other AH members. They both will help anyone with solid advice. That post of mine is a screenshot of that article that I pulled off the web, that's how it was posted in the article with all caps. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis