Bowers and Wilkins NEW 800 D4 Series!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The D4 will measure the SAME as the D1, D2 and D3. But......the D4 will sound night-and-day better than the D1-D3. :eek:

Believe it!

R------------------I-----------------G----------------H-----------------T. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I still think the D1 and D2 (800 & 802) look better than the D3 and D4 aesthetically.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I still think the D1 and D2 (800 & 802) look better than the D3 and D4 aesthetically.
801 D4 all the way! haha! They are very nice looking. I need to get a pair or two. Good setup for the living room.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
801 D4 all the way! haha! They are very nice looking. I need to get a pair or two. Good setup for the living room.
Might be interesting to see what Sound United (Marantz, Denon, DefTech, Polk, Classe) does with B&W. :D

But no way man. 1st and 2nd generation of 800D and 802D rule!!! :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Might be interesting to see what Sound United (Marantz, Denon, DefTech, Polk, Classe) does with B&W. :D

But no way man. 1st and 2nd generation of 800D and 802D rule!!! :D
My hope is that they release more in-wall versions. Revamp the in-wall diamond series lineup.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
What? They have Diamond tweeters for In-Wall? :D
Oh yes!! haha. They have regular diamond series and then the custom install diamond series. The custom in-wall are the same as the 800 D3's. $15k/each speaker. They have a smaller version that goes down to $10k, $6k and $4k. Then their normal in-wall CWM8.3 Diamond series are $4300 each and CWM8.5D are $2,200 each. They have Atmos Diamond series speakers for $2800 each.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yes!! haha. They have regular diamond series and then the custom install diamond series. The custom in-wall are the same as the 800 D3's. $15k/each speaker. They have a smaller version that goes down to $10k, $6k and $4k. Then their normal in-wall CWM8.3 Diamond series are $4300 each and CWM8.5D are $2,200 each. They have Atmos Diamond series speakers for $2800 each.
They’re out of their gods loving minds. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
They’re out of their gods loving minds. :D
If you want to experience a full B&W theater that includes the $15k in-walls and powered by McIntosh amps, just come on up to my neck of the woods. My Best Buy Magnolia has it!

B

BWguy

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the quick review. I have the 802s3’s, but have not yet listened to the D4’s. Quite a jump in price for the new series. For the marginal improvement, I don’t think my current speakers will be going anywhere.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you want to experience a full B&W theater that includes the $15k in-walls and powered by McIntosh amps, just come on up to my neck of the woods. My Best Buy Magnolia has it!
I'm holding out for the D25 because it's gonna sound 25 times better than the D1, even though the speaker measurements for the D25 will look almost exactly like the D1. :D

R

Ragingfighter

Audiophyte
My 805 D3 will last many many years. I run a 4.1 system. I prefer a phantom center than a center speaker. My surround are a pair of 705 s2. Really sounds great. Don’t need atmos or more channels. Not enough room. Sounds great!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I'm holding out for the D25 because it's gonna sound 25 times better than the D1, even though the speaker measurements for the D25 will look almost exactly like the D1. :D
Personally I’m holding out for the D30’s. I hope they cost $50k A pair or more. Which at that price point they’ll be a steal!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Personally I’m holding out for the D30’s. I hope they cost $50k A pair or more. Which at that price point they’ll be a steal!
Well yeah, in 26 years they will cost $50K. :D

Plus they’ll sound 30 times better than the D1, even if they have the same measurements with that +5dB bump around 10kHz. Gotta have it. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Well yeah, in 26 years they will cost $50K. :D

Plus they’ll sound 30 times better than the D1, even if they have the same measurements with that +5dB bump around 10kHz. Gotta have it. :D

I’m hopeful that B&W will have their own amps specially designed to work with the D30’s. 1000w per ch at 8ohm with THD of .000001%. And I will easily drop $20k per mono block.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’m hopeful that B&W will have their own amps specially designed to work with the D30’s. 1000w per ch at 8ohm with THD of .000001%. And I will easily drop $20k per mono block.
SU owns B&W, Marantz and Classe. So they already have amps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis