Can we have a rational discussion about guns and why the typical arguments for gun control and its implementation won't work?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think historians would interpret militias as our present National Guard units run by the state governor, not each county or city setting one up.
But that's where the Posse Comitatus Act comes in- it restricts the Federal Government's use of its military to enforce domestic policies unless through an act of Congress. Posses are formed locally, to handle local problems. The National Guard can be requested by governors, but unless certain conditions are met, the military can't just go in and squash whatever is happening. The Insurrection Act is one such device that would have allowed it without requests from the governors.

highfigh

highfigh

You're too kind.
Yeah, that's me- a heart as big as the outdoors.

I also said that he needs a muzzle and handlers since before he ran for POTUS.

When Bart Simpson was complaining about something, Homer looked at him and said "There, there, shut up, boy".

highfigh

highfigh

First, yes the US Army is unconstitutional but so are a lot of things. The purpose of individuals being armed was so that we could raise militias and an army if needed. What would you like them armed with, muskets, that’s willful ignorance!

The bake sale reference was to illustrate how the people came together to provide the country with military equipment.
They have come together since long before WWI- the difference between that time and now is that a lot of the money comes from taxpayers.

They had cannon- they just didn't go around with them on a regular basis.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
If I shoot someone in self defense I will be tried (or not) based on the information I had at the time, not information later gathered that I didn’t know at the time. Your argument about the Founding Fathers is comparing today’s morals and standards to those of the time. The topic is too broad to take on in this forum but in short they did not want slavery but America would never have existed if they had apposed it at that time. They wrote many letters discussing how to end slavery, sadly they didn’t live to see it happen.
Bullshit. "...they did not want slavery in America..." Uh huh. Yet a substantial portion of them owned slaves and did not lead by example either.

Anyway, you are simply grandstanding! What have you done to free someone from slavery, actual slavery? If you’d like to PM me I can discuss it privately but organizations I support actively free the oppressed and hunt the oppressors in America and around the globe, some of whom marched with MLK, I wasn’t born yet. A little girl in Vietnam was recently raped, burned alive and had her hands and feet cutoff. She survived and is being well taken care of, and is in extremely good spirits. Her oppressor was given the opportunity to accept the Lord Jesus Christ before...
I am not grandstanding. I am stating my opinion. I don't know how to respond to the silliness of the rest of this quote.

Anyway, to those who think citizens don’t need guns because of current political systems and opulence, I hope you’re right. Sadly the whole of human history does not agree with your opinions.
I never said citizens don't need guns, I said gun ownership should be regulated to at least the level we apply to driver's licenses.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The poster you replied to can rebut your post himself. That said, the girl is in extremely good spirits? Really, I mean, really?

I call that murder, and you support that? I thought you where the Paragon of Justice and the Constitution?
Your lack of understanding of the human spirit is very revealing.

What murder? He was handed over to his government to be tried and sentenced. What punishment do you think would be appropriate?

I think you are just being a troll!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Russia doesn’t have enough ships or troop carrying aircraft to oppose LAPD. Red Dawn would have been over before dinner!
The LAPD has less than ten thousand officers in the field. Let's see... Russia has 14 An-225 jet transports. These six-engined planes are the largest planes in the world. Load up a bunch of them with troops and equipment (even tanks), fly a few SU-57 fighters to protect them, and land at LAX. It would take a lot more than the LAPD to stop them.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Bullshit. "...they did not want slavery in America..." Uh huh. Yet a substantial portion of them owned slaves and did not lead by example either.
C’mon, please use all the facts not just the ones you like. They were required under British law to own slave and it was normal and customary around the world at the time. The world’s economy was based on slavery and they would have bankrupted the country before it started.

Go read up on George Washington’s slaves and get back to me.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic

I am not grandstanding. I am stating my opinion. I don't know how to respond to the silliness of the rest of this quote.

I never said citizens don't need guns, I said gun ownership should be regulated to at least the level we apply to driver's licenses.
+1..........So sad our society today is so racist, have mental disabilities not being addressed, some police are out of control and need to be fired, people non caring, only out for themselves. Put all militia organizations out of business. Republicans too. What do you think about that??? UH??

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The LAPD has less than ten thousand officers in the field. Let's see... Russia has 14 An-225 jet transports. These six-engined planes are the largest planes in the world. Load up a bunch of them with troops and equipment (even tanks), fly a few SU-57 fighters to protect them, and land at LAX. It would take a lot more than the LAPD to stop them.
Hahahahahaha...... 14 huh, but how many can actually fly and they have 2 operational Felons (SU-57’s). Russia has long ago lost its ability to project power and now less than a paper tiger.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
They were required under British law to own slave and it was normal and customary around the world at the time.
What are you talking about? British law required the founders to own slaves? You can't be serious.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Hahahahahaha...... 14 huh, but how many can actually fly and they have 2 operational Felons (SU-57’s). Russia has long ago lost its ability to project power and now less than a paper tiger.
Right. Tell that to the US military trying to repel Russian bombers in Alaskan airspace.

Why are you always making silly arguments?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
+1..........So sad our society today is so racist, have mental disabilities not being addressed, some police are out of control and need to be fired, people non caring, only out for themselves. Put all militia organizations out of business. Republicans too. What do you think about that??? UH??
I sometimes vote for Republicans. Not the ones supporting or cowering to Trump or his base though.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

But that's where the Posse Comitatus Act comes in- it restricts the Federal Government's use of its military to enforce domestic policies unless through an act of Congress. Posses are formed locally, to handle local problems. The National Guard can be requested by governors, but unless certain conditions are met, the military can't just go in and squash whatever is happening. The Insurrection Act is one such device that would have allowed it without requests from the governors.

Yes, but the National Guard is a state unit and funded by the state at the governors discretion until federalized, no?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Put the Republicans out? You’ve lost your mind! Sounds a lot like a one party system to me.
Right. Tell that to the US military trying to repel Russian bombers in Alaskan airspace.

Why are you always making silly arguments?
we know the temperature of the runway at Ukranka and the Bears counter rotating turbo props look like Rhode Island on radar. This is funny :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

You DO NOT want a country with one party. When it becomes THE party, rights go away completely.

You seem to believe that Russia is as 'technically ignorant' as it was under Stalin, when they successfully backward-engineered US military aircraft and other assets, spied on our people in AND outside of the US, beat the US into space, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

Let's get back to the original point of the thread- people using guns to 'solve their problems' and do stupid things.

Like this-

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
we know the temperature of the runway at Ukranka and the Bears counter rotating turbo props look like Rhode Island on radar. This is funny :rolleyes:
No, you're funny. You start out with an argument about the LAPD being able to repel the Russian military, and then you're talking about US military radar. And you were arguing that US citizens need to own military grade arms to defend the country. I think you and I are done.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis