Webb Space Telescope

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
This is impressive.
Oh man this is gonna be amazing! The things we are gonna learn with this telescope is gonna be mind blowing.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No. We’ve seen enough of Tatooine! :p
OK, I can compromise. But I need a couple more to offer then: Coruscant and Alderaan. Deal?
And, if they cannot find them, then something closer, Vulcan as a backup if it is still there.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
OK, I can compromise. But I need a couple more to offer then: Coruscant and Alderaan. Deal?
And, if they cannot find them, then something closer, Vulcan as a backup if it is still there.
Alderan got blown up, a long time ago...
;)

As for Vulcan... I guess that depends on which timeline we are in? :p

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe we should get 100,000 sigs to NASA
Alderan got blown up, a long time ago...
;)

As for Vulcan... I guess that depends on which timeline we are in? :p
I want remnant evidence to make sure. :D

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Webb's First Images in: 30 days, July 12, 2022

Mark this date on your calendar.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General

We are almost there. I can't wait. How about you?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

We are almost there. I can't wait. How about you?
Presser at 5pm EDT. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This slice of the vast universe covers a patch of sky approximately the size of a grain of sand held at arm’s length by someone on the ground.

One of the aspects I think is so impressive is that you can see how some of the galaxies are warped due to the lensing effect. This is simple in some ways, and mind boggling in others. It will be astounding to see what they come up with on deeper studies!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I realize this is super nit-picky, but the diffraction spikes do detract from the images somewhat. I don't always look at images of the distant universe, but when I do I prefer for the images to be free of diffraction spikes (super lame attempt at humor alert)

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Very excited to see not only higher resolution images of known objects but also all the unknown objects around and farther back in time that we previously couldn't see. Growing up with Hubble images we take for granted what people grew up with before that: virtually nothing accessible. Keep in mind Hubble images came around in the same time frame as the birth of mass use of the internet by non-academics and enterprise level stuff. We will now get JW images for the next 20 years that are on another technical level. It's too easy for today's social media user to simply look at JW's first color image released and just shrug their shoulders and move on. Today's culture isn't going to be stunned by images hardly at all--they are consuming millions of them per day as it is in sub-second time frames. The real excitement is the science that will then fuel future technology that people will benefit from (or die from) that we generate from new physics from the data from JW.

I'm a telescope nerd here on Earth. Wish I had access to such an instrument like JW. We have so much local that we are clueless about still. I primarily study and image our local star and from a `pretty picture' standpoint, I have two NASA APODs now just in solar. Happy to see more images from JW!

Very best,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis