MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
The Dude defined the parameter of pushing an agenda. Reagan clearly stated the policies he was going to pursue once elected and executed accordingly. Trump same. Both also shared the trait of fighting back against the Media. With different styles of course.
You're a moron.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
You've met some of my family?
I'll quote Woody again:
"I hate Reality, but its still the best place to get a good steak"

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Seems it's the political "outsider" that gets poop done. Reagan had been in gov't a while anyway, but I wonder if he was more the 'lone wolf' type.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I agree with you. Reagan was kind of unique because he made the intellectual journey from the Left early in his career to ending up a rather principled conservative by the time he became Governor of California. This was despite his portrayal by the Media as the dumb, but happy warrior. I remember years ago reading a book that had copies of his personal correspondence to and from intellectuals, voters, other politicians, etc. It was quite enlightening because I came away from it thinking he was a pretty deep thinker. I did not think the puddle was too deep before I read that book.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with you. Reagan was kind of unique because he made the intellectual journey from the Left early in his career to ending up a rather principled conservative by the time he became Governor of California. This was despite his portrayal by the Media as the dumb, but happy warrior. I remember years ago reading a book that had copies of his personal correspondence to and from intellectuals, voters, other politicians, etc. It was quite enlightening because I came away from it thinking he was a pretty deep thinker. I did not think the puddle was too deep before I read that book.
Who held Senate in Reagan's two terms?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Republicans, or I should say Establishment Republicans.
The Dems controlled the House for those 8 years. That's why Reagan couldn't fulfill his whole agenda...

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
That's nothing new, been going on for decades.
I know its a dirty racket but what is astonishing are how high the numbers were. $ 1.5 Billion for Dems and 900 M for the Repubs..If the Repubs had matched that 1.5b they might have won. They're going to have to up their game.
I would have bet the numbers would have been the other way around.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I know its a dirty racket but what is astonishing are how high the numbers were. $ 1.5 Billion for Dems and 900 M for the Repubs..If the Repubs had matched that 1.5b they might have won. They're going to have to up their game.
I would have bet the numbers would have been the other way around.
I dunno. Seems to me Trump lost because he's Trump. He lost while claiming "the greatest economy ever" and "the greatest president ever." Seems it should've been an automatic slamdunk landslide. But we have to analyze and look "deeper" into the reasons he didn't win (because he's a polarizing a'hole etc.). It wasn't like he conducted himself like say Romney and it was all the left media's fault because they manipulated the edits.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
while stoking agitation

A good example of what Trump does: adds fuel to the fire. Plus his cadence and how that attracts the wrong crowd (ie alt-right). The report that David Duke attended one of his rallies is quite embarrassing. If that's what America wants: a man who tried to steal an election and doesn't distance himself from these fringe groups. It doesn't reflect upon the party very well IMO.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while stoking agitation

A good example of what Trump does: adds fuel to the fire. Plus his cadence and how that attracts the wrong crowd (ie alt-right). The report that David Duke attended one of his rallies is quite embarrassing. If that's what America wants: a man who tried to steal an election and doesn't distance himself from these fringe groups. It doesn't reflect upon the party very well IMO.
Dude, believe me, not all conservatives back Trump and for sure that includes me !

Last edited:
SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Dude, believe me, not all conservatives back Trump and for sure includes me !
Exactly. Would add to that, not all dems will back Biden in 2024 going by poll numbers. Will make 2024 rather eventful.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, believe me, not all conservatives back Trump and for sure that includes me !
Exactly. Would add to that, not all dems will back Biden in 2024 going by poll numbers. Will make 2024 rather eventful.
I don't back any old people. Not to offend those of you that are in fact, old, but someone over 70 has no business being president. Not even taking into consideration that the average age in the US is ~37.

I don't know why anyone would want that job beyond that age. If both Biden and Trump are alive in 2024, it'll be quite amazing.

I asked my grandfather when McCain ran against Obama if he would want to be president at his age (same as McCain at the time). He looked at me like I was crazy and said "hell know". He was a center leaning republican and voted for Obama.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm in and out of NYC a lot and a large portion of minorities are anitvax because of their distrust of government. That's under reported by the Media.
Depends on where you are- MKE has the same situation- the city population is mostly comprised of people from minority groups, although I think Blacks are the least trusting of government which is a bit ironic here because MKE hasn't had a Republican Mayor in over 100 years, so they can't very well be blamed for the problems. The local paper has commented on this and as I posted, MKE has about 56% vaccinated.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Biden said that he doesn't believe the polls, last week.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis