D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The Doral incident was funny because it was in front of the mic. I remember someone at The Hill replying, OK. I guess we grift right out in the open now. :)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I think one of the defining areas of the Trump era is the decline in standards of the RNP (ie top down). I'll have to vote in the primary and hope enough others do likewise.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought some people who voted for Trump got it early on. They didn't like him as a human being, but they thought he had a better policy. Move forward past 1-6 and all the other examples. There was no he wants to drain the swamp while visiting his courses 266 times. After the revelations on the 6th, you don't say "I like this guy." It all comes across to me as bizarre. You just vote on his policy and leave it at that.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I thought some people who voted for Trump got it early on. They didn't like him as a human being, but they thought he had a better policy. Move forward past 1-6 and all the other examples. There was no he wants to drain the swamp while visiting his courses 266 times. After the revelations on the 6th, you don't say "I like this guy." It all comes across to me as bizarre. You just vote on his policy and leave it at that.
Now we know what they mean by “personal integrity”, “personal responsibility“, “moral living” and so forth.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I think one of the defining areas of the Trump era is the decline in standards of the RNP (ie top down). I'll have to vote in the primary and hope enough others do likewise.
I'm not so sure that the standards have sunk inasmuch as Trump exposed the lack of character so many of them have, and it also exposed what kind of people is dominating the Republican base. I can assure you that I had a much more positive view of GOP before Trump as well as the group "white evangelicals".

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not so sure that the standards have sunk inasmuch as Trump exposed the lack of character so many of them have, and it also exposed what kind of people is dominating the Republican base. I can assure you that I had a much more positive view of GOP before Trump as well as the group "white evangelicals".
I'm sure some already existed, but I think Trump sunk the standards even lower. The amount of conservative talking heads in the media who are losers is large imo.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
After thinking on it think you're right.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
After thinking on it think you're right.
Go have a look at what's happening here in EU and it's not so bright here either. East-European member countries like Hungary and Poland is descending into autocracy with the rest of EU helplessly watching with little to no tools to stop it. Far-right parties (allies of Trump GOP) in other countries are in ascendancy and a threat to our liberal democracies.

This existed before Trump, but for sure he accelerated it and made it "house clean".

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Go have a look at what's happening here in EU and it's not so bright here either. East-European member countries like Hungary and Poland is descending into autocracy with the rest of EU helplessly watching with little to no tools to stop it. Far-right parties (allies of Trump GOP) in other countries are in ascendancy and a threat to our liberal democracies.

This existed before Trump, but for sure he accelerated it and made it "house clean".
Maybe people would be less willing to embrace the far right if the democracies were a bit less 'liberal'. I have seen a lot of backlash because of loose borders in Europe, increased crime, worsening living conditions- it would seem that more balance is needed on your side of the pond, just as it's needed here.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe people would be less willing to embrace the far right if the democracies were a bit less 'liberal'. I have seen a lot of backlash because of loose borders in Europe, increased crime, worsening living conditions- it would seem that more balance is needed on your side of the pond, just as it's needed here.
So, dilute authoritarianism by becoming more authoritarian? Interesting...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Recently Murdoch cut Trump off from Fox coverage. I think some of it had to do with his lawsuits/liability. In another headline, the RNP told Trump if he runs they'll cut his lawyer defense fund. Hopefully all this is true. Yay!:)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Another fav was during the election run when someone said Don't screw up, Joe! Implying the momentum was his to win. Just stand there, wear your mask, and dont say anything stupid. As predicted, Trump imploded. I liked the part where Joe said, Oh would you shut up! :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
...by being a "bit less liberal". So, if authoritarians are given some of what they want, they will drop some of their more extreme ideas?
How is Trudeau working out for you?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis