Sony 4K UBP-X700 issues

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So far so good since I followed the suggestion from @VMPS-TIII

I do use my x800m2 player sometimes all day with music and several hours at night with movies.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So this is what I get for saying my 700 has been largely trouble free. Bitch froze up last night at random.....
Simple power cycle fixed per usual but still...duuuummmm

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Might be worth it. It’s only froze a few times, and it’s basically out in the open so I’m not sure it’s from heat. But it’s a free mod so!
Bought mine a couple of months ago for $112 on the bay. Just opened it. Was gonna hold off till I got my 4K tv, but...I will test it today and see if any issues. Seller Included my first 4K movie Red. My orange friend always showing off. :p
7144AC4A-FB7E-40E7-BFE3-2071AE7EE0EA.jpeg

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Might be worth it. It’s only froze a few times, and it’s basically out in the open so I’m not sure it’s from heat. But it’s a free mod so!
Just raise it 1" off the table with some type of open pedestal and all heat issues vanish. I was ready to return my Sony X700 as it would lock up. Now with it siting on the edges of two 3.5" eSATA trays with a completely open area underneath it never has an issue. AND sounds great with my CDs as well. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just raise it 1" off the table with some type of open pedestal and all heat issues vanish. I was ready to return my Sony X700 as it would lock up. Now with it siting on the edges of two 3.5" eSATA trays with a completely open area underneath it never has an issue. AND sounds great with my CDs as well. :D
Yep I was thinking the same thing lots of holes on bottom. You can get these from the dollar tree and stack them underneath the the feet. They have sticky adhesives. I also stack them them on center speaker for better ear position.
9958511C-D9DF-4C8A-8BFD-F287C2024B7B.jpeg

Testing 1,2
4F9F6439-25EC-4D35-9082-BA1BE9D8C5E9.jpeg

7A4669C0-422F-43C3-B047-2DDEFE815C5D.jpeg

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Bought mine a couple of months ago for $112 on the bay. Just opened it. Was gonna hold off till I got my 4K tv, but...I will test it today and see if any issues. Seller Included my first 4K movie Red. My orange friend always showing off. :pView attachment 40593
I don’t even have a 4K display either, but need to be able to play Atmos tracks. Your orange friend is very happy looking!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes indeed! Those are very handy. Luckily my cc has an upward angled baffle, but I’ve used them in other systems.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I’ll test all day and see if any freezing, stutter, etc. So far so good.
No 5G on this Sony, but running Ethernet connection. Stay tuned.
2A25FDC4-6EE9-4DFF-A367-659BA708D4EB.jpeg

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I’ll test all day and see if any freezing, stutter, etc. So far so good.
No 5G on this Sony, but running Ethernet connection. Stay tuned.
All your freezing will disappear with those risers in place.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Sony should include short retractable feet on the X700 for keeping it cool. :cool:
That would reduce returns by a large margin.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sony should include short retractable feet on the X700 for keeping it cool. :cool:
That would reduce returns by a large margin.
Too bad Gmoney didn’t wait a bit more. They should have also have put vents on the sides to circulate air more. I’m glad his LG 4K player is working good though. Man can’t wait to see this with a 4K TV.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Had no issues with streaming so far. I’ll play a couple of Blu-ray’s this week and see how it goes. I like the newer layout. It does get warm, but not overly so. It’s was already updated, so no new ones.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
@VMPS-TIII So far so good several UHD and Blu-ray titles have played all the way through on my x800m2 since doing your fix. Thanks!!! :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yep I was thinking the same thing lots of holes on bottom. You can get these from the dollar tree and stack them underneath the the feet. They have sticky adhesives. I also stack them them on center speaker for better ear position.View attachment 40594
Testing 1,2
View attachment 40596
View attachment 40595
I have to Retract my first statement about the Sony X700. Most if not all of my issues with my X700 where from a bad 4K disc and a buggy Netflix app. Don't know if you guys remember I had tried out no less than 7 Different players. 5, X700 one LG and one Sony 3700 blu-ray. I have found out that just what you guys are talking about "heat" and Netflix app just sucks a lot at time's. Also one of my 4K disc from GOT season 8 Is defective. I went back to the Sony X700 put some space underneath the player and haven't had any freezing issues for over a month. Dollar for dollar the Sony X700 hands down is the best on the market right now. So umm yeah I highly recommend it.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have to Retract my first statement about the Sony X700. Most if not all of my issues with my X700 where from a bad 4K disc and a buggy Netflix app. Don't know if you guys remember I had tried out no less than 7 Different players. 5, X700 one LG and one Sony 3700 blu-ray. I have found out that just what you guys are talking about "heat" and Netflix app just sucks a lot at time's. Also one of my 4K disc from GOT season 8 Is defective. I went back to the Sony X700 put some space underneath the player and haven't had any freezing issues for over a month. Dollar for dollar the Sony X700 hands down is the best on the market right now. So umm yeah I highly recommend it.
The other issue that will sometimes cause freezes is if you play a 4K HDR disk in the X700 while using a non-4K TV. Switching to the included Bluray disk corrects the issue.

M

MTVhike

Audioholic Intern
Do you think the X700 is a better value than the X800 (or X800M2)? What is really the difference between these (except that I don't think the X700 plays DVD-Audios)?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Do you think the X700 is a better value than the X800 (or X800M2)? What is really the difference between these (except that I don't think the X700 plays DVD-Audios)?
From my take on Sony's X800 it seems to be a better built I didn't know Sony had X800M2. I can say this about my Experience with the Sony's X700 just this past weekend I was streaming Netflix and no less than 5 times I had to unplug it From the receptacle and plug it back in to get it to work. I can not say for sure what is causing that. I can watch 4 to 5 Episodes of whatever on Netflix and for some reason when the app is Switching to the next episode after 4 or 5 episodes it will cause the Sony X700 to freeze up unit will Not responding to any commands from the remote. Now when playing a 4K disc all good. Thing is I have tried 5 of these 4K player's All of them done the exact same thing. Walmart here where I live has seen me over this year alone for returns I even tried one LG 9 player 4K it did the same thing would freeze up when streaming. I can't really Troubleshoot to see if maybe it's loosing internet connection cause once it freezes up won't respond to anything from the remote which tells me that Sony's X700 is buggy. I have found from reading reviews from BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon, Crutchfield, that with this model X700 seems to have issues with freezing up or not lasting very long. Maybe next year I'll pickup the 4K play TLSGUY recommend to get.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis