T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Woohoo!!!!!! F$&kin’ Awesome! Can’t wait for the disc. While “Tenet” came in too hot, the audio on this one is low on HBOmax so turn it way up. Some great action and visuals! Haven’t had that much fun since seeing Pacific Rim at the movies.o_O
1617253294635.jpeg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
How could anyone mess up on bass with a movie like this? The theme screams "Im gonna loosen your bowels with bass" . Hopefully when it comes to disc, they will have rectified this.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I haven’t seen it yet. I’m thinking about seeing it at the theater.

I’ll also be pre ordering the 4K disc as soon as I can. The last one had great sound effects.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched this yesterday with the grandson, definitely a leave your brain at the door movie, but it was enjoyable. I had to bump the center channel up a bit to hear it, but the special effects were pretty cool. I'm not 100% sure, but towards the end, they almost seemed to pay homage to the originals with a scale model set, while the rest of the movie seems to be mostly CGI.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This movie is some of the most fun you'll have with deep bass. Even scenes with no action at all when Kong makes grumbling sounds my chair is shaking!

If you watch this turn your brain off, don't think too hard about the details, suspend as much disbelief as possible and just have fun with it. I think they intentionally leaned right into the ridiculous to deliver some giant monsters punching giant monsters, and on that it delivers in spades. I've watched it like 3 or 4 times now, skipping through the slower parts and going right into the action. I've been having a blast with my new nearfield sub watching this movie.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I am not into watching as are pretty ridiculous type movies.......IMO. Boring, you might say.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can't expect a great story from a film like this lol. It is intended to be dumb fun and it definitely was. There was a hefty amount of bass on this one. I found it pretty entertaining.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My impression after watching this movie was.......man, this director sucks!. :D

They can't find any other directors with a better resume? What has this guy done that is even decent?

So I would rank this movie well BELOW Godzilla King of the Monsters, Kong Skull Island, and Godzilla 2014.

The only good thing about his movie was that, like King of the Monsters, this movie was shot using awesome 6.5K resolution digital cameras. So thank the producers for this 6.5K. But this director sucks. :D

What the hells is going on with movies in 2021? :eek:

First, "Tenet" kind of sucked. Then "WW84" really sucked to the extreme. Then now "Godzilla vs Kong" sucked.

I hope "Black Widow", "Matrix 4", and the "Dune 2021" don't suck too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, yeah it sucked. But did you like it?:p
What you mean to ask is, "Will you watch it AGAIN?" :D

This movie sucked.

No, I do not like this movie.

But yeah, I will probably watch it again when it comes out on 4K Atmos BluRay disc because I do like watching Godzilla and Kong kick a$$. I'll just skip the rest of the movie, especially the part about the people in it. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
My impression after watching this movie was.......man, this director sucks!. :D

They can't find any other directors with a better resume? What has this guy done that is even decent?

So I would rank this movie well BELOW Godzilla King of the Monsters, Kong Skull Island, and Godzilla 2014.

The only good thing about his movie was that, like King of the Monsters, this movie was shot using awesome 6.5K resolution digital cameras. So thank the producers for this 6.5K. But this director sucks. :D

What the hells is going on with movies in 2021? :eek:

First, "Tenet" kind of sucked. Then "WW84" really sucked to the extreme. Then now "Godzilla vs Kong" sucked.

I hope "Black Widow", "Matrix 4", and the "Dune 2021" don't suck too.
Black Widow will follow the standard Marvel movie style. Action, comedy, little drama and some stupidity. Who the hell knows with Matrix 4. It could be insanely amazing or total flop. Dune is going to be an epic masterpiece. I love Denis Villeneuve (Director). He also did Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Almost all of the action was in the last 20 minutes. You can almost just skip to that without missing anything lol. King of Monsters spread it out a bit at least, but I thought it was equal in terms of not a lot of brain needed. They're just visual and audio entertainment. I just picked up the 4K release of the 2014 Godzilla and it looks and sounds amazing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Black Widow will follow the standard Marvel movie style. Action, comedy, little drama and some stupidity. Who the hell knows with Matrix 4. It could be insanely amazing or total flop. Dune is going to be an epic masterpiece. I love Denis Villeneuve (Director). He also did Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049.
Well, at least Dune 2021 and Matrix 4 have good directors (IMO).

The director for "Black Widow" has nothing good on her resume, so it might be stupid like Godzilla vs Kong, but hopefully not. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm really hoping Dune turns out. I read about 6 novels in the series a couple of times when I was in my teens and was really on a Frank Herbert kick for a long time. Books were a nice escape from reality for me when I was young and the world building in those books is so rich and detailed. Hours would slip by like minutes for me reading them. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings were like that for me too. I love fantasy/science fiction.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm really hoping Dune turns out. I read about 6 novels in the series a couple of times when I was in my teens and was really on a Frank Herbert kick for a long time. Books were a nice escape from reality for me when I was young and the world building in those books is so rich and detailed. Hours would slip by like minutes for me reading them. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings were like that for me too. I love fantasy/science fiction.
Based on the director's resume and all the stars in the movie (Rebecca Ferguson alone), I feel pretty confident about Dune 2021. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis