The everything Beer thread

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
One of the few beers/ales I can actually taste since my head and neck radiation 2 years ago. No ( intermittent) saliva doesn't help either.

help either.
Screenshot 2022-05-22 090359.jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
1654289387406.jpeg

Beck's non-a

No mo touch. No mo erection. No mo alcohol. No bueno.:confused:

-- or --

Woo hoo! Now I can drink all I want!:cool::cool::cool:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
BTW, I assume anyway, but why does Budweiser rule the market? Is pilsner still king? Seems like with the new beers some of those older ones pale in comparison IMO. Bud can distribute for less because they sell so much? Don't really understand.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Distribution is part of it. They also are... (Blech!) selling a quality product. Think about everything else out there in that class of light American Lager...
I'm not taking a position on this, but I would rather drink Bud than Miller or Coors or PBR... (But I drink none of that stuff.)
Of course everybody has their preference and I'm not suggesting that you can't enjoy your MGD if that's what you like. :D
But Budweiser (Anheuser Busch) had a lot of early success with the brewery in St Louis and the underground caverns they were able to use for lagering their beer... The business acumen has always been a large part of their success, including the merger to Inbev (Now AB Inbev... as in... Anheuser Busch).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Distribution is part of it. They also are... (Blech!) selling a quality product. Think about everything else out there in that class of light American Lager...
I'm not taking a position on this, but I would rather drink Bud than Miller or Coors or PBR... (But I drink none of that stuff.)
Of course everybody has their preference and I'm not suggesting that you can't enjoy your MGD if that's what you like. :D
But Budweiser (Anheuser Busch) had a lot of early success with the brewery in St Louis and the underground caverns they were able to use for lagering their beer... The business acumen has always been a large part of their success, including the merger to Inbev (Now AB Inbev... as in... Anheuser Busch).
In my area I never see it on tap. About the only thing in the big commercial brands on tap is Coors Lite.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I need to do a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery down the street from me. I've heard that while their beer sucks, they are kings of cleanliness and consistency.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of breweries around here I need to visit.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
In my area I never see it on tap. About the only thing in the big commercial brands on tap is Coors Lite.
Bars only have so many taps, so they're goin to have what their customers want. If nobody buys a beer, they aren't going to ask for it from their distributer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I need to do a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery down the street from me. I've heard that while their beer sucks, they are kings of cleanliness and consistency.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of breweries around here I need to visit.
I did a tour of their Fairfield CA facility once....the smell was hard to handle.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It makes sense to have Coors Lite on tap … because they use it instead of water to rinse out all the beer glasses.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Bars only have so many taps, so they're goin to have what their customers want. If nobody buys a beer, they aren't going to ask for it from their distributer.
That's what I'm trying to say. How is Bud the king of beers if I never see it around??? (I'm NOT talking about Anheuser Busch.) Just seems to me a newer beer like Castle Danger etc in time could take it over. Maybe though Bud is big but not in my area.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Damn. Had to break my beer fast for a moment.
Limited release style:

Laughing Monk Castro Kolsch
1655433873659.png

(Image from the web)

Flippin' delish!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis